GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Rayfer on July 24, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

Title: Frayed Knights on Steam
Post by: Rayfer on July 24, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
Saw this indie rpg on Steam for about $10.00.  Billed as a funny, comical rpg.  Anyone play it, familiar with it? Any good?
Title: Re: Frayed Knights on Steam
Post by: Nefaro on July 24, 2014, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on July 24, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
Saw this indie rpg on Steam for about $10.00.  Billed as a funny, comical rpg.  Anyone play it, familiar with it? Any good?

I got it on Desura last year.  It's very much an "old school" RPG in the vein of the Wizardry and older Might & Magics.   I've only played it a little bit, and the gameplay mechanics seem decent for one of those.  The humor.. unsure from what little I've seen thus far; it hasn't impressed me all that much yet.

The big complaint is that you can't create your own characters.  You must use the prefab'd ones.  This was a design decision the developer made so that he could include specific character dialogue during gameplay (they'll joke and make fun of each other), so it was a trade-off.  I've not played enough to get an idea whether the character humor design was worth losing the character creation freedom. 
Title: Re: Frayed Knights on Steam
Post by: Rayfer on July 24, 2014, 05:56:44 PM
Thanks Nefaro....I'm thinking this might be one to check out when it goes on sale....maybe during the holiday sales.