GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2014, 01:39:19 PM

Title: The Cap
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2014, 01:39:19 PM
My 13 year old daughter is Captain America mad and she's on holiday in the South of France with her school for a week...so I thought I would do a wee painting for her for when she returns

Be gentle - all free hand :-) (screwed the shield up on the right hand side)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FMisc%2F20140810_192331_zpsfgunl7ww.jpg&hash=93dc17796dae214396564b7edcd1b7f41c03e399)


And the original
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1160.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq499%2Fwmar1967%2FMisc%2FSnap1_zpsd9e2be66.jpg&hash=ac39534559b10a1d84cbb2e7ac258cd8ba2a4cce)
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: MetalDog on August 10, 2014, 02:03:45 PM
That's outSTANDing, JD!  Cap is a favorite of mine. 
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2014, 02:10:57 PM
Thanks. The Cap's films were my favorites I have to say
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 10, 2014, 02:47:23 PM
 O0
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: Martok on August 10, 2014, 02:55:15 PM
That's damn cool, JD! 
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: TheCommandTent on August 10, 2014, 03:10:04 PM
Very cool indeed!
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: W8taminute on August 10, 2014, 03:10:37 PM
You have a good eye for drawing/painting.  You're daughter is going to love it!
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2014, 03:37:25 PM
Thanks all.

My dad was a great artist and we used to draw quite often together before I joined the army in '83. I haven't done much in the way of drawing or painting in the last 30 years though, and I was never too hot at painting, always preferring sketching.

I think the next one I do will be a sketch and I'll stay away from the paint tbh

Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 10, 2014, 04:13:11 PM
or better yet do your sketches and drawings and then use watercolors.  You seem to have graduated colors down.
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 10, 2014, 04:34:30 PM
All painting scares me...but especially water colours.

The Cap was using acrylic
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 10, 2014, 04:41:11 PM
watercolors are actually the most forgiving once you get this concept of pure water as an eraser and blender.
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: bayonetbrant on August 10, 2014, 05:02:42 PM
Its better than painting your face for a dumb bet!

:)
Seriously - looks great!
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: Gusington on August 10, 2014, 06:39:05 PM
Nicely done JD, you renaissance man.
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: LongBlade on August 10, 2014, 09:43:35 PM
Love it. Well done!
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: Centurion40 on August 11, 2014, 09:27:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 10, 2014, 06:39:05 PM
Nicely done JD, you renaissance man.

+1
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: Staggerwing on August 11, 2014, 05:39:46 PM
Great stuff JD!
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 11, 2014, 05:41:39 PM
Thanks everyone. She came back today and was really happy with it - so I'm chuffed  :)
Title: Re: The Cap
Post by: mirth on August 11, 2014, 07:33:09 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 11, 2014, 05:41:39 PM
Thanks everyone. She came back today and was really happy with it - so I'm chuffed  :)

Awesome! Well done, JD!