GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Micha on June 07, 2014, 07:12:59 PM

Title: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Micha on June 07, 2014, 07:12:59 PM
Hi, if anyone remembers the oldie Peoples General here you can download many variants for free.
A 10 scenarios 3o years war variant will be released soon. Have Fun.

www.peoplesgeneral.de
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: SgtRock on June 07, 2014, 11:16:22 PM
I don't remember an SSI Peoples General?
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Greybriar on June 08, 2014, 05:33:48 AM
I remember SSI's People's General (http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/peoples-general).

Thanks for the link, Micha.  O0
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Staggerwing on June 08, 2014, 05:58:47 AM
Some interesting mods there inc. Falklands and American Revolutionary War
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Micha on June 08, 2014, 06:21:38 AM
By  the way , there are much more scenarios planned. If anyone is interested to help for the scenariomaking its always wellcome. :)
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: mirth on June 08, 2014, 07:42:35 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 08, 2014, 05:58:47 AM
Some interesting mods there inc. Falklands and American Revolutionary War

The IDF mod caught my eye as well. Cool stuff!
Title: .
Post by: eyebiter on June 08, 2014, 07:47:59 AM
.
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Airborne Rifles on June 08, 2014, 07:57:08 AM
I spent a lot of time playing that game. Lots of fun. Thanks for posting!
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Staggerwing on June 08, 2014, 09:02:11 AM
The only sad thing is that I have no idea where my copy of People's General went.  :( It's selling for upwards of $40 on Amazon right now. At least $15-$20 on ebay for just a disk.
Title: .
Post by: eyebiter on June 08, 2014, 12:40:33 PM
.
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on June 08, 2014, 05:37:03 PM
Quote from: Micha on June 07, 2014, 07:12:59 PM
Hi, if anyone remembers the oldie Peoples General here you can download many variants for free.
A 10 scenarios 3o years war variant will be released soon. Have Fun.

www.peoplesgeneral.de

That is an impressive list of mods/timeframes. Vietnam and Cold War!

I wish we could've seen the same thing with Panzer Corps
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Micha on June 08, 2014, 08:40:58 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 08, 2014, 09:02:11 AM
The only sad thing is that I have no idea where my copy of People's General went.  :( It's selling for upwards of $40 on Amazon right now. At least $15-$20 on ebay for just a disk.

you dont need a peg copy, every mod works as standalone game.
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: jomni on June 08, 2014, 08:43:43 PM
Last time I loaded Peoples General, I had graphical anomalies.
Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: panzerde on June 08, 2014, 09:36:36 PM
Quote from: jomni on June 08, 2014, 08:43:43 PM
Last time I loaded Peoples General, I had graphical anomalies.

I try and get people in to spray for those every few months.

Title: Re: Peoples General Variants
Post by: Micha on June 09, 2014, 04:30:06 AM
Quote from: jomni on June 08, 2014, 08:43:43 PM
Last time I loaded Peoples General, I had graphical anomalies.

Here is a patch for peg what should help

http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/other.html

You can also try this one

http://www.peoplesgeneral.de/Downloads/HerbysPegwrapper12.1.13.zip

Micha