GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: DicedT on July 30, 2014, 06:04:52 PM

Title: SAM Simulator
Post by: DicedT on July 30, 2014, 06:04:52 PM
Anyone play this? https://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Michael
Title: Re: SAM Simulator
Post by: Staggerwing on July 30, 2014, 06:13:45 PM
Didn't Jarhead post about that game a while back?
Title: Re: SAM Simulator
Post by: DicedT on July 30, 2014, 06:14:26 PM
Can't remember. Just had some questions about running the sim.

Michael
Title: Re: SAM Simulator
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 30, 2014, 06:33:31 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 30, 2014, 06:13:45 PM
Didn't Jarhead post about that game a while back?

Way back...like wargamer.com way back, I think.
Title: Re: SAM Simulator
Post by: jomni on July 30, 2014, 06:36:33 PM
I tried it and was completely lost.
Don't try and shoot airliners with it ok.  O0
Title: Re: SAM Simulator
Post by: Nefaro on July 30, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: jomni on July 30, 2014, 06:36:33 PM
I tried it and was completely lost.

It's definitely got a learning curve. 

I'm not sure if it has much (or any) of a tutorial either, so there is likely much reading to be done before you know what you're doing with each SAM model. 

Still.. I've wanted to get into it at some point.  Will just have to knuckle down and get to reading up sometime.  If you can enjoy running a sonar screen in the 688i/SC/Dangerous Waters series, then running a SAM console could be similarly interesting to learn.