GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on August 17, 2014, 02:30:51 PM

Title: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: gameleaper on August 17, 2014, 02:30:51 PM
 Get retro you need to be over 45 to play
http://files4download.com/f/evW its a retro spacetrader game text cusor keys and realy retro graphics

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8247144/640/8247144.jpg

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/8243326/img/8243326.jpg

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8215272/img/8215272.jpg ok
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: Staggerwing on August 17, 2014, 02:37:35 PM
The map in that last screenie is extra-retro!
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 17, 2014, 02:51:06 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on August 17, 2014, 02:37:35 PM
The map in that last screenie is extra-retro!

thats Star Fleet Battles retro.
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: Toonces on August 17, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Alright, I need to get serious about programming my own game.  This stuff is awesome!   O0
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: gameleaper on August 17, 2014, 04:10:55 PM
 We all must be old if you guys have seen this sort of thing before :) SFB is a real compliment thanks! I've also included the source code tooncesn thanks for the comments guys.
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: gameleaper on August 17, 2014, 06:08:24 PM
Toonces after chatting to you 6 months back, it was you who gave me the idea to give wartactical defensive opfire, its on indieDB.com if you want it. Thanks for your support toonces
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: son_of_montfort on August 17, 2014, 06:11:59 PM
Quote from: gameleaper on August 17, 2014, 02:30:51 PM
Get retro you need to be over 45 to play
http://files4download.com/f/evW its a retro spacetrader game text cusor keys and realy retro graphics

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8247144/640/8247144.jpg

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/8243326/img/8243326.jpg

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8215272/img/8215272.jpg ok

Psssh! I'm 35 and I remember games like this. I remember the original "Star Trek" game by Mike Mayfield, although it was technically released before my time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29)
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2014, 06:26:07 PM
This makes Aurora look like Sins of a Solar Empire.
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: Nefaro on August 17, 2014, 07:32:10 PM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on August 17, 2014, 06:11:59 PM


Psssh! I'm 35 and I remember games like this. I remember the original "Star Trek" game by Mike Mayfield, although it was technically released before my time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_%28text_game%29)

Yep.  Reminds me of the old Star Trek and it's many offspring.
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: sandman2575 on August 17, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2014, 06:26:07 PM
This makes Aurora look like Sins of a Solar Empire.

lol

I guess I'm in the minority, but I cannot for the life of me get into the "Good Old Games" mindset to see past the primitive visuals of any of these types of games.  (I know 'retro' is the point here -- plus I'm 39, so I do remember the days of these types of games).  I can't take the plunge on Aurora for the same reason. 
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: tgb on August 17, 2014, 09:47:24 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

I remember Star Fleet I.  I think I might have reviewed it for STart or ANTIC.  But Rules of Engagement I and II were better.

Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: Rayfer on August 18, 2014, 07:00:26 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on August 17, 2014, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 17, 2014, 06:26:07 PM
This makes Aurora look like Sins of a Solar Empire.

lol

I guess I'm in the minority, but I cannot for the life of me get into the "Good Old Games" mindset to see past the primitive visuals of any of these types of games.  (I know 'retro' is the point here -- plus I'm 39, so I do remember the days of these types of games).  I can't take the plunge on Aurora for the same reason.

+1 My sentiments exactly. I've tried and tried, even on old games I played on DOS years ago and enjoyed, but they just don't do it for me any more.
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: Nefaro on August 18, 2014, 05:40:58 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

Same. 

I played that one quite a bit on my C64.  Loved it.  Had more personality to it than the old ST versions.  I actually managed to get an emulated DOS version running a few years ago but I recall it was difficult to get going.

From what I understand, the sequel had some more depth but there was some real-time facet that was a pain in the ass.

If they ever added these to the GOG library, I'd snatch them up.
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: son_of_montfort on August 18, 2014, 06:53:15 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 17, 2014, 09:47:24 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

I remember Star Fleet I.  I think I might have reviewed it for STart or ANTIC.  But Rules of Engagement I and II were better.

Yes... they were so excellent!
Title: Re: U need 2B over 45 for this! spacerpg
Post by: WYBaugh on August 18, 2014, 06:55:26 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 17, 2014, 09:47:24 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on August 17, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
I need to write or pay good money for a re-make of Star Fleet I:  The War Begins by Interstel.  To me, the best Star Trek game ever made.  Loved that game on my ST!

I remember Star Fleet I.  I think I might have reviewed it for STart or ANTIC.  But Rules of Engagement I and II were better.

tgb, I probably read your reviews.  Was a huge Atari fanboi back in the day.

And Rules of Engagement....oh yeah!  Actually still have the boxes and manual hidden away for posterity.