A stand alone release. From Rock/Paper/Shotgun site, includes a trailer. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/12/space-hulk-ascension-edition/#more-226749
Sounds utterly AWESOME! Terminator experience and customization, something I thought was desperately needed in the initial release.
That looks like it will be a blast to play...love the RPG elements. Any idea on release date?
Quote from: Shelldrake on August 12, 2014, 10:21:03 AM
That looks like it will be a blast to play...love the RPG elements. Any idea on release date?
The article says sometime between October and December 2014.
One of the designers posted this a little down the RPS discussion thread:
Quote from: Thomas LundBut yes – we have already planned loyalty discounts for existing owners, so that they get a choice.
Beware this game does not replace Space Hulk "the digital boardgame". Its a separate more video game approach with different rules and removal of boardgame elements.
Um. Except apparently when it does replace the digital boardgame.
Quote from: Thomas LundAlmost all animations are being touched up on to make things more epic and bloody. The death animations will get a round as well, but its not determined yet if we get ragdolls working without it looking completely fucked up – or if we need to hand animate deaths.
All sfx, vfx, lights, shaders etc have been or are given a improvement pass as well to utilize PC platform more, and the entire menu and ingame UI is being overhauled too.
Glad I waited. I always wanted to try the original, but the lack of a demo and all the "meh' reviews kept me away.
Quote from: RooksBailey on August 12, 2014, 03:08:44 PM
Glad I waited. I always wanted to try the original, but the lack of a demo and all the "meh' reviews kept me away.
Why glad? Its a great game. This review isn't to 'meh'.
http://grogheads.com/?p=2181#more-2181 (http://grogheads.com/?p=2181#more-2181)
I haven't played the recent version in a few months, but my understanding is that the bugs have been pretty much stomped. (Though what I'm supposed to do in the ultimate mission still isn't clear.)
That being said, the FPS conversion (which remains amazingly faithful to the boardgame rules) from back in the days of Doom 1, is still my favorite iteration.
That being said, I'm curious what the distinctions are going to be between their own remake/update/conversion, and the new upcoming Deathwing FPS which is also straight-up Space Hulk territory.
Worth noting for comparison by the way is that whatever the missions for this new "Edition" include, the total is about 3 times what's already available in the original and its DLC: 100ish vs 36. Whether those missions will be all new (and presumably not the Deathwing campaign missions from the original SH which would be used in the other upcoming title), or include the current 36 with the new ruleset, I don't think I've read anywhere yet... ???