GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on August 29, 2014, 03:19:27 AM

Title: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on August 29, 2014, 03:19:27 AM


I shall be Elite-ing - working the outer regions of space - im a mineral hauler, yeeharrrrr

and i shall be crushing Pontus beneath my Spartan boots in Rome II

and some Endless Legend because its awesome

Have a good weekend chaps - be awesome to each other
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on August 29, 2014, 03:48:12 AM
My goal is take control over Illinois and North Carolina Avenues in Omerta: city of gangsters...i almost lost my life yesterday in Iowa avenue, defending my brother...

Other than that, i will mostly continue my offensive in China in Storm over the Pacific. We managed to sink the USS Enterprise yesterday but we need to stop the british progressions in Thailand.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Huw the Poo on August 29, 2014, 03:50:28 AM
Screw you, Geek!  :'(

Hmmm....myself, I'll be playing X3: Albion Prelude and a dash of Noir Syndrome.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on August 29, 2014, 04:03:22 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 29, 2014, 03:50:28 AM
Screw you, Geek!  :'(

Hmmm....myself, I'll be playing X3: Albion Prelude and a dash of Noir Syndrome.

puuuuuuuuuuuuuuush!!!!!!
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Shelldrake on August 29, 2014, 05:40:41 AM
I am traveling this weekend so will be restricted to playing games on my netbook. Birth of the Federation and Civil War Generals 2 are top of my list with some action RPG (Sacred) thrown in for variety.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: tgb on August 29, 2014, 05:53:51 AM
Now that I know it's not bugged I'll be continuing with my Eastern Entente campaign in To End All Wars.  I sould really devote some time to Kings Bounty:Dark Side as well as further testing on the betas for Sovereignty and the new build of the Witcher Board Game.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Ian C on August 29, 2014, 06:01:41 AM
Will be playing To End All Wars.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on August 29, 2014, 06:04:24 AM
Most of my free time this weekend will be devoted to fantasy football drafts and hanging out with family.  The trouble with letting the Euros start these threads is that they sometimes miss important stuff.  Like, IT'S A THREE DAY WEEKEND HERE IN 'MURICA!!!!!  So, Monday, I will FINALLY fire up my copy of To End All Wars and see if I can wrap my head around the AGE engine.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: bob48 on August 29, 2014, 06:18:00 AM
Learning 'Russia Besieged' but also playing some BoB SE and GP.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on August 29, 2014, 06:46:04 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on August 29, 2014, 05:40:41 AM
I am traveling this weekend so will be restricted to playing games on my netbook. Birth of the Federation and Civil War Generals 2 are top of my list with some action RPG (Sacred) thrown in for variety.

This is exactely what i am going to say next week!  ;)
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on August 29, 2014, 07:04:39 AM
Three day weekend up here too!  :)

Start writing review for Brant. Drink beer.

Continue CiV campaign as Egypt. Drink beer.

Pickling both dills and jalapenos. Drink beer.

Motorsport Manager on my iPad. Drink beer.

Maybe drink some beer and swim in the pool if the weather cooperates.



Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 07:06:03 AM
Finishing Wolfenstein: The New Order, puttering around in Pe-2 Dive Bomber, playing the tutorial in To End All Wars, and perhaps finally firing up Fallen Enchantress.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on August 29, 2014, 07:10:47 AM
Some Steel Beasts Pro PE multi-player.  Maybe a couple turns of To End All Wars.

Gonna set up Fire In The Lake on the table.  Or a host of others I've not yet played.  Luckily I can leave them out and get to them at my leisure.  Also have tons of game minis to paint so that's my quiet relaxation time, if needed.  :)
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 07:11:52 AM
When do you not need quiet relaxation time?
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on August 29, 2014, 07:17:00 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 07:11:52 AM
When do you not need quiet relaxation time?

When I want to blow shit up.  Which is often.   :crazy2:
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: BanzaiCat on August 29, 2014, 07:48:00 AM
Unfortunately my wife has decided this ENTIRE three day weekend is going to be spent around the house, cleaning and doing projects. I hate projects. You work all day, the weekend is supposed to be for relaxing, not working MORE. Sigh.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on August 29, 2014, 08:01:17 AM
^I feel for you man!  Been there done that as well. 


My wife's friend is coming in over the weekend from out of town so I will be playing 'be a good host and entertain 1.01'.  When I do get a chance though I'll be working on a scenario that I'm overhauling for Advanced Tactics Gold. 

I'm planning on getting my hands on To End All Wars as well but not sure if I'll have much time to play it much.  Then I'll try fitting in some War Thunder airplanes into the mix as well.  Three out of the five gunners on my He-111 are fully trained and I need to grind some more Xp in order to train the remaining two gunners.  Then I'll be unstoppable!   8)
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 29, 2014, 08:18:01 AM
Well, I've got my bezzie mate turning up tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow morning I'm laying tiles on the conservatory floor. Then tomorrow afternoon/evening it's bevvy time.

Tonight and Sunday will be good though. So tonight I will do some Elite:Dangerous and Sunady I might see if the lads are about for some Steel Beasts Pro - if I have any time left on my month licence...I must be coming to the end!
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on August 29, 2014, 08:31:14 AM
Four day weekend, err five, had yesterday and today off.. Bday today, so going out to lunch with family. I hope to get some serious gaming in tonight.

Moving my 18 year old to Colllege tomorrow....

Will probably be doing some FSX, End All Wars and some form of Total War
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on August 29, 2014, 08:37:11 AM
  Now this some Strauss worthy of a true grog.  Read the video's description it's worth it. 



I'm in a gaming funk so most likely will waste my computer time scouring aquarium forums.  I'll be cleaning and replanting my established tank this weekend and setting up a new larger tank.  It'll eventually have an Gold Veiled Anglefish that needs to be moved into the larger tank after it's cycled, which will dictate the other fish for the community.  I also need to figure out how I want to setup and plant the aquascape.

I might play some turn based strategy something or other....


Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on August 29, 2014, 08:40:21 AM
I'll likely start playing through Season 3 this weekend, but I might take another stab at Freedom Force which I re-picked up with its sequel from... crap, can't remember where, GoG or GG, last night.

Also, I'll likely be picking up the Combat Mission 3.0 updated franchise and going through all the hoops on getting that set up.



Bison, just delete the 's' after 'http'; the rest of your coding looks legit.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on August 29, 2014, 08:41:14 AM
S always seems to end up causing problems...
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: PanzersEast on August 29, 2014, 08:44:04 AM
Steelbeasts Pro with the DOW.

Playing some EU IV as Castile, and Distant Worlds ST mod.... and some disc golf. I need to post/renew the community B-17 AAR as well.


PE
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on August 29, 2014, 08:57:49 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 29, 2014, 04:03:22 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 29, 2014, 03:50:28 AM
Screw you, Geek!  :'(

Hmmm....myself, I'll be playing X3: Albion Prelude and a dash of Noir Syndrome.

puuuuuuuuuuuuuuush!!!!!!

  I'm going to be playing WiTPAE PBEM, some BoS and a boardgame or two.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: bobarossa on August 29, 2014, 09:10:45 AM
Since I retired two years ago, every weekend is 7 days long!   However, I plan to play around a little with recently acquired ACW2 while waiting for the 1.04 release, maybe run a few turns on my Republican campaign in Espana 1936, and try to get a grip on how OOTP14 works. 
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Kushan on August 29, 2014, 09:31:12 AM
Took today off, so 4 day weekend for me. With the weather starting to turn to the typical fall weather for the Pacific Northwest, clouds and rain, it looks like it will be a good weekend to stay in and game.

Distant Worlds - Continue my AAR and modding.

Xenonauts - Continue my current game. Eventually I'll make it through a full game without being overwhelmed.

XCOM Long War - Think I'm on my way to losing my first game, but I'm going to give it a few more attempts before I restart.

Command - Continue work on my Red Storm Rising scenario.

I'll also be drinking a copious amount of whiskey throughout the weekend.

Would love to pick up To End All Wars for the long weekend but I think I'm going to continue to keep my eye on it and see if those playing still like it next week.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Asid on August 29, 2014, 10:07:10 AM
Possibly escorting duties with the D.O.W

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSteel%2520Beasts%2520Pro%2Fescort_zpsc3d57439.jpg&hash=dbde825054aaa0a1c163090080fbe1a919317283)
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 29, 2014, 10:20:02 AM
Happy birthday Tuna!

I might play some Xenonauts and maybe some Victoria II (been re-reading the Flashman novels and they've got me in the mood for some Empire building).  Saturday is reserved for drinking sake, eating ramen, and chatting up some Japanese girls at the annual Japan festival in town. 
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on August 29, 2014, 10:24:52 AM
I am also having Wife-Related planning issues this weekend, my grand-daughter's 3rd birthday party. I told her, "Honey, she's going to have another one next year" but.... you know how women are. While I'm waiting to hear from the Grogs whether To End All Wars is The End Of All WWI games, I've gone back to DC-Warsaw to Paris to scratch that strategic itch, or maybe it's more like a dull ache. Anyway, I had pretty much given-up on this monster after I was sure I had gotten to Brussels ahead of the Allies only to find every army except the Chinese waiting there for me to show-up. After a pause to re-think my strategy and curse the game-some more- I've been making decent progress to victory. So that's where I'll be this weekend, pushing panzers down the road to Paris while wearing a pointy birthday hat. Happy Labor Day Grogs. 2014 Was a damned good summer for me and I hope for all of you as well. :))
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on August 29, 2014, 10:49:52 AM
Happy birthday Tuna
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Asid on August 29, 2014, 10:54:55 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 29, 2014, 08:18:01 AM
Sunady I might see if the lads are about for some Steel Beasts Pro - if I have any time left on my month licence...I must be coming to the end!

We will be here  O0
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: bob48 on August 29, 2014, 11:01:50 AM
Happy Birthday, TUNA - have a great day. O0
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Nefaro on August 29, 2014, 12:01:34 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on August 29, 2014, 09:10:45 AM
...and try to get a grip on how OOTP14 works.

There have been some OOTP threads around here explaining some of the more difficult concepts in more plain English.  Such as the player contract details (Professional Time vs Major Time implications, etc) and the different roster usage.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on August 29, 2014, 01:10:46 PM
Kushan,

I know you answered a DW mod list question in the comments to your front-page AAR, but have you set up a thread for that (like your Skyrim mod thread) here in the comp wargaming category?
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Wolfe1759 on August 29, 2014, 03:43:53 PM
Finally got around to buying the Assault on Communism / Assault on Democracy bundle for Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict so I'm aiming to do some Assault on Democracy probably with the War in the West mod campaign.

However I've just noticed that GOG have released Hogs of War so I might well be distracted by that if I weaken and buy it.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on August 29, 2014, 06:01:34 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TUNA






































Figured I would make the font big so you could see it.  Getting old and all ;)
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 07:54:46 PM
Nothing worse than old Tuna HAR

Happy B-day!
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on August 29, 2014, 09:39:26 PM
Thanks, now I gotta think of what game to buy myself for a gift!
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on August 29, 2014, 10:16:25 PM
The most expensive one.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 29, 2014, 10:24:35 PM
I think he already has a wife.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Martok on August 29, 2014, 11:54:30 PM
I'll be gone again this Saturday evening through Monday evening, so I'm not sure how much gaming I'll get done.  On the other hand, I do have these next four nights off, so I should be able to get at least some time in. 

At the top of my list is the Sovereignty beta, followed by Rome II.  Am also digging some space strategy (as usual!), so probably either Distant Worlds or Birth of the Federation, depending on exactly what I'm in the mood for. 




Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 29, 2014, 10:24:35 PM
I think he already has a wife.
<snicker>

Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Kushan on August 30, 2014, 12:27:38 AM
Happy Birthday Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 29, 2014, 01:10:46 PM
Kushan,

I know you answered a DW mod list question in the comments to your front-page AAR, but have you set up a thread for that (like your Skyrim mod thread) here in the comp wargaming category?

I haven't but I can set one up.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Huw the Poo on August 30, 2014, 02:54:41 AM
Happy birthday Tuna! \o/
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: bob48 on August 30, 2014, 06:40:13 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 29, 2014, 09:39:26 PM
Thanks, now I gotta think of what game to buy myself for a gift!

Some add-on for FSX maybe?
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 30, 2014, 09:04:43 AM
Forgot to post this but I may finally fire up the Empires of the Smoky Skies steampunk mod for Civ V...most of you have played that already right? Looks pretty great.
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on August 30, 2014, 09:13:53 AM
Happy belated birthday Tuna!
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on August 30, 2014, 02:47:43 PM
Quote from: bob48 on August 30, 2014, 06:40:13 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 29, 2014, 09:39:26 PM
Thanks, now I gotta think of what game to buy myself for a gift!

Some add-on for FSX maybe?

Lol.. was actually thinking of buying an airport.. but tempted to get a 'game' instead.. should I get my 'own' copy of Rome II.. so I dont' have to use my 15 year olds?


Thanks for the Bday wishes!
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on August 31, 2014, 08:23:06 PM
^YES
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Bison on August 31, 2014, 08:37:40 PM
I've been in a gaming funk for a good two weeks now.  I thought I had some sort of break from repeatedly looking over my games library in boredom when I saw this interesting tidbit of information.

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/jennifer-lawrence-kate-upton-ariana-grande-exposed-in-massive-nude-photo-leak-1201295180/


But the story was a bust and not in a good way either...
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on August 31, 2014, 09:18:26 PM
That's truly unfortunate because they are all smoking hot :(
Title: Re: Johann Strauss says its FRIDAY
Post by: Huw the Poo on September 01, 2014, 02:05:26 AM
Quote from: Bison on August 31, 2014, 08:37:40 PM
But the story was a bust and not in a good way either...

The PR agents, hard at work.

The pics are real.  Get over to 4chan for a look, on /s/.  Have a great day. :)

Edit: Looks like some are fake.  However the most important ones - Jennifer Lawrence - are real. ;)