...some new screenshots up at Matrixgames.
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1440/To.End.All.Wars.New.Screenshots
Hmmm..I'm liking what I see so far.
I was well impressed with it when was in Italy. Lot of events, special rules, decisions etc. On my to get list!!! :)
I missed this thread (and glad I found it before I posted)
The game looks great - but I couldn't find it on the Coming Soon section or on Slitherine site. No forum I guess means quite a ways off
According to their forums, seems like best info on release date is "this year"
http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?358-To-End-All-Wars
Oooh, another game to buy and squirrel away! :smitten:
Consider my appetite very whetted. This maybe the AGEOD game for me. Even if I can't win, at least it will look good beating me.
Figured this was just another WWI wargame, but it is obviously much more than just that. The world-spanning stuff is very intriguing.
These Matrix games are starting to look really soft on the eyes
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 11, 2014, 02:21:14 AM
According to their forums, seems like best info on release date is "this year"
http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?358-To-End-All-Wars
My notes from Italy say that it is Q3/4 2014. It was presented by both developers, Philippe's - Thibaut, and Malacher, so you really won't get a better estimate - anywhere! ;) I can say it looks really great, with tons of events, decisions etc.
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 11, 2014, 02:33:02 PM
Figured this was just another WWI wargame, but it is obviously much more than just that. The world-spanning stuff is very intriguing.
Have a quick look at my Home of Wargamers Report where I make mention of it. It is truly global. You have the trade off of sending troops to fight Lettow-Vorbeck in Africa, the US fighting Mexico - Zimmermann telegram etc, the Japanese at Tsingtao... One of the features I like is the alt campaign scenario where you can play around with the different war plans starting in July 1914. If France invades Germany via Belgium you might even bring the UK into war against the French, and Russians! What is good is that for every decision there is a pro and a con, so you have to weigh up what is best for you in the current situation. I'm really looking forward to it. :)
JD it has a forum at the AGEOD website.
Looks like this is more like PRON lite. That's not a bad thing actually.
Quote from: bbmike on June 11, 2014, 05:27:16 AM
Oooh, another game to buy and squirrel away! :smitten:
Ditto!
PRON light would still be heavy. But if I can play the Japanese at Tsingtao...awesome.
Wonder if the full map will be as incredibly beautiful as the ACW2 map is?
Quote from: Rayfer on June 13, 2014, 01:43:47 PM
Wonder if the full map will be as incredibly beautiful as the ACW2 map is?
It is a very attractive map. 8)
Quote from: jomni on June 12, 2014, 07:57:50 PM
Looks like this is more like PRON lite. That's not a bad thing actually.
Hoping! :)
Matrixgames has announced a release date: Aug 25 and a beta test call (http://www.ageod.co.uk/beta/)
Quote
War is coming on August 25th.
After the original announcement of the game at Home of Wargamers, we are now pleased to be able to share with you that the war To End All Wars will be upon us on the 25th of August. This highly detailed World War One strategy game will allow you to shape the events of the Great War, leading your alliance to victory through politics, diplomacy, technological innovation, economic mobilization and of course warfare, making use of the excellent Ageod combat model we have come to know and love. The AGE engine has also been specifically altered to recreate this bloody conflict, making it the most detailed World War 1 simulation to date.
Will you try and hold of the invasion of the Central Powers, or will you make a final push into the defensive lines of the Entente, trying to reach Paris in the final Kaiserschlacht? The choice is yours in Ageod's to End All Wars!
As war is coming closer, it is time to make some serious preparations. That is why, starting today we are giving you the honor and privilege to sign up for our Beta squad, an elite group of highly trained professionals. These troops will prepare the frontline before the war breaks out and are tasked with clearing any obstruction that might stand in the way of total victory! You must sign up with all haste, for people are already lining up at the recruiting stations, eager to perform their duty.
Note: When signing up for the beta, in the 'About Yourself' field, please write your AGEOD forums nickname, as it is needed to give you access to the Ageod beta forums.
Good news indeed. Thanks Steve. O0
Registering in this thread as an interested party. Having played "La Grande Guerre" and liking that title I'm waiting with anticipation for this one.