GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: CosPetia on June 27, 2014, 06:24:17 AM

Title: Summer holiday - your favorite destination
Post by: CosPetia on June 27, 2014, 06:24:17 AM
Hi Guys,

Summer holiday is coming. Share your preferred destinations and vacation ideas. I`m thinking about Spain. What about you?
Title: Re: Summer holiday - your favorite destination
Post by: airboy on June 27, 2014, 09:17:15 AM
Home.  I hate traveling in the summer.  Big crowds and the prices are up.  I have a pool so no need to go to the water.

Much prefer traveling in the Fall.
Title: Re: Summer holiday - your favorite destination
Post by: bayonetbrant on June 27, 2014, 09:32:44 AM
Big fan of the mountains, but timing gets tricky around birthdays, soccer camps, holidays, and Origins
Title: Re: Summer holiday - your favorite destination
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 27, 2014, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: airboy on June 27, 2014, 09:17:15 AM
Home.  I hate traveling in the summer.  Big crowds and the prices are up.  I have a pool so no need to go to the water.

Much prefer traveling in the Fall.

+1. My backyard. Can't be beat.
Title: Re: Summer holiday - your favorite destination
Post by: Barthheart on June 27, 2014, 10:58:58 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 27, 2014, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: airboy on June 27, 2014, 09:17:15 AM
Home.  I hate traveling in the summer.  Big crowds and the prices are up.  I have a pool so no need to go to the water.

Much prefer traveling in the Fall.

+1. My backyard. Can't be beat.

+2
We have a pool, my wife's beautiful flower garden and a vegetable garden. My two weeks this summer will have my ass in a floaty chair with a frosty mug of beer in my hand.... unless my wife realizes I have to paint the front door, the garage floor etc... ;)

Vacation travel for Canucks is mostly in the winter to get out of the friggen snow.... :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Summer holiday - your favorite destination
Post by: Airborne Rifles on June 27, 2014, 03:23:56 PM
Every other summer my inlaws rent a house on Mackinac Island and we have a little family reunion. No cars allowed on the island. Everything is bikes, horses, or good old-fashioned walking. Lots of fudge shops, frigid dips in Lake Huron, and cool weather with family. Can't beat it.
Title: Re: Summer holiday - your favorite destination
Post by: Centurion40 on June 30, 2014, 09:09:45 AM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 27, 2014, 03:23:56 PM
Every other summer my inlaws rent a house on Mackinac Island and we have a little family reunion. No cars allowed on the island. Everything is bikes, horses, or good old-fashioned walking. Lots of fudge shops, frigid dips in Lake Huron, and cool weather with family. Can't beat it.

Great tradition!