GrogHeads Forum

Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis => Modelling and Miniatures => Topic started by: Jack Nastyface on June 21, 2014, 06:51:24 PM

Title: Help me decide...
Post by: Jack Nastyface on June 21, 2014, 06:51:24 PM
So I am building some 1/32 scale WWII USMC figures for my nephews, who are 6 and 9 years old, and I notice - horror of horrors - that on one of the figures I accidently glued the ammo pouches on upside down.  Upon seeing, I pursue the only logical course of action I can think of, which is to meticulously cut the pouches off the figure, file down the one or two cut marks that occured as part of this process, then glue the pouches on in their proper position.
I therefore put the question to you, my fellow grogs:  Is this a disease, or just a curse?
Yours in modelling,
Jack Nastyface
Title: Re: Help me decide...
Post by: bbmike on June 21, 2014, 06:56:28 PM
I don't really do miniatures. But by God if I put the warp engines on an Enterprise model upside down I would certainly correct it. I mean, thse are MARINE figures you're talking about here! I was never in the Corps but for the love of Pete, fix them!  ;D
Title: Re: Help me decide...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 21, 2014, 10:18:43 PM
thats some serious ocd considering those kids are going to destroy them.

I feel where youre at but Ive learned this lesson.
Title: Re: Help me decide...
Post by: GJK on June 24, 2014, 07:50:54 PM
The head, arms and the M16's will be broken off but the ammo pouches will be on rightside up by GOD!   ;D
Title: Re: Help me decide...
Post by: GDS_Starfury on June 24, 2014, 10:28:40 PM
if I was making them for me I'd correct it.
I built some 4 legged dinosaur with my nephew last year, might have been a Windysaurous, and we put the back legs on the front because we thought it looked funny.  the same model was in the garbage in pieces less then 48 hours later.
Title: Re: Help me decide...
Post by: Smuckatelli on June 30, 2014, 07:57:16 AM
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on June 21, 2014, 06:51:24 PM
- that on one of the figures I accidently glued the ammo pouches on upside down.

There is always some Smuckatelli that puts his gear on incorrectly......I would have left them as is and tell the kids that it was Smuckatelli

or

Rudy with the rusty rifle in the third rank that didn't get the word...
Title: Re: Help me decide...
Post by: Staggerwing on June 30, 2014, 04:58:48 PM
Quote from: Smuckatelli on June 30, 2014, 07:57:16 AM

... Rudy with the rusty rifle in the third rank that didn't get the word...

Sounds like some guy who wasn't made hip as to which whore house to avoid while on shore leave.
Title: Re: Help me decide...
Post by: Smuckatelli on June 30, 2014, 05:21:01 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 30, 2014, 04:58:48 PM
Quote from: Smuckatelli on June 30, 2014, 07:57:16 AM

... Rudy with the rusty rifle in the third rank that didn't get the word...

Sounds like some guy who wasn't made hip as to which whore house to avoid while on shore leave.

No, no, no that isn't Rudy.....that is the third guy on the third sh-tter that didn't get the word.