GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on August 29, 2014, 03:21:38 PM

Title: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: PanzersEast on August 29, 2014, 03:21:38 PM
How many ARMA 3 players do we have here?  Is there any interest from the Grogs group to setup a play night?


PE
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Skoop on August 29, 2014, 03:44:11 PM
I have Arma3, I give it a go.
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 29, 2014, 03:49:46 PM
I play.  But no god-damned Go-Karts!
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: PanzersEast on August 29, 2014, 03:52:38 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 29, 2014, 03:49:46 PM
I play.  But no god-damned Go-Karts!

We blow up Go-Karts....


PE
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 29, 2014, 05:11:32 PM
Me! Me! Me!
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: MikeGER on August 29, 2014, 05:39:08 PM
report for duty  :)

i didnt touched it for a long time ...so epexct a 'Privat Pyle' for the first hour ;)
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Father Ted on August 29, 2014, 06:09:55 PM
I've been playing for a while - mostly "Hostile Takeover" MP
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: jomni on August 29, 2014, 06:34:52 PM
Me.  But you guys know I'm in an odd time zone.
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Tuna on August 29, 2014, 09:48:00 PM
My 15 year old has it.. could log on to his ID..  O:-)
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Swatter on August 30, 2014, 01:42:46 AM
Are we talking about coop? I would be in for that.
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Yskonyn on August 30, 2014, 04:33:27 PM
I have it!
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Kushan on August 30, 2014, 06:28:17 PM
Me!
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Great Ajax on August 31, 2014, 04:02:19 PM
After picking up my new high speed video card last weekend, I have been getting more into Arma 3 so I am interested.

Trey
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: republic on September 01, 2014, 07:33:11 AM
I would very much like a Grogs ARMA group!  I often really want to play ARMA3 but unless you can play regularly and get to know people...multiplayer is pretty annoying.
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Great Ajax on September 01, 2014, 09:02:38 AM
I was playing with the Zeus interface yesterday and I am very impressed.  It is very easy to maneuver and drop in friendly and enemy elements.  It was pretty cool just to drop a bunch of units in and watch them fight.

Trey
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Nefaro on September 01, 2014, 10:29:12 AM
I've not picked up ARMAIII yet.  Still haven't even messed with the ARMAII Collection much. 

However, I plan on getting it eventually.  Just haven't felt the need to pick it up anytime soon.
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 01, 2014, 02:09:32 PM
If any of you want to try out some co-op, the guys at SimHQ will be playing "Military Mondays" today.  Missions start at 5pm PST and run for 2-3 hours.  Warm-up session starts at 4pm where you can get a feel for the communications systems in use, get to know the other players, and ask questions.

You need to register at SimHQ and download and install a couple of mod packs that they use as well as the CBA pack.

They're a good bunch of guys and can be a lot of fun (as long as you aren't the poor bastard who happens to catch a round in the cranium in the first couple minutes of a mission.  I manage to do that quite well.)

Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Tuna on September 01, 2014, 05:03:37 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 01, 2014, 02:09:32 PM
If any of you want to try out some co-op, the guys at SimHQ will be playing "Military Mondays" today.  Missions start at 5pm PST and run for 2-3 hours.  Warm-up session starts at 4pm where you can get a feel for the communications systems in use, get to know the other players, and ask questions.

You need to register at SimHQ and download and install a couple of mod packs that they use as well as the CBA pack.

They're a good bunch of guys and can be a lot of fun (as long as you aren't the poor bastard who happens to catch a round in the cranium in the first couple minutes of a mission.  I manage to do that quite well.)

I agree. .the simHQ guys are fun to play with... good people!
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: PanzersEast on September 02, 2014, 09:10:36 AM
I've played over at SimHq... good group!  If there is enough interest in the group here we could set a night to play and if there are others who want to help in the missions or using the MCC mod to generate dynamic mission as well.


PE
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Great Ajax on September 03, 2014, 04:32:16 PM
I am going to play around with the Zeus functionality some more over the week. After I get a little bit more comfortable with it, I'm thinking about setting up a match just to test how the comms work, multiplayer settings, etc.  Perhaps this weekend.  The Zeus is pretty cool - think a Arma 3 Dungeonmaster.  It was pretty easy to drop forces around and interact with them.  I even set up some mock battles.  There are a lot of interesting and dynamic scenarios that could be easily set up.

Trey
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: PanzersEast on September 03, 2014, 04:35:51 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on September 03, 2014, 04:32:16 PM
I am going to play around with the Zeus functionality some more over the week. After I get a little bit more comfortable with it, I'm thinking about setting up a match just to test how the comms work, multiplayer settings, etc.  Perhaps this weekend.  The Zeus is pretty cool - think a Arma 3 Dungeonmaster.  It was pretty easy to drop forces around and interact with them.  I even set up some mock battles.  There are a lot of interesting and dynamic scenarios that could be easily set up.

Trey

The MCC mod is also great for setting up quick dynamic missions.


PE
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Swatter on September 03, 2014, 10:12:09 PM
I have created a couple of sandbox maps that should scale to well to different sized groups. On those maps I have a base of operations set up where you can equip and re-spawn. I also have experience with the MCC mod where I can generate missions on the fly. I also have used Zeus, but I think it works best in cooperation with MCC.

I think coop insurgent hunting missions are probably the most fun I have had with ArmA 2 and 3, so I would be up to hosting some missions and handling the action on the fly.
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 04, 2014, 12:40:54 AM
I'd be in for Co-Op - time and time zone (GMT) permitting
Title: Re: ARMA 3 Players
Post by: Great Ajax on September 04, 2014, 05:51:42 PM
Been checking out the tutorials on MCC and wow.  This looks like an absolute blast.

Trey


Quote from: PanzersEast on September 03, 2014, 04:35:51 PM
Quote from: Great Ajax on September 03, 2014, 04:32:16 PM
I am going to play around with the Zeus functionality some more over the week. After I get a little bit more comfortable with it, I'm thinking about setting up a match just to test how the comms work, multiplayer settings, etc.  Perhaps this weekend.  The Zeus is pretty cool - think a Arma 3 Dungeonmaster.  It was pretty easy to drop forces around and interact with them.  I even set up some mock battles.  There are a lot of interesting and dynamic scenarios that could be easily set up.

Trey

The MCC mod is also great for setting up quick dynamic missions.


PE