GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: vyshka on May 30, 2014, 04:29:03 PM

Title: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: vyshka on May 30, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287450/

:smitten:
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Anguille on May 30, 2014, 04:51:05 PM
Nice...i hope they also release the sequel
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2014, 05:11:35 PM
I loved that game 10 years ago. I couldn't go home again with the Age of Kings HD release, though. I wonder if I could recapture the magic with RoN.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: undercovergeek on May 30, 2014, 07:51:13 PM
Really?

I'm surprised the star police haven't been in here yet for that comment
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: bbmike on May 31, 2014, 07:39:32 AM
Never played it due to it being RTS, but it always looked interesting. How does it rate on the 'click fest' scale?
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Gusington on May 31, 2014, 10:50:19 AM
It can get clicky but much less so than other standard RTS games, and it has some strategic features like borders and city building that make it deeper.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: sandman2575 on May 31, 2014, 12:16:34 PM
One of my all-time faves, without question.  But I can't imagine getting enjoyment out of it now.  Will pass on this the same way I did on Age of Empires HD.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: bbmike on May 31, 2014, 04:34:49 PM
Hmm, I may have to try this...
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 31, 2014, 09:14:17 PM
You just want to have an extended edition.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: jomni on May 31, 2014, 10:32:24 PM
The Cold War campaign was so enjoyable.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: agathosdaimon on June 01, 2014, 05:11:35 AM
wow, played the hell out of that game when it came out years, ago - played coop against the ai going through every difficulty setting gradually, it was great fun but it came down to just being how fast you could do this ultimately - the weakness that RTS's games like this can fall prey to, where that overtakes strategy.
it perhaps was too much of a race to advance ones age more than anything, and then when it got to teh modern era it was just  swarms of tanks and nukes - it is perhaps better to play it with just setting to play over a couple of ages up to the 19th century - there is more strategy possible if you just stay on an age for longer.
the game was good for all the settings it offered
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Gusington on June 01, 2014, 03:47:06 PM
^ I agree, I played it that way, similar to how I play Civ because modern era rarely interests me.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: vyshka on June 12, 2014, 02:45:38 PM
Released today
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: JasonPratt on June 13, 2014, 03:01:03 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 30, 2014, 04:51:05 PM
Nice...i hope they also release the sequel

The sequel (or rather the expansion) is included. Unless you mean Rise of Legends, which is a whole different game.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 03:13:46 PM
^Now Rise of Legends is a fantastic game...probably one of my top ten!
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Anguille on June 13, 2014, 03:56:17 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 13, 2014, 03:01:03 PM
Quote from: Anguille on May 30, 2014, 04:51:05 PM
Nice...i hope they also release the sequel

The sequel (or rather the expansion) is included. Unless you mean Rise of Legends, which is a whole different game.
I meant Rise of Legends...which is even more interesting than Rise of Nations imho.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: tgb on June 13, 2014, 04:07:51 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 03:13:46 PM
^Now Rise of Legends is a fantastic game...probably one of my top ten!

And the Conquer the World game is icing on the cake.
Title: Re: Rise of Nations Extended Edition, coming to Steam
Post by: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 04:13:22 PM
Yes! I actually have a hard copy of it. Played it through only once but I will play through again. The units in Rise of Legends were very original, I loved almost all of them.