GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Greybriar on August 27, 2014, 03:15:29 PM

Title: Last Chance Special at GOG
Post by: Greybriar on August 27, 2014, 03:15:29 PM
Quote from: GOG.comWe'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list (http://www.gog.com/promo/last_chance_special_promo_270814) and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page (http://www.gog.com/promo/last_chance_special_promo_270814) to see which games this concerns.

Even though the games will no longer be sold by GOG.com, I have been able to download games I had purchased after they had been discontinued. So I won't hesitate to purchase any of the games I want even though I know I won't be downloading them right away.
Title: Re: Last Chance Special at GOG
Post by: Anguille on August 27, 2014, 04:54:18 PM
What happened? So many games...and the 2 Black Mirrors just came a few months/weeks ago!
Title: Re: Last Chance Special at GOG
Post by: -budd- on August 27, 2014, 06:14:45 PM
Couldn't resist Panzer elite for $1.49 . Installed and modded it, now just have to learn how to play it.
Title: Re: Last Chance Special at GOG
Post by: Staggerwing on August 27, 2014, 06:26:12 PM
Quote from: -budd- on August 27, 2014, 06:14:45 PM
Couldn't resist Panzer elite for $1.49 . Installed and modded it, now just have to learn how to play it.

Years ago my local Ocean State Job Lot store had the game on their $2.99 software shelf for months. Every time I went in I picked up another copy and must have given away most of them yet still have at least three somewhere.

So of course I also bought it from GOG as soon as it showed up there...  :idiot2:
Title: Re: Last Chance Special at GOG
Post by: Nefaro on August 27, 2014, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: Anguille on August 27, 2014, 04:54:18 PM
What happened? So many games...and the 2 Black Mirrors just came a few months/weeks ago!

Who knows.  Wouldn't be surprised if the rights were changing hands again, as they have a tendency to do.   ::)