GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

Title: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM
http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/461-bohemia-interactive-presents-2014-2015-roadmap-for-arma-3

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: MengJiao on May 29, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM
http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/projects/461-bohemia-interactive-presents-2014-2015-roadmap-for-arma-3

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

  Sounds great!  But then I'm a BI fanboi; I've gotten everything they have ever done in the ARMA line, plus the robot carrier game and Take on Mars.  On my current game machine I just have ARMAIII vanilla and Take on Mars.  I guess the DLC, the weapons work and the Expansion interest me at this point.
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 01:21:16 PM
Do I take it you've dabbled in arma-karts then?

Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 01:22:35 PM
I'm enjoying it more now I've got the enemy ai tweaked

Back to the editor now!
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: MengJiao on May 29, 2014, 01:50:57 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 01:21:16 PM
Do I take it you've dabbled in arma-karts then?

OMG! I missed that.  Ya see!  Ya see how great BI is?  Even the things you miss are really great!

But I did walk around my Mars base just the other day.

And if I were a serious modder I would enter that Red Cross BI contest.  Yep.
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: Toonces on May 29, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 29, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
But then I'm a BI fanboi

Who isn't?

???

:o

:coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: undercovergeek on May 30, 2014, 02:56:44 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Looking at the aar it's a bit of both...... in present day it's taxi service and helping out at emergencies but then the guy has flashbacks to his military career and you fly those too
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: RyanE on May 30, 2014, 06:51:03 AM
I am still on the fence with III.  I have so much time and energy invested in building II with various mods that I am not sure I am ready to dive in yet.  One thing that intrigues me is the All in ARMA mod.  Does that really work.  Are all the mods I am using in II really available in III. 

I am sure there are if's, and's, or but's.  Is it really as simple as it downloading that and just reconfiguring everything?  Does Play with Six work for ARMA III.  Sorry for the detailed questions, but I am still not sure III is worth the effort yet from a mod standpoint.
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: MengJiao on May 30, 2014, 08:33:14 AM
Quote from: Toonces on May 29, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 29, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
But then I'm a BI fanboi

Who isn't?

???

:o

:coolsmiley:

Good point.  So I have an easy time admitting to the fanboi aspect of my interest in ARMAIII.
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: MengJiao on May 30, 2014, 08:35:57 AM
Quote from: RyanE on May 30, 2014, 06:51:03 AM
I am still on the fence with III.  I have so much time and energy invested in building II with various mods that I am not sure I am ready to dive in yet.  One thing that intrigues me is the All in ARMA mod.  Does that really work.  Are all the mods I am using in II really available in III. 

I am sure there are if's, and's, or but's.  Is it really as simple as it downloading that and just reconfiguring everything?  Does Play with Six work for ARMA III.  Sorry for the detailed questions, but I am still not sure III is worth the effort yet from a mod standpoint.

I have no detailed answers, but I play a little ARMAIII every now and then and...I really miss the ARMAII mods.  The ARMAIII system with ARMAII mods would be fantastic.
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 30, 2014, 02:56:44 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Looking at the aar it's a bit of both...... in present day it's taxi service and helping out at emergencies but then the guy has flashbacks to his military career and you fly those too

Meh. 

I don't like Taxi Driver sims.  :buck2:
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: panzerde on May 30, 2014, 06:38:08 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 01:44:26 PM
Meh. 

I don't like Taxi Driver sims.  :buck2:

Mr. De Niro would like a word with you...

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Flh4.ggpht.com%2F_ARPUwywi79E%2FTQot8T2gKoI%2FAAAAAAAAICI%2FmDTNiJRclTQ%2FTaxi%2520Driver%255B14%255D.jpg&hash=fcc94def6edb3046bde0b9e4d995f3972e246029)
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 09:50:45 PM
Well.. a Crazed Vigilante Taxi Driver Sim might be interesting.  ^-^
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: jomni on May 31, 2014, 01:25:35 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Take on Helicopters Hind expansion gives you some combat.
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: MikeGER on May 31, 2014, 02:16:19 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 30, 2014, 01:44:26 PM

Meh. 

I don't like Taxi Driver sims.  :buck2:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sherv.net%2Fcm%2Femo%2Fword%2Fyou-talking-to-me-smiley-emoticon.gif&hash=7efbab3020f28882ac48137f8afb7db08610f5e1)

All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me.  
...so we just invented a GTA 6 NYC the 70ies Travis Bickle edition  F#ck Yeah!
Title: Re: Bohemia roadmap for Arma III and future plans
Post by: Nefaro on May 31, 2014, 02:47:18 AM
Quote from: jomni on May 31, 2014, 01:25:35 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 29, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 29, 2014, 10:31:22 AM

on a side note there is an AAR over at Sim HQ of the campaign for Take on Helicopters - its not my thing but its a great read and looks good for all the heli pilots in you out there

What's this?   ???

It's not a combat helo sim though, is it?

Take on Helicopters Hind expansion gives you some combat.

Some?!  :-\