GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: RooksBailey on August 29, 2014, 11:44:24 PM

Title: Dreadnaught
Post by: RooksBailey on August 29, 2014, 11:44:24 PM
This looks like a refreshing take on the battling spaceships theme:

Dreadnought hands-on: a multiplayer slugfest with really big spaceships (http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/dreadnought-hands-on-a-multiplayer-slugfest-with-really-big-spaceships/)

I am glad to hear there will also be a SP campaign.  I am tired of games with good ideas going strictly MP, and then failing to develop a following which effectively dooms the game (Hawken comes to mind, albeit I hope 'doomed' is not appropriate just yet). 

Gonna keep an eye on this one.

Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 29, 2014, 11:53:04 PM
not liking the terrestrial battlespace.
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: RooksBailey on August 30, 2014, 12:00:43 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 29, 2014, 11:53:04 PM
not liking the terrestrial battlespace.

I thought that was peculiar, too.  I am hoping it is only one map of many. 
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 30, 2014, 12:03:10 AM
I keep looking but, I still haven't found that HW blend.
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: GDS_Starfury on August 30, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
just to crosslink the multiplayer Combat Mission thread...  the KISS principle works.  Dont over complicate things.  more often then not less is indeed more.

thats why a Ferrari with no AC, carpets, adjustable seats or glove box costs half a million dollars.
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: Tpek on August 30, 2014, 04:29:24 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 30, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
just to crosslink the multiplayer Combat Mission thread...  the KISS principle works.  Dont over complicate things.  more often then not less is indeed more.

thats why a Ferrari with no AC, carpets, adjustable seats or glove box costs half a million dollars.

They still sell cars without AC and adjustable seats?!
Why kind of a moron would buy a brand new car without AC  :buck2:
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2014, 06:36:56 AM
Quote from: Tpek on August 30, 2014, 04:29:24 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 30, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
just to crosslink the multiplayer Combat Mission thread...  the KISS principle works.  Dont over complicate things.  more often then not less is indeed more.

thats why a Ferrari with no AC, carpets, adjustable seats or glove box costs half a million dollars.

They still sell cars without AC and adjustable seats?!
Why kind of a moron would buy a brand new car without AC  :buck2:

I have a friend who did that. He had no idea and did not think to ask when he bought it. I gave him a hard time about that.
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: undercovergeek on August 30, 2014, 06:39:16 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2014, 06:36:56 AM
Quote from: Tpek on August 30, 2014, 04:29:24 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 30, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
just to crosslink the multiplayer Combat Mission thread...  the KISS principle works.  Dont over complicate things.  more often then not less is indeed more.

thats why a Ferrari with no AC, carpets, adjustable seats or glove box costs half a million dollars.

They still sell cars without AC and adjustable seats?!
Why kind of a moron would buy a brand new car without AC  :buck2:

I have a friend who did that. He had no idea and did not think to ask when he bought it. I gave him a hard time about that.

'friend' you say?  ;)
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: Tpek on August 30, 2014, 08:49:36 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2014, 06:36:56 AM
Quote from: Tpek on August 30, 2014, 04:29:24 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 30, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
just to crosslink the multiplayer Combat Mission thread...  the KISS principle works.  Dont over complicate things.  more often then not less is indeed more.

thats why a Ferrari with no AC, carpets, adjustable seats or glove box costs half a million dollars.

They still sell cars without AC and adjustable seats?!
Why kind of a moron would buy a brand new car without AC  :buck2:

I have a friend who did that. He had no idea and did not think to ask when he bought it. I gave him a hard time about that.

Was at least back during the 70s, 60s or something like that?
I can barely go a single day of Summer here without AC or at least a fan.
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: Gusington on August 30, 2014, 09:01:42 AM
I'm sure the Israeli summer is not conducive to movement without a/c. But Jews are desert dwellers...man up! It's a dry heat :)
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: DennisS on August 30, 2014, 09:39:35 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2014, 09:01:42 AM
I'm sure the Israeli summer is not conducive to movement without a/c. But Jews are desert dwellers...man up! It's a dry heat :)

I dry heat? So's an oven.

I lived in Inyokern, California for a summer, pretty close to Death Valley. I clearly recall several days in a row in the 120's. NOTHING prepares you for when you walk outside, in the sun, and it is 125 degrees. It hits you like a blast furnace.
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: mikeck on August 30, 2014, 09:57:11 AM
Yeah. When I was a Border Patrol agent out near Tucson, I remember walking around in 105 degree heat. I liked the lack of humidity but it basically felt like opening an oven and putting your head in
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: Tpek on August 30, 2014, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2014, 09:01:42 AM
I'm sure the Israeli summer is not conducive to movement without a/c. But Jews are desert dwellers...man up! It's a dry heat :)

Maybe in the deserts, that are in the south.
Where I live it's one of the most humid places on Earth.
Making the heat completely intolerable.
Sauna rooms are colder and less moist than some of the days here :(
Title: Re: Dreadnaught
Post by: Gusington on August 30, 2014, 02:24:27 PM
Humid and hot? Forget it then. I can deal with one or the other but not both.

Dreadnaught looks worth keeping an eye on, btw.