GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on May 19, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

Title: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Jarhead0331 on May 19, 2014, 04:38:01 PM
Beyond question...Warhammer 40K - Armageddon. It looks like it is going to be awesome. Yes, its got Titans!

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/emperors-panzers-warhammer-40k-armageddon-preview/ (http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/emperors-panzers-warhammer-40k-armageddon-preview/)
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bob48 on May 19, 2014, 04:41:49 PM
Certainly on my list.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: airboy on May 19, 2014, 04:52:01 PM
Xenonauts
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: DennisS on May 19, 2014, 04:52:50 PM
Tropico 5. Yeah I know..not really a wargame..but it has soldiers!!
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: JudgeDredd on May 19, 2014, 04:57:30 PM
Elite Dangerous (is that due out this year? I hope so)
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bob48 on May 19, 2014, 04:58:11 PM
^Aye, that's another one that could grab me.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: GDS_Starfury on May 19, 2014, 05:04:45 PM
what about the new Candy Crush?
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bob48 on May 19, 2014, 05:11:10 PM
...well, what about it?
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 19, 2014, 05:12:21 PM
Is that the game where the Mrs. Bawb avatar repeatedly whacks Bawb's gnads with a ball peen hammer until he doesn't speak with a weird accent anymore?
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bob48 on May 19, 2014, 05:13:37 PM
Nah, that's a different one ::)
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 19, 2014, 05:24:17 PM
Oh. Blimey Crush?
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bob48 on May 19, 2014, 05:25:44 PM
Limey crush  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: undercovergeek on May 19, 2014, 05:43:23 PM
Elite

Ultimate Civil War or Whatever the Hell its called - the Darth one

Civilisation Beyond Earth

That new homeworld game thing

The division

and Massive Chalice

Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: TheCommandTent on May 19, 2014, 05:44:46 PM
The actually full release of Wasteland 2
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Rayfer on May 19, 2014, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 19, 2014, 05:44:46 PM
The actually full release of Wasteland 2

Me too....!
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bbmike on May 19, 2014, 05:55:52 PM
Easy. Civilization: Beyond Earth.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 19, 2014, 06:12:46 PM
Civilization Beyond Earth does look good. Wasteland 2 too.

For me the #1 has to be the new Cinemaware release of Wings, comes out next month.

And Limey Crush of course.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Grim.Reaper on May 19, 2014, 06:25:26 PM
I am a simple man...sniper elite 3.
Title: .
Post by: eyebiter on May 19, 2014, 07:06:24 PM
.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Al on May 19, 2014, 07:35:09 PM
Order of Battle Pacific.  I think it's supposed to be out this year.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 19, 2014, 07:54:23 PM
^Ooh good one
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: mikeck on May 19, 2014, 07:57:31 PM
Civilization: beyond earth
ship breakers (the Homeworld MMO thingy)...although i haven't heard much on this so I'm not holding out much hope
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: RooksBailey on May 19, 2014, 08:24:00 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 19, 2014, 04:38:01 PM
Beyond question...Warhammer 40K - Armageddon. It looks like it is going to be awesome. Yes, its got Titans!

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/emperors-panzers-warhammer-40k-armageddon-preview/ (http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/emperors-panzers-warhammer-40k-armageddon-preview/)

That was a very good article!  I am definitely looking forward to it. 

For me, I would say Elite: Dangerous as a potential buy.  Just for curiosity: Watch_Dogs.  I am curious to see if it lives up to the hype.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: tgb on May 19, 2014, 08:55:34 PM
Civilization Beyond Earth
Endless Legend (although I have doubts about it making it out this year)
Wasteland II
Distant Worlds:Universe (well, my most anticipated this week,anyway)
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Con on May 19, 2014, 09:11:04 PM
I am hoping for Command Ops Mediterranean Pack in 2014
Other than that I would like to see more games for the iPad since that is now my gaming platform when I travel

Con

Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: skeptical.platypus on May 19, 2014, 09:44:38 PM
I'm intentionally not paying attention to the gaming horizon, and so far ignorance has had it's moments. If Battlefront's Black Sea is a 2014 release, that's very near the top of  my list.

I also very much look forward to playing the heck of Civilization: Beyond Assault War Modern Strike.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Martok on May 19, 2014, 10:14:53 PM
Boy, that's a tough one for me.  I'm trying real hard to *not* anticipate any upcoming releases too much, as I wish to minimize the chances of disappointment (I'm only too aware my expectations are likely otherwise unreasonably high for most of the games I'm looking forward to). 


That being said...  As both a 4x gamer and frequent Kickstarter backer (at least last year), Predestination and Worlds of Magic are probably the front-runners for me personally.  However, I would be remiss if I didn't also mention StarDrive 2, Sovereignty: Crown of Kings, and Distant Worlds: Universe as well; all these strategy titles are certainly in the running. 

Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Kushan on May 19, 2014, 10:52:46 PM
Right now there's really not a a lot I'm looking forward to. Other then Distant Worlds Universe, which will be out this week, Wasteland 2, End All Wars, Sovereignty: Crown of Kings, Starpoint Gemini 2 are the only ones. The full release of Xenonauts deserves to be mentioned, but its already a solid game as it is.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Greybriar on May 20, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
Worlds of Magic (http://myworldsofmagic.com/), particularly since I backed it on both of its Kickstarters.

Civilization: Beyond Earth sounds more like a sequel to Alpha Centauri to me than an addition to the Civilization series (http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/civilization-series), but I will undoubtedly pick it up upon its release.

Another title I am looking forward to is Wasteland II.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bbmike on May 20, 2014, 05:32:10 AM
Quote from: Greybriar on May 20, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
Worlds of Magic (http://myworldsofmagic.com/), particularly since I backed it on both of its Kickstarters.

That's another one I'm waiting for. I'm hoping it turns out to be the best fantasy 4x to date.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: tgb on May 20, 2014, 05:39:57 AM
I forgot to mention Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager.  I bought this end of last year on Early Access, and it's very much a different (and much better) game today than originally announced, thanks to Matrix listening to the player base.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
I have to say that there's no game i am really really looking forward to and this seems to repeat itself for the last few years. I remember when i was looking forward to Birth of the federation, Master of Orion III, Knigths of Honor or Imperium Romanum...these were good years. Don't misunderstand me, i think there's bunch of good games coming up and there were maybe never as many coming out in the past. I hadn't really though much about it so far.

So the ones i am the most looking forward to (without too much excitement):

- Ageod's Hannibal: Terror of Rome and To end all wars.
- Sovereignty: Crown of Kings
- Worlds of Magic (i am one of the kickstarters)
- Ultimate General: Gettysburg
- M.O.R.E.
- Starpoing Gemini 2
- Lords of the Black Sun
- Predestination
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Martok on May 20, 2014, 07:30:11 AM
Quote from: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
I have to say that there's no game i am really really looking forward to and this seems to repeat itself for the last few years. I remember when i was looking forward to Birth of the federation, Master of Orion III, Knigths of Honor or Imperium Romanum...these were good years. Don't misunderstand me, i think there's bunch of good games coming up and there were maybe never as many coming out in the past. I hadn't really though much about it so far.
I think that sums up my own feelings on the subject fairly well.  There are a number of titles due to be released this year that sound promising (and at least a few of which I think will be good), it's just there aren't any I'm particularly chomping at the bit for right now. 




Quote from: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
- Lords of the Black Sun aka FKAP (formerley known as Predestination?)
Formerly Star Lords.  Predestination is a separate 4x title.  :) 

Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:44:52 AM
Quote from: Martok on May 20, 2014, 07:30:11 AM
Quote from: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
I have to say that there's no game i am really really looking forward to and this seems to repeat itself for the last few years. I remember when i was looking forward to Birth of the federation, Master of Orion III, Knigths of Honor or Imperium Romanum...these were good years. Don't misunderstand me, i think there's bunch of good games coming up and there were maybe never as many coming out in the past. I hadn't really though much about it so far.
I think that sums up my own feelings on the subject fairly well.  There are a number of titles due to be released this year that sound promising (and at least a few of which I think will be good), it's just there aren't any I'm particularly chomping at the bit for right now. 
Indeed!

Quote from: Martok on May 20, 2014, 07:30:11 AM
Quote from: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
- Lords of the Black Sun aka FKAP (formerley known as Predestination?)
Formerly Star Lords.  Predestination is a separate 4x title.  :)
I got mixed up! They all look the same to me at this point....
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 20, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
I like how guys say "oh I'm not looking forward to much" and then rattle off. 5-6 titles they're looking forward to :)
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Anguille on May 20, 2014, 07:48:34 AM
Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
I like how guys say "oh I'm not looking forward to much" and then rattle off. 5-6 titles they're looking forward to :)
Can't help myself  O:-)
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 20, 2014, 08:06:01 AM
Neither can any of the rest of us :)
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: MengJiao on May 20, 2014, 08:13:06 AM
Quote from: bob48 on May 19, 2014, 04:41:49 PM
Certainly on my list.

  So far I'm mostly anticipating Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: tgb on May 20, 2014, 08:43:03 AM
Re: Sovereignity coming out this year, from one of the developers on the Matrix forum:

QuoteFirst of all, the tutorial needs to work properly. Then the game needs to be enjoyable to continue to be played by beta testers. You can sign up when we feel a beta is feasible if you want and test it.

Therefore, we don't have a release date yet.


That was posted yesterday, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 09:25:47 AM
I'm still waiting, and hoping, on GOG to do the Gold Box series from the old SSI days. Can't think of anything else that gets my Selma Hayek  :smitten: on unless it would be a Rome 2 version of Rome 1's Barbarian Invasion.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Rayfer on May 20, 2014, 10:12:47 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 09:25:47 AM
I'm still waiting, and hoping, on GOG to do the Gold Box series from the old SSI days. Can't think of anything else that gets my Selma Hayek  :smitten: on unless it would be a Rome 2 version of Rome 1's Barbarian Invasion.

Hadn't thought of those games in years. Lots of fond memories there. But is it nostalgia or would they still be fun today? Regardless, if they did come out I would certainly buy one to find out.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Greybriar on May 20, 2014, 12:28:38 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 20, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
I like how guys say "oh I'm not looking forward to much" and then rattle off. 5-6 titles they're looking forward to :)

Thanks for that. It made me laugh.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Tinkershuffle on May 20, 2014, 02:11:16 PM
Valiant Hearts: The Great War looks nice.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 20, 2014, 03:24:06 PM
I'm not really anticipating anything especially.  I did pre-order Murdered: Soul Suspect from Gamersgate a while back.  Should be out right about the time I return from holiday.  Hope it's good.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bbmike on May 20, 2014, 03:29:38 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 09:25:47 AM
I'm still waiting, and hoping, on GOG to do the Gold Box series from the old SSI days. Can't think of anything else that gets my Selma Hayek  :smitten: on unless it would be a Rome 2 version of Rome 1's Barbarian Invasion.

Not sure what a Gold Box is but if SSI's Soldiers at War is in there, and it works without cursor problems, I'm in.

I do know what a Selma Hayek is though.  :D
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Swatter on May 20, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
The only game I am even vaguely aware of is Order of Battle: Pacific. It seems like a really good idea I underestimated at first.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Kushan on May 20, 2014, 03:34:06 PM
Wasteland 2 just got a release date: end of august

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/849972
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 20, 2014, 04:18:58 PM
Graviteam tactics Muis front.
Watch Dogs
Elite
Ageod WW1 (a possible)

Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 20, 2014, 05:55:21 PM
Nice...thanks for posting Kushan.

I also agree with Sir Slash...if there is a Rome 2: Barbarian Invasion somewhere on the horizon that becomes my most anticipated...isn't there also a Warhammer TW somewhere in development?
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bbmike on May 20, 2014, 06:06:00 PM
Quote from: Swatter on May 20, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
The only game I am even vaguely aware of is Order of Battle: Pacific. It seems like a really good idea I underestimated at first.

When is that going to be released?
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 10:39:45 PM
BBMike--- The Gold Box series was SSI's RPG with TSR to do AD&D. Confused yet? From way back in the 80's time period when everything had a lot of letters in it's name. Did that help clear it up any? :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: sandman2575 on May 21, 2014, 09:37:24 AM
Quote from: Swatter on May 20, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
The only game I am even vaguely aware of is Order of Battle: Pacific. It seems like a really good idea I underestimated at first.

Care to say more, Swatter? In my own mind, I've kind of dismissed Order of Battle: Pacific as "Panzer Corps set in the PTO." But it sounds like you think it's deeper than that.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 21, 2014, 09:56:58 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on May 21, 2014, 09:37:24 AM
Quote from: Swatter on May 20, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
The only game I am even vaguely aware of is Order of Battle: Pacific. It seems like a really good idea I underestimated at first.

Care to say more, Swatter? In my own mind, I've kind of dismissed Order of Battle: Pacific as "Panzer Corps set in the PTO." But it sounds like you think it's deeper than that.

Me too..seems a fair few recent games coming out by Matrix are bordering on PC clones..or appear to be anyway. As I'm not at all keen on the rock paper scissor mechanic of Panzer General type games I keeping clear of the games that seem to look like it..the Warhammer game is another one. I'd rather they had used say Battle Academy 2 engine for the Warhammer game than the PC engine.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: SgtRock on May 21, 2014, 12:51:07 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 10:39:45 PM
BBMike--- The Gold Box series was SSI's RPG with TSR to do AD&D. Confused yet? From way back in the 80's time period when everything had a lot of letters in it's name. Did that help clear it up any? :coolsmiley:

Last I heard, was some one (Hasbro?) bought what was left of SSI, owns all the old titles but, never did anything with them.

Surprised no one has tried to create/copy the Gold Box concept?

Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: MengJiao on May 21, 2014, 01:02:33 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on May 21, 2014, 09:37:24 AM
Quote from: Swatter on May 20, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
The only game I am even vaguely aware of is Order of Battle: Pacific. It seems like a really good idea I underestimated at first.

Care to say more, Swatter? In my own mind, I've kind of dismissed Order of Battle: Pacific as "Panzer Corps set in the PTO." But it sounds like you think it's deeper than that.

  I looked at the screenshots and had to say hmmm...for there were odd things like messes of battleships and carrier from both sides sort of anchored more or less helter-skelter.  It certainly looked like Panzer Corps in the Ocean.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: Gusington on May 21, 2014, 01:19:15 PM
I like the idea of Panzer Corps in the PTO...plus there are all the ships to utilize.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 21, 2014, 04:24:17 PM
Oh and Combat Mission Black Sea if it comes this year.
Title: Re: Your most anticipated release of 2014
Post by: bbmike on May 21, 2014, 05:06:14 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 20, 2014, 10:39:45 PM
BBMike--- The Gold Box series was SSI's RPG with TSR to do AD&D. Confused yet? From way back in the 80's time period when everything had a lot of letters in it's name. Did that help clear it up any? :coolsmiley:

Ah, well more D&D can't be a bad thing either.  :)