GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: steve58 on August 16, 2014, 04:08:41 PM

Title: Paradox announces Cities: Skyline and Hollowpoint
Post by: steve58 on August 16, 2014, 04:08:41 PM
Paradox announced two new games yesterday:  Cities: Skyline (http://www.citiesskylines.com) (from the Cities in Motion folks) which looks to be a SimCity competitor (and yes, you can play offline :2funny:) and Hollowpoint (http://www.hollowpointgame.com), "an action-packed co-op combat title set in the 22nd century."

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?795535-Paradox-Announces-Cities-Skylines&s=7e451d451c43cbb7e4c38becfde3eea4


http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?795537-Paradox-Announces-Hollowpoint&s=7e451d451c43cbb7e4c38becfde3eea4

Title: Re: Paradox announces Cities: Skyline and Hollowpoint
Post by: jomni on August 16, 2014, 06:33:19 PM
Quote from: steve58 on August 16, 2014, 04:08:41 PM
Paradox announced two new games yesterday:  Cities: Skyline (http://www.citiesskylines.com) (from the Cities in Motion folks) which looks to be a SimCity competitor (and yes, you can play offline :2funny:) and Hollowpoint (http://www.hollowpointgame.com), "an action-packed co-op combat title set in the 22nd century."

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?795535-Paradox-Announces-Cities-Skylines&s=7e451d451c43cbb7e4c38becfde3eea4



They even have to mention "play offline". Har har har.
But that musical theme sounds like Sim City.
Title: Re: Paradox announces Cities: Skyline and Hollowpoint
Post by: RooksBailey on August 16, 2014, 06:40:15 PM
Hollowpoint looks great.  I am a sucker for cyberpunk-themed merc games.
Title: Re: Paradox announces Cities: Skyline and Hollowpoint
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2014, 06:42:39 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on August 16, 2014, 06:40:15 PM
Hollowpoint looks great.  I am a sucker for cyberpunk-themed merc games.

Really? I thought it looked like crap. A bunch of players running back and forth on a platform, no real cover, no real tactics. We'll see...but so far...meh.
Title: Re: Paradox announces Cities: Skyline and Hollowpoint
Post by: Nefaro on August 17, 2014, 07:38:30 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 16, 2014, 06:42:39 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on August 16, 2014, 06:40:15 PM
Hollowpoint looks great.  I am a sucker for cyberpunk-themed merc games.

Really? I thought it looked like crap. A bunch of players running back and forth on a platform, no real cover, no real tactics. We'll see...but so far...meh.

I'm also interesting due to the theme.  I'm assuming what little gameplay we saw was just some pre-Alpha conceptual stuff.

What worries me was the 'PS4' stamp underneath it.  If it's just a typical console action game, prepare for disappointment.