GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tpek on June 05, 2014, 01:25:09 PM

Title: Witcher 3
Post by: Tpek on June 05, 2014, 01:25:09 PM
Is now available for pre-order via GOG:
http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

Seems like the estimated release date is February 2015.
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Nefaro on June 05, 2014, 01:51:08 PM
I've still not even started up Witcher 2 yet.  :))
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Grim.Reaper on June 05, 2014, 02:01:58 PM
Now that seems kind of crazy an 8-month advance pre-order.....are they doing some kind of early access?  If not, I would see no rush into buying in, there are bound to be a bunch of pre order specials before then.

I haven't even finished Witcher 1 or 2 anyways:)
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: tgb on June 05, 2014, 02:32:31 PM
I hated the combat in 2, so as much as I want to support GOG, until I know if it's changed any in 3 I'll be holding off.  Also, they aren't saying anything about system requirements yet.  I don't know how they can expect many pre-orders until they do.

On the other hand, that board game coming out this Summer sounds intriguing.
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Gusington on June 05, 2014, 05:52:12 PM
I finished the first one, but I also hated the combat in 2. I am hoping 3 is as open-world as it is being touted.
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Rayfer on June 05, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2014, 05:52:12 PM
I finished the first one, but I also hated the combat in 2. I am hoping 3 is as open-world as it is being touted.

My experience exactly. Finished #1, couldn't get into #2.
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Gusington on June 05, 2014, 06:30:39 PM
2 looked really good too, and I really wanted to get into it...tried a few different times, and failed each time because of the combat.
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Nefaro on June 06, 2014, 02:22:13 AM
I took issue with the camera & control scheme in #1.  Haven't dedicated the time to even trying #2 since I heard it was pretty much the same situation.

I'll eventually get to it but expect to be frustrated in the same way.  I bought it on a cheap-as-dirt sale at GOG, just because the RPG mechanics of the first looked enticing so I still hold hope that the other bad parts will improve in the sequels.
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: FlickJax on June 06, 2014, 06:39:23 AM
bought first 2 but havent installed, like many others :(
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Tpek on June 07, 2014, 11:42:44 AM
Now available via Steam as well:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030?snr=1_4_4__118
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: SgtRock on June 07, 2014, 11:24:12 PM
I enjoyed the first Witcher but, could never get the hang of the combat in Witcher 2, it just didn't feel right, I could never get comfortable with it. :-\
Title: Re: Witcher 3
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 07, 2014, 11:32:54 PM
I forced myself to finish it.  The story was unsatisfying because it felt like it was building up to something really big with a bunch of different threads coming together but near the end, it had you make a choice without really letting on that that choice would let you follow only one of the several possible threads and all the others would just disappear.  Very abrupt ending which left me feeling short changed.  I don't know if they intended for you to go through and do multiple play-throughs but once was enough for me.