GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Greybriar on May 13, 2014, 07:32:13 PM

Title: 1849
Post by: Greybriar on May 13, 2014, 07:32:13 PM
My interest was aroused when I first spotted 1849 by SomaSim for sale at GOG.com (http://www.gog.com/game/1849_the_gold_rush) (the PC version is also available at GamersGate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-1849/1849) and Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/290970/)) for $12.74 U.S. The price is 15% off at those three sources. I like some city-builders and 1849 with its hand drawn graphics has its appeal.

But 1849 is also available for $4.99 in iPad format at the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/app/1849/id840299641) and Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.somasim.fortynine). I am unfamiliar with the pricing in other formats, but isn't a 250% increase of the PC version a little extreme?

I also ran across this post (http://www.somasim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1191) at the SomaSim forums and my interest in the game diminished somewhat.

But the bottom line is, has anyone purchased and played 1849 for the PC? If so, is it worth $12.74?
Title: Re: 1849
Post by: Nefaro on May 13, 2014, 07:57:12 PM
The GOG reviews I saw panned it as being too simple.  Which fits the typical tablet game port expectations I have.

Title: Re: 1849
Post by: Gusington on May 14, 2014, 07:45:00 AM
From a quick browse I like the look of it...