GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: TacticalWargames on May 21, 2014, 07:32:41 AM

Title: Steam Squad
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 21, 2014, 07:32:41 AM
Had a quick go of this today. It looks lovely and has great potential..well worth checking out.

http://steamsquad.net/ (http://steamsquad.net/)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181277137 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181277137)
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: Gusington on May 21, 2014, 07:57:57 AM
Right up my alley...how complete is it?
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: FlickJax on May 21, 2014, 09:13:26 AM
looks good, anyone tried it yet?
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 21, 2014, 09:54:41 AM
I haven't played that much but it isn't anywhere near as bad as some early access games are in terms of development. The only issue I thought needed looking at is the way the camera isn't moving to show the AI turn. I'm speaking with Oleg the developer about it at the moment. He seems a decent fellow aswell.
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: Rayfer on May 21, 2014, 10:06:39 AM
I actually liked the video showing gameplay. Alternative history and a little bit bordering on cartoonish but it looks like it might be fun to play.
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 21, 2014, 10:26:57 AM
Animation is cool. Very difficult at the minute though. Also no fog of war.
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: panzerde on May 21, 2014, 06:15:43 PM
Is the game soundtrack similar to the trailer? This looks fun enough to make me regret my stance of "no more early access."
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: tgb on May 22, 2014, 05:50:29 AM
Sounds like this is turn-based?  I couldn't tell from the video.
Title: Re: Steam Squad
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 23, 2014, 08:50:05 AM
tgb..yes turn based mate. It does have it's problems though. However well worth keeping an eye on.