GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: solops on June 09, 2014, 10:55:13 PM

Title: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: solops on June 09, 2014, 10:55:13 PM
Should I build a bunker?
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 09, 2014, 11:12:02 PM
no

you call it a wine vault.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2014, 05:34:46 AM
According to my cat, yes.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: bbmike on June 10, 2014, 05:49:33 AM
Is that the same cat that was reading military strategy earlier?
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2014, 06:52:35 AM
Quote from: bbmike on June 10, 2014, 05:49:33 AM
Is that the same cat that was reading military strategy earlier?

Of course.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 10, 2014, 08:54:20 AM
I thought the cat WAS Jarhead. It's not an impossibility. My cat helps me with my posts, correcting spelling and gives me her opinion of my thoughts and then she goes to sleep. That should explain a lot.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: bbmike on June 10, 2014, 11:28:49 AM
My guess is that the Quint avatar is a more realistic representation of the actual Jarhead.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 10, 2014, 12:27:49 PM
Good point.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 10, 2014, 12:50:18 PM
actually its not.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 10, 2014, 01:27:41 PM
It's funny, I keep thinking if I ever meet any of you in person, I'm going to be disappointed you don't look like your avatars.

Jarhead, not looking like a psychopath wielding sharp blades at the beach or on a boat somewhere.

Star, without a murderous/borderline pedo grin and a red mohawk to boot.

Sir Slash, not looking like a pug, or not wearing a pug t-shirt at least.

Ubercat, without his ears pinned back and a perpetual "WTF is that" look on his face.

Mirth, for not looking like Bill Murray in the slightest.

Bawb, for not wearing a full suit of armor.

Gus, not looking like he's just stuck his unmentionables in a light socket, causing his red hair to stick straight up on end and having a facial expression that somehow measures both unmitigated pleasure and complete shock that he's a dead man now.

...and so on.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2014, 01:39:41 PM
^FWIW, I highly doubt you look like a cat who is a Japanese kamikazee pilot.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 10, 2014, 01:41:12 PM
The truth is indeed much stranger than fiction.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Staggerwing on June 10, 2014, 07:20:44 PM
In truth my resemblance to a Pterosaur or DH4 is passing at best. Sadly I am starting to take on many of the attributes of the zeppelin.

Time to switch to light beer.


(Noooooo!!!  :o)
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: mirth on June 10, 2014, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2014, 01:27:41 PM
It's funny, I keep thinking if I ever meet any of you in person, I'm going to be disappointed you don't look like your avatars.

Jarhead, not looking like a psychopath wielding sharp blades at the beach or on a boat somewhere.

Star, without a murderous/borderline pedo grin and a red mohawk to boot.

Sir Slash, not looking like a pug, or not wearing a pug t-shirt at least.

Ubercat, without his ears pinned back and a perpetual "WTF is that" look on his face.

Mirth, for not looking like Bill Murray in the slightest.

Bawb, for not wearing a full suit of armor.

Gus, not looking like he's just stuck his unmentionables in a light socket, causing his red hair to stick straight up on end and having a facial expression that somehow measures both unmitigated pleasure and complete shock that he's a dead man now.

...and so on.


Star is the only one who does in fact look like his avatar.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2014, 07:51:44 PM
Quote from: mirth on June 10, 2014, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2014, 01:27:41 PM
It's funny, I keep thinking if I ever meet any of you in person, I'm going to be disappointed you don't look like your avatars.

Jarhead, not looking like a psychopath wielding sharp blades at the beach or on a boat somewhere.

Star, without a murderous/borderline pedo grin and a red mohawk to boot.

Sir Slash, not looking like a pug, or not wearing a pug t-shirt at least.

Ubercat, without his ears pinned back and a perpetual "WTF is that" look on his face.

Mirth, for not looking like Bill Murray in the slightest.

Bawb, for not wearing a full suit of armor.

Gus, not looking like he's just stuck his unmentionables in a light socket, causing his red hair to stick straight up on end and having a facial expression that somehow measures both unmitigated pleasure and complete shock that he's a dead man now.

...and so on.


Star is the only one who does in fact look like his avatar.

He's also the only one who actually acts like his avatar.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 10, 2014, 08:24:05 PM
 >:D
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 10, 2014, 09:04:57 PM
Reading these forums makes me look like my avatar at least 3 times daily.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: mirth on June 10, 2014, 09:07:18 PM
meep
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 10, 2014, 09:25:53 PM
Yep.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 10, 2014, 09:39:44 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.elcomercio.es%2Fremartini%2Ffiles%2F2011%2F05%2Ftumblr_kxae1arlye1qai1hio1_400.jpg&hash=ba7cf6a081028e4712b03402f38c6a7cba69a55b)
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 10, 2014, 10:24:06 PM
That's no pug. That's me with my shirt off. ::)
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: mirth on June 10, 2014, 10:26:23 PM
and we have a winner
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 10, 2014, 10:26:37 PM
my ankles aren't afraid of you.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: mirth on June 10, 2014, 10:28:05 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 10, 2014, 10:26:37 PM
my ankles aren't afraid of you.

they're terrified of Gus though
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 11, 2014, 07:27:42 AM
As they should be.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 11, 2014, 07:43:09 AM
I heard he prefers cankles, though, because they're much more chewy and stretchy.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 11, 2014, 10:39:38 AM
I hike my leg on you all. But I wouldn't hump a one of yours, no matter how much you rub my belly. ^-^
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 11, 2014, 10:49:13 AM
Pugs are NASTY farters. We had some friends in Dallas that owned three of the devilish things. Jeezus they could clear a room.

Also great camouflage for busting out an SBD and blaming it on the dog.  >:D
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 11, 2014, 12:14:50 PM
I raised them for over 20 years. The females are very sweet but the males cannot stay out of trouble and will piss on everything within a 2 block radius. But they would sell like bibs at a Bar-B-Que.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 11, 2014, 01:12:19 PM
My dog, as he ages, has been clearing out our tv room for years with his emissions.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: skeptical.platypus on June 11, 2014, 01:20:01 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 10, 2014, 01:27:41 PM
It's funny, I keep thinking if I ever meet any of you in person, I'm going to be disappointed you don't look like your avatars.

Jarhead, not looking like a psychopath wielding sharp blades at the beach or on a boat somewhere.

Star, without a murderous/borderline pedo grin and a red mohawk to boot.

Sir Slash, not looking like a pug, or not wearing a pug t-shirt at least.

Ubercat, without his ears pinned back and a perpetual "WTF is that" look on his face.

Mirth, for not looking like Bill Murray in the slightest.

Bawb, for not wearing a full suit of armor.

Gus, not looking like he's just stuck his unmentionables in a light socket, causing his red hair to stick straight up on end and having a facial expression that somehow measures both unmitigated pleasure and complete shock that he's a dead man now.

...and so on.

Does this mean the special can of tunafish I keep around in case we meet isn't a good idea? What about the laser pointer that flashes the Rising Sun?  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: sandman2575 on June 11, 2014, 01:20:48 PM
...this is one of the odder threads to appear on these forums in some time.

that is all.  carry on.  8)
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: skeptical.platypus on June 11, 2014, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on June 11, 2014, 01:20:48 PM
...this is one of the odder threads to appear on these forums in some time.

that is all.  carry on.  8)

I like your shades.  :))
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 11, 2014, 06:44:13 PM
Clearly Sandman has not been paying close attention. Good man!
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: sandman2575 on June 11, 2014, 07:32:52 PM

Perhaps that's true.  Now that I think about it, there have been plenty of odd threads on this forum. 

:idiot2:
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: skeptical.platypus on June 11, 2014, 07:58:28 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on June 11, 2014, 07:32:52 PM

Perhaps that's true.  Now that I think about it, there have been plenty of odd threads on this forum. 

:idiot2:

Odd is in the eye of the beholder. That it didn't catch your eye merely means you are home.  O0
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 11, 2014, 10:12:40 PM
Odder than Pug Farts? I'm going to have to try harder.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 11, 2014, 10:53:24 PM
pug farts have nothing on MMORPG midget porn.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 11, 2014, 10:54:14 PM
especially at 5:25 - 6:13 when you see Gus.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 12, 2014, 07:10:27 AM
That's 5:25 to 26:13...a good fluffer makes all the difference.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: mirth on June 12, 2014, 07:30:02 AM
^Thanks. I try to do a good job.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 12, 2014, 09:40:10 AM
Fluffing and Midget Porn. I think we're almost there.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: BanzaiCat on June 12, 2014, 10:18:45 AM
That's about the size of it.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 12, 2014, 01:22:08 PM
No it's not...this is.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: bob48 on June 12, 2014, 01:26:27 PM
For all that's holy - put it away, Gus, or you'll start the dogs farting again.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: JasonPratt on June 12, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
Eventually, this thread will be about computer wargaming or computer gaming.

Eventually.


Until then -- I happen to look a lot like my avatar. ;) (Though not so much as when Ghosty used to redraw it.  :)) )
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 12, 2014, 10:36:56 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 12, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
Eventually, this thread will be about computer wargaming or computer gaming.

thats a nice fantasy.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: JasonPratt on June 13, 2014, 07:17:43 AM
Right, or fantasy gaming!  :)
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: mirth on June 13, 2014, 07:26:58 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 12, 2014, 10:36:56 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 12, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
Eventually, this thread will be about computer wargaming or computer gaming.

thats a nice fantasy.

If one of our off-topic threads runs long enough, it will eventually touch on every possible topic, thus making it on-topic.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: sandman2575 on June 13, 2014, 08:22:25 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 13, 2014, 07:26:58 AM
If one of our off-topic threads runs long enough, it will eventually touch on every possible topic, thus making it on-topic.

I was hoping someone would steer this conversation away from dog farts toward metaphysics.  Thanks, mirth!
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Sir Slash on June 13, 2014, 09:38:28 AM
Don't forget about the Cat Bunkers that got all this started. Would they be referred to as Pussy Pillboxes I wonder?
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: sandman2575 on June 13, 2014, 09:53:09 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 13, 2014, 09:38:28 AM
Would they be referred to as Pussy Pillboxes I wonder?

I think they must be referred to this way.  Somebody create a meme, quick!
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: JasonPratt on June 13, 2014, 10:08:03 AM
"Towards metaphysics" == RPF category. Topical check-off bingo!

("Bingo" == "Other Games Around The Table" category.)
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 12:16:43 PM
I thought that was you in the avatar, Pratt. I feel robbed.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: skeptical.platypus on June 13, 2014, 02:48:40 PM
IMAGINE HOW FABIO FAN CORRESPONDENTS FEEL! :tickedoff: :smitten: :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: JasonPratt on June 13, 2014, 03:06:11 PM
That's why it looks a lot like me. Except seven years ago.  >:D
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 03:11:55 PM
How is it different 7 years later?

I was a great Fabio. Probably better than the real thing.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: skeptical.platypus on June 13, 2014, 03:20:55 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 13, 2014, 03:06:11 PM
That's why it looks a lot like me. Except seven years ago.  >:D

Nm ->  Sometimes Rosebud isn't a sled.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 14, 2014, 02:41:12 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2014, 03:11:55 PM
I was a great Fabio. Probably better than the real thing.

I'm grabbing that gem.
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: Gusington on June 14, 2014, 08:20:13 PM
You're welcome!
Title: Re: Jarhead...I HAVE to know!
Post by: JasonPratt on June 15, 2014, 10:36:27 AM
I was going to say I have whiter hair, but I think Ghosty proved by a judicious use of closeups that I already had lots of white hair back then. (Technically I've had white hair since I was around 6. Just in a more Reed Richards sort of way. It spread under my regular hair in my 20s.)

...um, I don't have that shirt anymore? And about ten more pounds that I'm constantly working on not increasing farther (or reducing but no ongoing success with that yet.)