GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Boggit on August 28, 2014, 12:24:40 PM

Title: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: Boggit on August 28, 2014, 12:24:40 PM
The Overlord Complete Pack is on sale at Gamersgate at 85% discount. Is it any good, a clickfest, is it pausable? How do you rate it, is it worth the HDD space?
Title: Re: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 28, 2014, 12:26:45 PM
It was a disappointment. That is really all I can remember.
Title: Re: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: BanzaiCat on August 28, 2014, 12:36:09 PM
I'm mixed on it. When I first bought it I played it for several hours and thought it was quite enjoyable. Apparently not enough fun though to draw me back to it, as I haven't played it in a while.

The minions are hilarious for the most part. They sound like worshipful little Gollums but they die oh, so easily. Which I suppose is part of the point, but it sucks when you get your minions armed to the teeth and then have them get wiped out at the next encounter.

Destroying stuff is fun and pillaging/looting is fun.

The game is somewhat untruthful about how you're an evil git - you can actually make good-guy decisions. I'm disappointed in that, because sometimes you HAVE to make good-guy decisions in order to progress the game a certain way. I suppose being a bastard is just another means to an end, though. I tend to play heroically, though it's odd doing so in this game.

If it's cheap enough to make it worth it to you, give it a whirl.
Title: Re: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: Gusington on August 28, 2014, 01:07:28 PM
I never heard of Overlord...
Title: Re: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: Boggit on August 28, 2014, 01:17:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2014, 01:07:28 PM
I never heard of Overlord...
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-OLCP/overlord-complete-pack

Now you have...  ;) ;D
Title: Re: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: Nefaro on August 28, 2014, 02:46:28 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 28, 2014, 12:26:45 PM
It was a disappointment. That is really all I can remember.

This.

I got the second one on a dirt cheap sale a few years ago.

On rails.  Unengaging console-style braindead action game.
Title: Re: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: Boggit on August 28, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
Sounds like one to avoid. :o
Title: Re: Overlord Complete Pack
Post by: Nefaro on August 28, 2014, 07:10:07 PM
Quote from: Boggit on August 28, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
Sounds like one to avoid. :o


Concept = Good.

Execution =  I would describe it exactly as this guys does: