GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: RedArgo on May 26, 2014, 07:42:06 PM

Title: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: RedArgo on May 26, 2014, 07:42:06 PM
This game kinda looks like it was inspired by Honor Harrington.  Broadsides of missiles and short range energy weapons. 

It's got a long way to go to be funded though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1826182233/contact-vector-rts?ref=discovery (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1826182233/contact-vector-rts?ref=discovery)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/26/contact-vector-demo/#more-209299 (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/26/contact-vector-demo/#more-209299)
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: Zulu1966 on May 27, 2014, 09:37:37 AM
Cant see why this one isn't getting more attention - it looks great
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: Anguille on May 27, 2014, 09:50:42 AM
Very much the game i would like to play...hope they manage it!
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: Rayfer on May 27, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 27, 2014, 09:37:37 AM
Cant see why this one isn't getting more attention - it looks great

Not saying it's the case with this game, but often 'looks great' doesn't translate to 'plays great'.  Time will tell.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: Anguille on May 27, 2014, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on May 27, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 27, 2014, 09:37:37 AM
Cant see why this one isn't getting more attention - it looks great

Not saying it's the case with this game, but often 'looks great' doesn't translate to 'plays great'.  Time will tell.
There's a demo...will try it.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: Nefaro on May 27, 2014, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 27, 2014, 09:50:42 AM
Very much the game i would like to play...hope they manage it!

Same.

Hopefully it turns out okay.  And with the multi-player stretch.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: RedArgo on May 27, 2014, 08:51:52 PM
I played the demo for a few minutes and I was able to blow up a few ships with missiles and energy barrages.  I don't really know what I was doing, but it already seems pretty smooth and it looks nice.  The ships can be on different levels, so I guess there is kind of a 3-d element to it. One thing I noticed was using the mouse wheel to zoom was kinda slow.  I'll probably end up supporting them adding this to four or so games I've funded and still don't have :)
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on May 27, 2014, 10:33:57 PM
that dumb ass Weber waited to long. 

that looks fraking great!

the fact that he made the statement that their focus is on the solo campaign and not as much multiplayer has me quite happy.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on May 27, 2014, 10:45:01 PM
give me HW's camera and a 3d formation editor and I will be quite a happy Starfury!  O0
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2014, 11:16:46 PM
bump due to potential.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2014, 11:30:44 PM
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2014, 11:38:27 PM
I'm sold.

I'm more sold then Mirth standing on 5th and Martin Luther.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2014, 11:45:02 PM
holy shit 14:51 is amazing!
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2014, 11:47:41 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Ftcpm.mrlazyinc.com%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2Flawls%2Fmeme_faces%2Fso_boner_i_died.jpg&hash=2b8250bb9a97c877a1505a047ffb838f583b84f3)
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2014, 11:53:10 PM
or start at 19:00
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 10, 2014, 12:01:45 AM
I like seeing a ships own PDS take out it's own outbound missiles. it speaks of the fidelity of the game.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: Nefaro on June 10, 2014, 04:23:59 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 10, 2014, 12:01:45 AM
I like seeing a ships own PDS take out it's own outbound missiles. it speaks of the fidelity of the game.

Heh.

I recall being stunned by the Phalanx on the back of my Perry-class Frigate blowing up the Seahawk helos I tried to launch from the deck in Dangerous Waters.  Twice.

There was an "Away" report from the ASW helo followed by a "BRRRRRR.. BOOM!" sound both times.  WTF?!!  Evidently I was supposed to order the Phalanx put into Standby mode before launch or recovery or it's little robot brain would panic fire when it detected an air target right in front of it.  :uglystupid2:  Point defense system my ass!  More like Point Offender System.  ;D
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: RedArgo on June 10, 2014, 11:20:41 AM
Nothing new, but a preview over at Space Sector.

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/06/contact-vector-a-fight-with-what-you-have-space-rts/ (http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/06/contact-vector-a-fight-with-what-you-have-space-rts/)

Not looking too good for Kickstarter, hopefully they have another avenue to get to market.
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: RedArgo on June 18, 2014, 07:47:37 AM
Not surprisingly, the Kickstarter failed, but the dev says he will continue...


This is a quick update to thank everyone who supported our project and to let people know that Contact Vector is still continuing. Despite the Kickstarter not meeting goals this kickstarter has been a useful learning experience and we'll be taking the lessons we learnt here and applying them to our future plans.

We'll be creating a blog and mailing this for people who wish to follow the project's progress soon and we have plans for more demos and stuff for journalists and bloggers to write about.

I recently added some basic networking to our project and I've been playing my co-designer.. But you'll get to hear more about that when the blog's up...
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: Anguille on June 18, 2014, 07:53:45 AM
Too bad but i am going to buy that game anyway...
Title: Re: Contact Vector on Kickstarter
Post by: RedArgo on June 23, 2014, 07:17:24 AM
Link to the devs blog, nothing significant yet. other than they are still working on it.

http://contactvector.com/wp/ (http://contactvector.com/wp/)