GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 12:39:44 PM

Title: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 12:39:44 PM
Love Skyrim? Me too. Feel the cities in it were not so good or even city-like? Too small? Me too. Our concerns may be addressed by Northern Shadow, which will be released in alpha this summer:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264849384

Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: TheCommandTent on May 30, 2014, 03:29:41 PM
Ok, so this looks like it could be awesome!  I love the concept and hope it turns out as good as it sounds.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 03:53:52 PM
Fingers crossed eh?
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Tpek on May 30, 2014, 04:49:24 PM
Upvoted!
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 05:12:07 PM
Word up[voted].
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: W8taminute on May 30, 2014, 05:29:19 PM
I just now upvoted this as well.  This game looks brilliant.  I love the concept.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 08:40:10 PM
I am hoping they release more detailed info soon.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Toonces on May 31, 2014, 01:14:13 AM
I may buy into this.  Looks aaaaaawesome!   :D
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Gusington on May 31, 2014, 10:51:31 AM
The idea alone is another one that made me think 'I can't believe this hasn't been done before.'
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: MetalDog on May 31, 2014, 11:18:53 AM
I watched the video.  I like the idea of a city builder AND RPG together.  I just didn't see anything that seemed super exciting.  Plus, it seems to be single player.  It would make more sense to be a cooperative/antagonistic MP.  Make everyones cities in competition.  Of course, it's neither my game or my design and I can see it scratching an itch for many different people.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: W8taminute on May 31, 2014, 01:17:28 PM
I hear what you're saying MD.  How cool would it be if we could have a groghead town that we could all band together to build whilst RPG'ing our characters in a Skyrim like setting.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: TheCommandTent on May 31, 2014, 02:47:08 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on May 31, 2014, 01:17:28 PM
I hear what you're saying MD.  How cool would it be if we could have a groghead town that we could all band together to build whilst RPG'ing our characters in a Skyrim like setting.

Haha that would be awesome ... as long as I never had to go into Star or Gus' basements.....   ::)
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Gusington on May 31, 2014, 03:10:29 PM
My basement is better than most peoples' attic.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Sparhawk on May 31, 2014, 03:47:53 PM
Very exciting. I enjoy creating and building. Combined with a rpg in this setting the immersion would be irresistible.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: undercovergeek on June 13, 2014, 05:42:44 AM
tis greenlit for all them early access fans
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 13, 2014, 05:59:40 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 13, 2014, 05:42:44 AM
tis greenlit for all them early access fans

Already available for early access?
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Staggerwing on June 13, 2014, 06:20:03 AM
Nyet.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: undercovergeek on June 13, 2014, 06:24:04 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 13, 2014, 05:59:40 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 13, 2014, 05:42:44 AM
tis greenlit for all them early access fans

Already available for early access?

not yet, but by being greenlit it means they can release on steam and its usually a pathway to early access - like the new gettysburg game

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264849384
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: Rayfer on June 13, 2014, 07:10:28 AM
Well...the trailer is certainly intriguing and makes this look quite appealing.  Let's just hope this doesn't go the way of past games that tried to weld together two different genres (in this instance city building with a skyrim-like rpg experience) only to end up doing neither really good or doing one aspect good but the other not so good. For example, Forge of Freedom. The strategic aspect was well done but the tactical battles piece was not so good.
Title: Re: Northern Shadow: An RPG + City Builder
Post by: JasonPratt on June 13, 2014, 03:04:34 PM
Will be watching this, too.