GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on June 04, 2014, 12:06:33 PM

Title: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: PanzersEast on June 04, 2014, 12:06:33 PM
Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs

Go and get it...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380/

PE
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Shelldrake on June 04, 2014, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on June 04, 2014, 12:06:33 PM
Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs

Go and get it...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380/

PE

Nice! Thanks for the heads up PE!
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Rayfer on June 04, 2014, 01:16:48 PM
Just grabbed it for free.  Thanks...!!
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: weateallthepies on June 04, 2014, 01:29:11 PM
Cheers, almost bought this a few times.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 04, 2014, 03:42:30 PM
Great deal....for me it was worth the full price when I bought it....looking forward to sniper 3 at end of June.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 04, 2014, 03:46:45 PM
Me as well.  Just pulled the trigger on pre-order.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: bbmike on June 04, 2014, 04:03:05 PM
Thanks for the notice! Any good mods for this?
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2014, 04:23:10 PM
Thanks. I'll give this one a look as the series intrigued me.

I have to say though, the bullet cam of the new one disturbs me a bit. I'm not entirely sure I could keep watching bone cracking and muscles tearing tbh.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 04, 2014, 05:18:41 PM
You can reduce the frequency to minimize how often bullet cam shows up.......

I personally love it though:)
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 04, 2014, 05:25:14 PM
I think the concept is great - but it's implementation made me feel a bit queezy
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: mirth on June 04, 2014, 06:41:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this, PE.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Pinetree on June 04, 2014, 09:01:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I've played the demo level a few times and found it fun so getting it for free is great. O0
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 05, 2014, 07:24:10 AM
Just got my steam key for pre-ordering version 3.....seems a bit early to receive them, but kind of cool I already have in hand.  The key won't activate yet, but at least I don't have to worry about getting them on time.  Maybe they plan some kind of pre-load in the near future.....
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 05, 2014, 07:32:16 AM
I played a bit of this this morning, and I have to say I was coloured pleased with it.

3 is a possibility  :(
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 05, 2014, 07:41:04 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 05, 2014, 07:32:16 AM
I played a bit of this this morning, and I have to say I was coloured pleased with it.

3 is a possibility  :(
Key changes for version 3.0...my biggest ones are the environments being 3x bigger and open ended, and possibly a little more stealthy.....I know you might not like the more realistic kill cam:)


KEY FEATURES

Expansive new environments – Stalk multi-route environments up to THREE times larger than levels seen in Sniper Elite V2. Never play a level the same way twice.

Adapt to any situation – Use stealth, distraction, sound masking and traps. Your approach. Your way. If things go hot, use the new 'Relocate' mechanic to slip into the shadows and find a new weakness in enemy lines.

New vehicle kill cam - Multi-stage destruction allows you to take out armoured cars, trucks and tanks piece-by-piece before delivering the final shot. See vehicles disintegrate in intricate detail.

Revamped human X-ray kill cam – The acclaimed X-ray kill-cam is back and bolder than ever, including a detailed muscle layer, 3D mesh particles and a complete human circulatory system.

Tense adversarial multiplayer - Five extreme modes of competitive action, earn Medals and Ribbons as you play, gain XP across all game modes and become a true Sniper Elite!

Explosive co-op play – Play the entire campaign in two player co-op or test your team work in two exclusive modes, Overwatch and Survival.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: JudgeDredd on June 05, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
I wonder if you can turn off the kill cam?
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 05, 2014, 07:47:16 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 05, 2014, 07:45:20 AM
I wonder if you can turn off the kill cam?

Not sure....in current version you can just set to a lowest setting through options, not sure if some hack exists to completely take it out.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: MuzzyDev on June 05, 2014, 07:52:28 AM
I love the kill cam.  Don't know what that says about me, exactly.  :)

Chris--
Title: Re: Sniper Elite v2 Free @ Steam for 24hrs
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 05, 2014, 06:19:30 PM
I knew this would happen...you can get Sniper 3 for about $33 at Gamefly using code Jun15OFF.....oh well, I am sure I will get my full price use out of it anyway:)