What do you do after you get up in the morning? Specifically, for a work day. Is it the same routine? Or do you vary it? First thing I do is pee. Then to the kitchen to wash my hands and put on the water for oatmeal. Make my sandwiches and pack my cooler for the day. The oatmeal is done. I go back to the bedroom, sit at my desk and look at my computer for the next twenty or thirty minutes. Soon as I am done, I put on Pandora, go into the bathroom, get the shaving and the tooth brushing done and then it's get dressed and leave for work. I try to make it out the door by 6:30, but, it's usually 6:40 or :45 before I get in the car.
Sometimes #1 Son wakes me at 4:30 to turn on his DVD player. I go back to sleep (not really). Sometimes he sleeps until my alarm clock goes off at 5:30 (yay!). Then I make breakfast for #2 son ( 2 strips of bacon, 1 bagel with butter, one small Sunny D, and meds, pill) while drawing up the meds, liquid, pill for # 1 son. I bring breakfast/meds to Son #2 and then dispense meds to Son #1.
I make coffee :D
Then I dress and shave Son #1 and brush his teeth while giving him a 180ml feeding of 1.5 cal per 1ml of formula via his feeding tube through his gastrostomy. I wipe the toothpaste off his face and then go down to the livingroom to check out the GH page.
After that I make sure Son # 2 has gotten his backpack ready for school, snack and all, and explain for the millionth time why he can't go and close his brother's bedroom door to block the sound of the PBS kids shows that # 1 Son likes. Then I fold laundry while looking out the window and waiting for either the white van (#1 Son) or the small yellow schoolbus ( #2 Son) to show up.
After sons #1 and 2 have been seen safely off to school I make another cup of coffee (yay!), and spend 120 seconds looking at my back yard.
Then I shower and go to work.
:)
120 sounds soooooo much longer than two minutes, doesn't it? ;)
Yes it does. Sometimes a lifetime even. :)
QuoteFirst thing I do is pee. Then to the kitchen to wash my hands
Hm...I wash my hands in the lavatory O:-)
...bitch and moan about how much I hate going to work. Followed by more bitching and moaning about how I wish it was the weekend. Take a dump while checking the news, my email and GH on my iPad (I'm at this phase right now as I type this). I may then go back into bed for a few minutes to prolong the inevitable. Get into the shower. Shave, groom, maybe jerk off, depending on mood. Towel off, grab a quick bite, have a coffee or oj depending on how far behind schedule I am. Go into nursery to recover baby jarhead. Change baby jarhead. Put on suit. Wait for nanny to arrive. Bitch and moan about how nanny is always 10 minutes late. Hand off baby to nanny. Get in truck and go.
it is carefully coordinated plan knowing i need 10 mins to get showered/teeth brushed, and 10 mins to get dressed - the rest belongs to sleep - conference at 6am - 540, office requiring leave house at 815 - 755
sleep beats breakfast, coffee, juice, walking around and what ever else JH does in his morning routine - i leave the house like a zombie but ive had as much ZZZZs as i can get
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 10:05:24 AM
conference at 6am - 540, office requiring leave house at 815 - 755
wait.... what? ???
Wake up, wonder where the hell am I, who's the chick next to me and where are my pants?
Oh there they are.
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2014, 10:05:24 AM
it is carefully coordinated plan knowing i need 10 mins to get showered/teeth brushed, and 10 mins to get dressed - the rest belongs to sleep - conference at 6am - 540, office requiring leave house at 815 - 755
sleep beats breakfast, coffee, juice, walking around and what ever else JH does in his morning routine - i leave the house like a zombie but ive had as much ZZZZs as i can get
I don't get more than five or six hours uninterrupted, but I'll hit the snooze alarm four times before I roll out of the rack. I gotta have breakfast though. It would be something more substantial than oatmeal and a fig bar, but, that snooze gets me every time.
Quote from: MetalDog on August 02, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
...but I'll hit the snooze alarm four times before I roll out of the rack.
I f*cking hate this habit! My wife wakes up at 0530 to be at the hospital by 0700, but she doesn't get out of bed until around 0630. Her God damn alarm goes off every 10 minutes for the better part of an hour and I really don't need to wake up until 0730 usually...but no. Because of her stupid habit, I wake up at 0530 every morning and so the bitching begins much early than is actually necessary.
I don't understand why you people can't just sleep until you have to wake up?
wear earplugs or see if she can use earphones.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 02, 2014, 12:05:36 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on August 02, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
...but I'll hit the snooze alarm four times before I roll out of the rack.
I f*cking hate this habit! My wife wakes up at 0530 to be at the hospital by 0700, but she doesn't get out of bed until around 0630. Her God damn alarm goes off every 10 minutes for the better part of an hour and I really don't need to wake up until 0730 usually...but no. Because of her stupid habit, I wake up at 0530 every morning and so the bitching begins much early than is actually necessary.
I don't understand why you people can't just sleep until you have to wake up?
I live by myself. And when my daughter lives at home, her door is closed. Plus, she sleeps like the dead. When I was married, my wife would get up before me, so it didn't bother her. Before THAT, I didn't have a job that required me waking up to an alarm. Once me and t(F)w get married, I will get up when the alarm goes off the first time. She has a horrible time getting to, and staying, asleep.
What is this waking up "in the morning" thing that you all speak of? It's completely outside of my experience. ???
1 - Getting out of bed
2 - Turn on the coffee maker
3 - Shower
4 - Breakfast, while watching the news
5 - Go to work and about 1 hour later, I'm awake.
Get up at 5:45am, brush teeth, shave, get dressed. Go to kitchen and get my oatmeal out of the rice cooker that I set the night before. Eat oatmeal, drink protein and vitamin shake while checking email on the phone. Throw dishes in the dishwasher. Grab my lunch that I made the night before from the fridge and hit the road by 6am. Curse the assholes who drive 10 kph slower than the speed limit and back up the non-HOV lane. Curse the asshole planners at city hall who still insist on HOV lanes. Drive the 29 km to work in 40 minutes. Curse the assholes who put the 27 speed bumps on the 2 km road to my workplace. Curse my failing car suspension. Get to work. Drink tea or energy drink, start 12 hours of fun.
Get out of bed, hydrate and peruse freelance writing sites.
Work out.
Smoothie and newspaper time, then back to the computer for awhile.
Shower and everything else.
Go to work.
Get up 5:30am, drop a deuce, cleanse all my regions, get dressed, pack breakfast and lunch if available, get into car or get picked up by carpool dudes, get to work by 7:15am, weep.
Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2014, 06:30:54 PM
Get up 5:30am, drop a deuce, cleanse all my regions, get dressed, pack breakfast and lunch if available, get into car or get picked up by carpool dudes, get to work by 7:15am, log into Grogheads at 7:20, weep.
fixed
^Thank you.