GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: skeptical.platypus on May 22, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Title: Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive. Also not Panzer General.
Post by: skeptical.platypus on May 22, 2014, 03:05:59 PM
Tactical squad-based shooter? Gangsters with "Burrito" tattooed in Olde English across their chests? Sexualized feminine characters in shorts? $5.99?

Not sure how all this could go wrong, and after a whooping 2 hours of noodling around,  I haven't changed my mind. The graphics and style are intentionally light-hearted, but it works, at least for me.
Title: Re: Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive
Post by: Staggerwing on May 22, 2014, 05:56:26 PM
No linky make Staggerwing sad :(
Title: Re: Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive
Post by: skeptical.platypus on May 22, 2014, 07:25:42 PM
Ooops!

http://www.antisquad.com/

(I found it on steam early access)

I will probably do an aar tonight.
Title: Re: Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive
Post by: Grim.Reaper on May 22, 2014, 07:31:20 PM
3.99 at gmg

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/antisquad/
Title: Re: Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive
Post by: W8taminute on May 22, 2014, 07:52:35 PM
This game looks good.  Might have to pick it up.
Title: Re: Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive
Post by: skeptical.platypus on May 22, 2014, 09:25:19 PM
I should clarify that it's "tactical squad based combat" only in sense that there is a squad and there is combat. "Lunacy with guns n'sh!t" is a bit more accurate. It suffers from a bad case of Range Symptom -- the maximum range of an M-16 is roughly equivalent to a VW Bug.

This does not appear to be an entirely English as a First Language release, but the language is just slightly off. As the Antisquad themselves are slightly off, this ends up working surprisingly well.

There is a story. Don't buy it for the story.

I didn't have a strong urge to keep playing after completing my first mission, but I am looking forward to going back and spending more time with the squad.
Title: Re: Antisquad is. . . Antiproductive
Post by: RooksBailey on May 22, 2014, 09:34:07 PM
This does look interesting.  For some reason it reminds me of a turn-based Team Fortress 2.   ;D  They even are launching a comic series like TF2. 

Edit: this is only SP right?  Shame, it could be fun in a MP environment like with Frozen Synapse.