GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Cyrano on August 31, 2014, 05:32:13 PM

Title: So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.
Post by: Cyrano on August 31, 2014, 05:32:13 PM
This just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQcDVZWjC08&feature=youtu.be

That's why a physics engine matters, I suppose.

That, and I love the sound of the engine expiring.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.
Post by: sandman2575 on August 31, 2014, 06:37:48 PM
Ha!   Were you on the receiving end, or did you score the double-kill?
Title: Re: So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.
Post by: Rayfer on August 31, 2014, 08:33:53 PM
Which combat mission is that? I've been really enjoying red thunder.
Title: Re: So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.
Post by: Cyrano on August 31, 2014, 08:46:11 PM
It's the stock mission "Huzzar!" from CM:BN.

Those, I will confess, are my light-skins which, it only occurs to me now as I write this, only reinforces my destructive power over these poor creatures.  We were patrolling near a road intersection when we bumped unceremoniously into a much better-gunned AFV.  We were desperately trying to disengage when this particular AMI decided on this inventive way of conservice ammo...

All kidding aside, there really is nothing like CMx2 at this scale.  Even moments like this just make me laugh like a little kid...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Title: Re: So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.
Post by: Sir Slash on September 01, 2014, 09:14:32 AM
I love it when that happens.... to somebody else.
Title: Re: So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.
Post by: panzerde on September 01, 2014, 09:53:12 AM
Huzzar! is a great scenario. It's rare that you get a recon fight at the beginning of a mission like you do in that one. I know just the intersection where this happened; I've killed more than a few lights there myself but never with such style.
Title: Re: So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.
Post by: Sir Slash on September 01, 2014, 10:11:23 AM
Dammit! Now I'm going to have to play it myself.