GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on July 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

Title: kingdoms of Amalur
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 07, 2014, 11:37:02 AM
I started playing this game last night and so far I'm enjoying it. It feels like a combination of World of Warcraft and Two Worlds. Its a pretty fun hack and slasher dropped into a well-developed RPG framework. The story is a bit wonky so far, but I'm still really early on in the tale. We'll see how long it holds my interest.

Anyone else playing?
Title: Re: kingdoms of Amalur
Post by: Shelldrake on July 07, 2014, 12:03:52 PM
I picked up a copy at BestBuy for $5 last week but haven't loaded it yet. It will be on the play menu for one of my upcoming vacation days. I have high hopes for the story because of Salvatore's involvement so "wonky" is worrying. At least the art should be ok.
Title: Re: kingdoms of Amalur
Post by: Rayfer on July 07, 2014, 12:24:27 PM
Got it in the Steam summer sale.  Have 30 hours into it and I'm still liking it.  It's a big world and a long game.  I suspect I am only half way through the story.  I'm at about level 20.  The main quest line and the faction quest lines are the best but there are a seemingly countless number of other quests available as you move into new areas and cities.  It was well worth the $4.99 I paid.
Title: Re: kingdoms of Amalur
Post by: Tpek on July 07, 2014, 12:45:24 PM
I've played it a bit a long time ago.
Keep meaning to get back to finish it and its 2 DLCs...
Title: Re: kingdoms of Amalur
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 07, 2014, 12:50:22 PM
Me too...bought is last year or so on a sale...played a bit, but did not get far...might have to fire it up again.