GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: DennisS on July 26, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Title: Train Fever
Post by: DennisS on July 26, 2014, 04:46:40 PM
OK...here it is folks!!! This will be released on steam in ... 40 days or so, plus or minus.

http://www.train-fever.com/

This looks to be a combination of Sid Meier's Railroads! and Open TTD. My only concern is that the game map is 256 square kilometers, or about nine miles in all directions from one point.

Given the scale, it seems to work..but you won't be connecting Stuttgart to Bremerhaven.
Title: Re: Train Fever
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 26, 2014, 04:48:32 PM
Yep, discussed here a bit recently:)  Does look interesting, but not biting until after release.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=4633.0
Title: Re: Train Fever
Post by: DennisS on July 26, 2014, 05:04:42 PM
Hmm..last week. I missed it.

This is on my wishlist, and will be a day one purchase. Looks very refined for its stage of development.
Title: Re: Train Fever
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 26, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Quote from: DennisS on July 26, 2014, 05:04:42 PM
Hmm..last week. I missed it.

This is on my wishlist, and will be a day one purchase. Looks very refined for its stage of development.

Yep, I like the way that it appears easy to lay track at least in the videos.....I certainly will be watching, but not sure it will be day one purchase.  Now if they would have offered a pre order discount or maybe early access, they might have gotten me:)
Title: Re: Train Fever
Post by: DennisS on July 27, 2014, 08:16:35 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 26, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Quote from: DennisS on July 26, 2014, 05:04:42 PM
Hmm..last week. I missed it.

This is on my wishlist, and will be a day one purchase. Looks very refined for its stage of development.

Yep, I like the way that it appears easy to lay track at least in the videos.....I certainly will be watching, but not sure it will be day one purchase.  Now if they would have offered a pre order discount or maybe early access, they might have gotten me:)

Out of all the games I have every played, Railroad Tycoon II is second in total time. Has to be. World of Warcraft had a very nice, almost 8 year long run.
Title: Re: Train Fever
Post by: Greybriar on July 27, 2014, 09:45:05 PM
I've been a fan of  transport simulation games for 25 years and Train Fever looks good to me. I wish it were available DRM-Free though.
Title: Re: Train Fever
Post by: JasonPratt on July 28, 2014, 12:33:08 PM
Personally I wish there was an Old West steam engine 3D sim, preferably with a econ sim overlay, y'know laying out and managing routes in a county or two. The Red Dead Redemption engine would have been perfect for that, at least on the operational side.  :smitten: