GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: TacticalWargames on May 31, 2014, 05:48:06 PM

Title: HOI 3 question
Post by: TacticalWargames on May 31, 2014, 05:48:06 PM
I own and love CK2 and though it's taken abit longer I'm starting to really enjoy EU IV. Now I usually stay away from Grand Strat games but as I'm starting to enjoy EUIV I'm now looking in HOI 3 direction.

SO should I go for it?

Title: Re: HOI 3 question
Post by: undercovergeek on May 31, 2014, 06:15:59 PM
youll never feel the love for your character or nation like you do in CKII/EUIV and the games cant be compared on that basis but as far as grand strat ww2 ops go i love it (second highest hours on steam) - go to the AAR section and read Jasons Ethiopia one and without blowing my own trumpet, read my Italy one - i thoroughly enjoyed it
Title: Re: HOI 3 question
Post by: bobarossa on June 01, 2014, 09:19:50 AM
I've spent an enormous amount of time playing HOI3 and have gone back to it since the Total Realism Project mod came out. 
Title: Re: HOI 3 question
Post by: smittyohio on June 01, 2014, 09:28:35 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on June 01, 2014, 09:19:50 AM
I've spent an enormous amount of time playing HOI3 and have gone back to it since the Total Realism Project mod came out.

What's your opinion on how much TRP has improved the war in the Pacific?
Title: Re: HOI 3 question
Post by: bobarossa on June 01, 2014, 10:25:20 AM
Quote from: smittyohio on June 01, 2014, 09:28:35 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on June 01, 2014, 09:19:50 AM
I've spent an enormous amount of time playing HOI3 and have gone back to it since the Total Realism Project mod came out.

What's your opinion on how much TRP has improved the war in the Pacific?
I've been playing the British and concentrating on Europe.  So no idea what has happened with US/Japanese.  I do know the Japs are making single division invasions of Malaysia which allows me to defeat them.  No Japanese divisions have shown up in Siamese territory.  What I have seen is massive invasions of Europe by British (in previous game) and US in my current game. 

edit: The japanese did conquer Phillipines and Indonesia fairly rapidly.  They also took Midway, Wake and briefly Oahu.  Haven't done much in Solomons/Rabual area though.
Title: Re: HOI 3 question
Post by: Nefaro on June 01, 2014, 11:09:19 AM
I was debating loading up HOI3 again the other day.  Seems like a big time investment though, as I tend to leave the game running at one speed while tinkering around, looking at little things.  Same with Vicky 2.. and I've not even played that one again since getting the expansion packs!  :o