Well, Friday must have started somewhere east of me by now. Probably where there really is only war at the moment. :-\
Anyway. No doubt most of my gaming this weekend will be finishing up Season One posting of my Amazon Blood Bowl AAR, and then finally getting back to actually playing through Season Two.
Steam and Iron Campaign (The campaign expansion sure made the game 1000x more interesting). POA2.5, TU, Ultimate general. Also been playing 101st Airborne in Normandy again..still love that game. Oh and Divinity OS of course.
I'm going through a bout with gaming ennui, and the past few days have been spent installing and uninstalling games from my backlog. Nothing seems to really grab ahold of my interest.
Tomorrow could be different. I'll probably go back to Commander:The Great War when Steam releases it, and there is always a chance that the link to the Sovereignity beta will be waiting for me in my mailbox when I wake up.
Distant Worlds: Do the next part or two of my AAR. New beta patch was released today that should hopefully fix the crashes that I have been having in the last one.
Command: Almost done with my RSR F-19 Ghostrider centered scenario. The basic scenario is working. I'm going to try and set up a random event that will change the target every time the scenario is played. If I can't, then I'm going to modify the scenario to strike all the Elbe bridges rather then just a random one. I was already planning on a scenario variant that did that, I would just be doing it sooner. I'll also be starting a new Co-op MP game with Baloogan, playing a modified version of the vanilla Shamal scenario.
Skyrim: Continue my Breton battlemage. Haven't had the time to play her since last weekend. Just arrived back at Whiterun after having done the first Mage's College dungeon.
I probably won't have the time, but I may also play some Kerbal Space Program or Xenonauts.
I'm deep into PCO at the moment, it's all i'm playing when i have time. Been awhile since i just played one game for any length of time. It also seems my game buying frenzy is over nothing seems interesting to buy no matter what the price, my wallet thanked me...personally.
Quote from: -budd- on July 24, 2014, 08:33:55 PM
I'm deep into PCO at the moment, it's all i'm playing when i have time. Been awhile since i just played one game for any length of time. It also seems my game buying frenzy is over nothing seems interesting to buy no matter what the price, my wallet thanked me...personally.
PCO= Panzer Command: Ostfront?
I've been meaning to get back into that game. Hope I still have the install file... ???
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 24, 2014, 08:38:51 PM
Quote from: -budd- on July 24, 2014, 08:33:55 PM
I'm deep into PCO at the moment, it's all i'm playing when i have time. Been awhile since i just played one game for any length of time. It also seems my game buying frenzy is over nothing seems interesting to buy no matter what the price, my wallet thanked me...personally.
PCO= Panzer Command: Ostfront?
I've been meaning to get back into that game. Hope I still have the install file... ???
yup thats the game. Just re-download from the matrix members area, i did no problems.
I played the Stalingrad train depot scenario 3 times to relearn the game.......lost all 3 times :( Played some other smaller battles and have now started the Mcensk campaign i'm on the second battle after a minor defeat in the first battle. I posted some screens with commentary on the first battle here[ post 856] http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2551048&mpage=29 there's some screens from the Stalingrad battle also. I decided to start a battle AAR of the second battle here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3662729 I just have the setup posted, hope to get more up in the coming days. Thoughts or ridicule appreciated. The Stalingrad and the Mcensk campaign are both by Mobius, I'm sure i'll run into MR's battles soon. I know the graphics are considered rough but there's alot to like about the game and i'm having fun exploring it.
I plan on taking 2 or 3 naps on Saturday with some OOTP 15 thrown into the mix. Started my new custom league last weekend and want to continue to fine tune the leagues parameters in between my naps.
Kerbal Space Program for me. I really like the new contract system even though it puts a little preasure on the player regarding funds and making sure you can recover parts. Maybe a solution is to add parachutes to everything dropped :crazy2:
And n really don't need another 4x but Star Ruler 2 looks pretty neat...
A few games in OOTP 15, maybe some Steel Beasts and I think a touch of FPS - not sure which one.
My World in Flames is still sitting there teasing me.
I'll also be looking to finish my modelling of the Challenger II which I decided NOT to repaint.
(shameless plug)
On Saturday I won't be doing much in the way of gaming at all. I'll be riding (cycling) a 75 mile route around Essex for a charity - Age UK. Some people here have VERY generously donated - thank you so so much. It always makes the rides a bit more worth while when there is a point to it.
If anyone else finds some spare cash down by the sofa or in their other coat pocket and it's surplus to requirement, feel free to pay for me to be pained on Saturday morning.
At 75 miles (it'll be closer to 80 getting to the start and back), I'll be in the saddle for approximately 4-5 hours and that's a LOOOOONG time for a 19 stone bloke.
This is the route
http://www.gpsies.com/mapOnly.do?fileId=mevietmlrvqkmpxo&isFullScreenLeave=true
This is the event page
http://www.bike-events.co.uk/Ride.aspx?id=417
If you can - and ONLY if you are in a position to (I know we are all taxed in life and by other charity requests) - you can donate here....thanks one and all.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=wmar1967
Quote from: -budd- on July 24, 2014, 10:47:52 PM
I know the graphics are considered rough but there's alot to like about the game and i'm having fun exploring it.
PzC:O graphics aren't too bad if you can turn on some AA and lots of AF. The first to get rid of the jaggies and the second to make textures look a bit more crisp & defined.
Quote from: TacticalWargames on July 24, 2014, 07:14:50 PM
Steam and Iron Campaign (The campaign expansion sure made the game 1000x more interesting). POA2.5
Heh, been a while since I've seen anyone reference Point of Attack 2! What's Steam and Iron? I thought I knew what you were talking about but couldn't find it at GG, GoG, or (ironically) Steam. (Though I did find, somewhat by accident, Heroes of Steam which I was impressed enough with to buy for my iPhone.)
TGB, oooo, did I know Matrixlitherine was going to release CTGW on Steam? I don't think I did. Must get a key from Slither (I own it already).
-budd- I'm far too into BB (obviously) to switch over to a PCO campaign but I've been thinking about getting (back) into that, too. I paid moneys for it, I'd like to get
some use out of it before I die. :)) (Then again, also one of my reasons for locking into BB for a while.) I've set up alerts to track your 2nd Mensck AAR.
Quote from: tgb on July 24, 2014, 07:20:27 PM
I'm going through a bout with gaming ennui, and the past few days have been spent installing and uninstalling games from my backlog. Nothing seems to really grab ahold of my interest.
Big weekend here. Lots of WITPAE PBEM full of sneaky japs (the enemy) and courageous scions of democracy or Chang-Kai-Shek or Stalin or Mao or the Free French or the Indian Army (that's me). It's June 1942 with no Coral Sea or Midway. So the biggest KB ever known to man is out there somewhere.
Meanwhile, I'm playing Heroes and Generals late at night. It seems to satisfy my gamey cravings for slightly arcadey action. I got reasonably good at blowing up German tanks with a bazooka, so if I'm feeling a need to do somewhat easy stuff in the game, I do that. The hard part for me is killing Germans at pointblank range. They still get me most of the time in a close-range fight. I tried a lot of stuff: grenades, SMGs, the BAR and the M1. The BAR with mods was doing very well, but it goes through ammo fast and you can't take a bazooka and a BAR. Now that would be fine. So back to the M1 with more mods. And a Bazooka. I won't get quite as many Germans at close range but I may compensate somehow by killing more at medium range and getting a few tanks occasionally. It's a plan anyway.
And some boardgames: probably continuing with Hoplite.
I am hoping to get some Unity of Command, Civil War II and Commander the Great War at some point this weekend.
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 25, 2014, 08:14:53 AM
Quote from: TacticalWargames on July 24, 2014, 07:14:50 PM
Steam and Iron Campaign (The campaign expansion sure made the game 1000x more interesting). POA2.5
Heh, been a while since I've seen anyone reference Point of Attack 2! What's Steam and Iron? I thought I knew what you were talking about but couldn't find it at GG, GoG, or (ironically) Steam. (Though I did find, somewhat by accident, Heroes of Steam which I was impressed enough with to buy for my iPhone.)
WWI naval wargame published by NWS.
http://www.navalwarfare.net/steam&iron.html
I enjoyed the base game quite a bit and had been looking forward to getting the campaign add-on but I've not been in a Dreadnaught fighting mood in awhile. So the Campaign is still on my 'To Do' list.
One of it's biggest strengths is it's sighting and fog of war mechanics mixed with some command & control modelling that works pretty well. It should make the battles springing from the campaign layer that much more interesting.
Hrmm.. now I'm beginning to think I need to move the S&I campaign higher up my list. ;) Along with some Blood Bowl, of course.
Back from ibiza on saturday and ill be cruising around chernarus and crashing into it with the new Apache mod for Arma II
When not doing that ill be re-carthaging the med for gus in eu4
I'm getting very close to a win in my NTW Campaign as Britain. So I'll probably work on that some along with Mysteries of Westgate for NWN2 as a break. Plus grass-cutting and a little pool-time. Last weekend of July Grogs. Better get out and get your Buns in the Sun while you can. :coolsmiley:
Steel beasts Pro and Combat Mission for me.
And some FFXIV on the PS4 in the wee hours.
More World War One Gold. I just love, love, love this game, warts and all. I've given up on Centennial Edition for the time being. The performance and graphical enhancements are excellent, until the laaaaaggggg sets in by turn two, and you can barely mouse over to the menu to quit. Seems like a pretty massive memory leak issue. And one would think that the devs--DigitalFroggies--would be staying on top of things, since this is their only game and they just launched it....but you'd be wrong. Centennial Edition has serious installation and performance problems, and "all's quiet on the dev front". Just baffling, really, the lack of dev support --
Man, I want to get back to OOTP 15 but just haven't been able to. The patch (3rd?) that eliminated the MLB franchises and logos really bummed me out, and I haven't gone back to it since.
That's weird, Sandman, I thought they had been dropping some early followup patches. But then I recall reading they had stopped having any presence very quickly, too.
Oh well. I'm happy enough with WW1G on my non-Steam Matrix CD.
More Wolfenstein : New Order. I like the fact that your play style unlocks new perks in the game. Really good shooter overall.
Probably more Battle Academy, as I make my way deeper into the Normandy campaign.
Perhaps more Battleblock Theater, which is both a fun platformer AND legitimately funny.
And now that the Master Set has arrived for Duel of Ages II, I'll begin figuring out some way to organize 15 or so pounds of cardboard in a way that makes any sense.
Quote from: sandman2575 on July 25, 2014, 11:49:37 AM
Man, I want to get back to OOTP 15 but just haven't been able to. The patch (3rd?) that eliminated the MLB franchises and logos really bummed me out, and I haven't gone back to it since.
???
You can still get all that stuff via the All-In-One Mod, which can be downloaded and installed within the game. You don't even have to hit the "Ramdomize Team Names" option three times to roll them over to the proper MLB ones; the mod sets it by default again.
I installed the All-In-One Mod and then dropped in a different set of Logos that I like much better. But the Mod still comes with official ones. Ain't nuthin but a G-Spot babee! :D
Not sure what I was doing wrong then -- I had the All-In-One mod, and then installed the dreaded 3rd patch, and voila, all the team names and logos were gone (per MLB's insistance to Markus, apparently). I tried reinstalling All-In-One but couldn't get it to work.
My preferred way to play is with real MLB teams and minors but fictional rosters, so I'm not playing the 2014 MLB quick start, which may have something to do with the problem. Anyway, it's been a few months since I tinkered with this, so maybe high time to get back to some OOTP this weekend...
Since the new 1.7 update is now out, I'll be spending some time with Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.
Checking out the new DLC for Wargame Red Dragon and the 1.7 patch for FE Legendary Heroes will be keeping me busy. Also will be continuing my first go through with the XCOM expansion on iron man mode.
Probably some Battle Fleet 2 for sure and maybe some Making History the Great War and/or Commander: The Great War (after I get my Steam key). I'm also hearing the siren call of Railroad X (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/railroadx_storefront) since I can get it for $30 on HB. Not sure why as I don't need another train sim, but this one is more a model railroad layout sim versus a train driving sim....trying to hold out, but not sure...
Will also be starting a small offensive to take out the straggler European Hornets (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10728.0) that are still flitting around after the exterminator dusted the nest they made behind the bricks on the front of my house. Was hoping they'd be like old soldiers and just fade away, but they persist...
Quote from: sandman2575 on July 25, 2014, 02:01:53 PM
Not sure what I was doing wrong then -- I had the All-In-One mod, and then installed the dreaded 3rd patch, and voila, all the team names and logos were gone (per MLB's insistance to Markus, apparently). I tried reinstalling All-In-One but couldn't get it to work.
My preferred way to play is with real MLB teams and minors but fictional rosters, so I'm not playing the 2014 MLB quick start, which may have something to do with the problem. Anyway, it's been a few months since I tinkered with this, so maybe high time to get back to some OOTP this weekend...
After the third patch, you can hit the randomize team names option a few times and the real names will show....that should work whether with or without the mod.
Quote from: steve58 on July 25, 2014, 04:24:16 PM
Probably some Battle Fleet 2 for sure and maybe some Making History the Great War and/or Commander: The Great War (after I get my Steam key). I'm also hearing the siren call of Railroad X (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/railroadx_storefront) since I can get it for $30 on HB. Not sure why as I don't need another train sim, but this one is more a model railroad layout sim versus a train driving sim....trying to hold out, but not sure...
Will also be starting a small offensive to take out the straggler European Hornets (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10728.0) that are still flitting around after the exterminator dusted the nest they made behind the bricks on the front of my house. Was hoping they'd be like old soldiers and just fade away, but they persist...
Never heard of the Railroad X game until you mentioned it, I own the two other main ones....I wonder what this one has to offer that the other two don't fulfill....I read the forums on steam, but appears pretty light on activity....this one will have to go way cheaper before I give it a go:)
Incidentally, Game 2 of my AAR is finally up tonight -- I'm one step closer to getting back to actually playing the game! :D
Also, I picked up an interesting looking Early Access title called Merchants of Kaidan, which seems a bit like a fantasy version of Sid Meir's Pirates but more landbased and set in a post-spacefaring world where the original inhabitants have regressed into medieval life with fantasy trappings. I was impressed with the setting.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/294020/
Edited to add the YT version of the Steam trailer. Destroy the man who murdered your father and ruined your life -- by mercantile fantasy realm trading!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
From its steampage (again that's
Merchants of Kaidan)
QuoteAbout the Game
Regain your riches, restore your honor and punish those who have wronged you.
Merchants of Kaidan is a challenging trading game fused with lots of RPG elements. You start very humble, one cart, a purse of gold and silver coins is all that you have. Your task is to roam the world and search of opportunities to score some profit. Buy low, sell high - a merchant's motto is easy to grasp. And yet the job is harder than it seems.
A good merchant needs to know everything about the market, he is always on the lookout for a deal, always listening, always engaging and deepening his knowledge. He knows what forces influence the prices, what events affect them. A good merchant listens to rumours and gossips spread by travelers at inns and taverns; hoping for a clue, a hint where to go, where a good deal awaits. A good merchant surrounds himself with specialists smarter than him, people who help him maximize profits and minimize losses. He always expands his fleet of carts, he balances risks, calculates profitability.
The conditions are constantly changing, and supply and demand for different goods with them. Maybe you'd like to pay a cheaper price for furs in the summer, and sell them for a hefty profit as the winter is coming and people need warmth.
But is it worth carrying them for so many days, risking robbery, moths and taking precious space that you could use to transport something now and make a profit immediately?
Or is it worth to buy illegal herb in the out of reach swamps where it cost's next to nothing, and risk smuggling it into the city where you can sell it for an amazing profit? But what if the city guards want to control you? Should you pay a bribe? How big? Maybe the best course of action is to say that you have nothing and hope they don't find anything?
These are the types of questions you will have to ask yourself constantly.
Merchants of Kaidan has 4 story lines each with many quests. Main quest that brings you closer to avenging your father's murder, and 3 side-quest lines. A total of over 100 quests each composed of multiple steps.
A set of random events that influence your journeys. A storm on the sea, attack by dragons, highway robbery and many, many more.
Three types of transport of your goods: by roads, by sea and by flight, each has its advantages and disadvantages and a unique set of events associated. As you grow your fleet you can join a partnership and you'll get to manage 3 traders.
You can hire advisers each specializing in a different field. Their council will help you in a variety of issues. Some will show you shortcuts on the roads, some will help you fight of the bandits, some will council you on how to sail better and in case of a storm, how to minimize risks and losses. If you wish, you can also send them to school to improve their abilities for additional cost.
4 seasons of the year that influence the prices of goods, open some paths for travel and block the others. They also impact the way the game looks, each city has a distinct look at different time of the year.
Random blessings and curses that influence your statistics. They in turn affect how well you conduct business.
A set of artifacts that influence your statistics or can help negate the effects of random events.
A complex market fluctuation algorithm that include many variables such as: demand, supply, seasons of the year, localization of the city, random events like droughts or rat infestation.
A complex trading algorithm
Over 100 quests each with multiple steps to success.
2 out of 10 planned mini games that accompany events with next ones upcoming in the updates
Possibility to create a partnership with other traders and control 3 characters simultaneously
1 main and 2 quick scenarios
15 types of goods for trade with varying characteristics, some illegal, some perishable
Beautiful hand-drawn localisations.
We intend to expand the game by many elements. These are the things that we intend do do. We are of course open to every idea and player's feedback. With your help we intend to create the best trading game.
Adding several more 3D mini-games associated with in-game events:
- Mine penetration, finished by a fight with monsters
- Ruins penetration, where you prevent the monster from escaping
- Game of craps with other traders
- Defending the caravan from the robbers
- Defending the caravan from dragon's attack
- Evading the robbers (a tactical minigame based on hexes)
- Navigating the sea in the fog
- Fighting the pirates
Increasing the number of random events by about 3 times.
Increasing the number of quests to about 140.
Establishing your own sources of passive income like villages, quarries, pleasure houses.
Creating a partnership with other "NPC" traders that the player would command, each would have it's strengths and disadvantages.
Improving the graphical aspects of the game.
Increasing the size of the map with new regions
Ideas proposed by players.
Your name is Olivean de Calinn, and this was supposed to be the most important day of your life. Your father has been preparing you, for all these years, for this exact moment. Your 21st birthday.
You were finally a grown-up, able to take care of yourself, a person worthy of continuing your fathers' legacy.
He wasn't born into money. To buy his first cart, he had to work very hard saving every silver and copper. One trade after trade, step after step, he climbed the ladder, transforming his tiny one-man venture into a trading company of a rather significant size.
Then he met Van Talodd, the most famous merchant in the whole kingdom, and soon enough he entered into partnership. This enterprise proved very profitable, and Van Talodd promised your father something more precious than wealth. A lordship. Few weeks ago he left to the Capital – Ovoros – to accept the title. He was taking a little longer to come back than you expected, but recent weather was unfavourable, maybe he got stuck, or a road turned into a swamp... it happened all the time.
It was almost dusk when you heard the knocking to the door. A messenger, his clothes soiled with mud, brought you a letter. There was no lordship, your father was found a traitor, an enemy of the Kingdom, and hanged for conspiring against the king, after a very hasty trial. All his assets and estate confiscated and handed over to the person who exposed the entire plot – Van Talodd.
Suddenly everything became crystal clear, Van Talodd maimed him with promises of lordship, the only thing money can't buy. But his real purpose was to entrap your father and take over his fortune.
Instead of your birthday present, you got carts full of kings' sell-swords approaching quickly. There was no time to loose, you had to run fast and far. Flee from the men that were certainly sent to kill you.
That is only a beginning of your story, you're left with only your family ring that you had on you. Take a fake name you need to avenge your father. Follow the same path as him, grow rich and destroy Van Talodd. The road there is hard and long – are you strong enough to make it?
Kaidan is a fictitious world, that was once a home to a space-faring civilization. It's history is almost unknown. Only that, once they developed starships, they relatively quickly left the planet. And on the remnants of the old civilization a new one has sprouted. A far less developed. If not for the artifacts left by the predecessors, they would be no different than a medieval country.
Just for a change I think I'll play a bit of:
Dota 2
I just won a brilliant game. Not only were we up against Pudge - I've never won against a Pudge before - but also we won largely thanks to me. Playing as Razor, I crept around, whacking the enemy base while the rest of my team kept them occupied. By the time they worked out what I was doing we already had mega creeps. It was only a matter of time then, but I still got in a couple of kills just before their ancient went down. :)
Quote from: sandman2575 on July 25, 2014, 02:01:53 PM
Not sure what I was doing wrong then -- I had the All-In-One mod, and then installed the dreaded 3rd patch, and voila, all the team names and logos were gone (per MLB's insistance to Markus, apparently). I tried reinstalling All-In-One but couldn't get it to work.
My preferred way to play is with real MLB teams and minors but fictional rosters, so I'm not playing the 2014 MLB quick start, which may have something to do with the problem. Anyway, it's been a few months since I tinkered with this, so maybe high time to get back to some OOTP this weekend...
If you create a custom MLB league, you may have to press the "Randomize Team Names" a few times to get the official ones to show up.
If you don't have the official names tied to the teams, then the Logos won't display because they're specific to the team names. So if you get the team names right, the logos will follow.
Three times I believe is the magic number to get MLB names.
I'm continuing my exploration of The Civil War with some Scourge of War tonight. I played two of the scripted scenarios for Antietam, one from the Confederacy (major defeat) and one as the Union (minor defeat). I actually thought I was kicking some ass in the Union scenario.
So, it appears I have some studying to do. I have to be honest, I don't know all that much about Civil War tactics. I've read a bit of course, but I'm certainly missing something with respect to the nuances of moving troops effectively for the killing blow.
Quote from: Toonces on July 26, 2014, 02:08:58 AM
I'm continuing my exploration of The Civil War with some Scourge of War tonight. I played two of the scripted scenarios for Antietam, one from the Confederacy (major defeat) and one as the Union (minor defeat). I actually thought I was kicking some ass in the Union scenario.
So, it appears I have some studying to do. I have to be honest, I don't know all that much about Civil War tactics. I've read a bit of course, but I'm certainly missing something with respect to the nuances of moving troops effectively for the killing blow.
Good choice.
Don't get flanked. Keep your combat lines next to each other for extra support. Don't let them get spread too far apart if you can help it.
Try to keep a reserve that you can swap out if your troops on the firing line get tired in an extended firefight. If they get tired, they break more easily and are more vulnerable to charges.
As with most strategy games like this, you gotta learn how your subordinate AI officers handle their unit when given various orders. Many of them can be quite aggressive, for example, so if you see them moving forward after you gave them a 'Defend' order then you'll probably have to give them a more stern one. In the smaller commands, it still pays to know how your regiments behave when you tell them to do something specific.
Many scenarios have a Victory Location. There are some variable values specific to each one. Those are explained in the manual. Just be aware that most of them require you to occupy a small area around it with at least one regiment AND an officer before you can score the VPs. Many score VPs over time, so you must often continue to hold it with them. This is one of the few criticisms I have of SOW - having to tie up a general on a victory location after your lines have already pushed past it.
It's a lot of fun, though. Especially if you get into a big multi-player session (even Co-Op). There are a lot of little things you can learn regarding strategies. I've not really touched on them here.
Cardboard weekend. Unconditional Surender and RAF.
Just finished my first two play throughs of RAF - Eagle solo. What a blast! Got creamed the first time so had to try again right away. Managed a draw the second play. Great fun. And this is just the intro scenario!
Great fun planning out the days raids in such an order so as to totally screw the RAF's ability to respond properly. Still need to work out how to down more of their planes though my plane fer plane ratio is pretty bad.
RAF is a great boardgame. Well thought out, good, clear rules and VERY playable
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 26, 2014, 01:01:36 PM
RAF is a great boardgame. Well thought out, good, clear rules and VERY playable
Agree completely. After just reading the rules while playing the two solo games, I'd picked up 90% of the rules on the fly. By the end of the second game I was only looking at the Turn Sequence to make sure I didn't forget a step.
This game would be a blast to play two player.... Maybe I can come up with some way to do a play by forum double blind game..... hmmmmmm..... :uglystupid2:
I've only played a game of RAF:Lion thus far. After the first couple raid days, things were mostly pretty easy. So I'm guessing that the Eagle side is the one to be playing for much more challenge?
I'll be playing CKII until further notice. Please observe and respect the Do Not Disturb sign. Thank you.
Quote from: Nefaro on July 26, 2014, 03:01:57 PM
I've only played a game of RAF:Lion thus far. After the first couple raid days, things were mostly pretty easy. So I'm guessing that the Eagle side is the one to be playing for much more challenge?
Haven't tried the Lion side yet. That's next. :)
Quote from: KyzBP on July 26, 2014, 04:27:27 PM
I'll be playing CKII until further notice. Please observe and respect the Do Not Disturb sign. Thank you.
I guess you've passed the learning curve then? :)
Quote from: Nefaro on July 26, 2014, 07:40:13 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on July 26, 2014, 04:27:27 PM
I'll be playing CKII until further notice. Please observe and respect the Do Not Disturb sign. Thank you.
I guess you've passed the learning curve then? :)
I'm getting there. A lot of trial and error but even when things go wrong it's still fun. :idiot2:
It's the most fun when things go horribly wrong! :D
My son is gay, my wife is trying to assassinate me, my uncle is stealing all my vassals, the Moors are coming, the peasants are revolting (they certainly are!), and I'm 68 with a clubbed foot.
Ahhhh life in the good olde days..... :2funny:
On the road this weekend. I'm playing scenarios from a few Tiller mobile games. Also I'm going to give XCOM mobile a try.
I played my first run-through in Dishonored. Looking forward to the DLC missions.
Also played some Making History Gold and Making History The Great War.
Well, I did manage to post up the finale to my Season One AAR (which only took forever to write up and screenie :buck2: ), and got back to playing Season Two; but in the middle of my first playoff an uncle indicated we might be movie-watching so I had to switch to something where I could constantly save.
No movies, but I did thus spend over 7 hours playing Pandora: First Contact. Not too sure I'll go back -- the combat is a little to unpolished or something -- but I wasn't unhappy.
Quote from: MengJiao on July 25, 2014, 08:41:52 AM
Quote from: tgb on July 24, 2014, 07:20:27 PM
I'm going through a bout with gaming ennui, and the past few days have been spent installing and uninstalling games from my backlog. Nothing seems to really grab ahold of my interest.
Big weekend here. Lots of WITPAE PBEM full of sneaky japs (the enemy) and courageous scions of democracy or Chang-Kai-Shek or Stalin or Mao or the Free French or the Indian Army (that's me). It's June 1942 with no Coral Sea or Midway. So the biggest KB ever known to man is out there somewhere.
Meanwhile, I'm playing Heroes and Generals late at night. It seems to satisfy my gamey cravings for slightly arcadey action. I got reasonably good at blowing up German tanks with a bazooka, so if I'm feeling a need to do somewhat easy stuff in the game, I do that. The hard part for me is killing Germans at pointblank range. They still get me most of the time in a close-range fight. I tried a lot of stuff: grenades, SMGs, the BAR and the M1. The BAR with mods was doing very well, but it goes through ammo fast and you can't take a bazooka and a BAR. Now that would be fine. So back to the M1 with more mods. And a Bazooka. I won't get quite as many Germans at close range but I may compensate somehow by killing more at medium range and getting a few tanks occasionally. It's a plan anyway.
And some boardgames: probably continuing with Hoplite.
This just in: I started playing Ageod's Civil War II. Seems pretty cool. On the first run, I got clobbered early on (in 1861) by the Confederates. It was like First Bull Run + 100. They came out of nowhere. There were millions of them.
I could have played on, but now the challenge was -- at least not to do worse than the Feds in 1861. So back to that.
On the HG front: I got a lot of amusement out of killing Germans with names like Ashwitz. Ashwitz? Why not Treblinka? Pick a real death camp and spell it correctly next time, eh, Ashwitz, if that really is your name? Yes, the M1 and the bazooka are working fine. I'm still pretty bad at close range, but I think I've figured out that my relatively good ping lets me switch states (eg -- in jeep to out of jeep) a little faster than my death-camp-spelling-challenged foes. Still, killing range for me is usually greater than 20 feet. Bang Bang. Now about the bazooka. That thing is murder in a big tube. Pump in a few rockets and watch the little Ashwitzes go flying. Very, very satisfying.
Elsewhere: routine WitpAE PBEM and boardgames.
I got a nice surprise present from Radious Saturday. He updated his Rome 2 mod adding 60 cool new units to the Eastern, Arabian, and African factions. Unfortunately for me I'm at war with about half of these factions in my Seleucid campaign. Now they've got a whole bunch of new units to kick my armored ass with. Maybe it's time to go west and north.