GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: DicedT on September 04, 2014, 04:08:05 PM

Title: Any Scottish here?
Post by: DicedT on September 04, 2014, 04:08:05 PM
Someone who knows Scottish military history?

Michael
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 04, 2014, 06:23:23 PM
I watched Braveheart and played the Stamford Bridge scenario in Medieval: Total War.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: mirth on September 04, 2014, 06:28:30 PM
I drink a lot of Scotch. And I'm thrifty.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MetalDog on September 04, 2014, 06:33:43 PM
Can you walk 500 miles?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 06:44:04 PM
you do realize that was almost a pun don't you?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: mirth on September 04, 2014, 06:46:36 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 04, 2014, 06:33:43 PM
Can you walk 500 miles?

I can walk 50 feet and fall down drunk at your door.


Da lat da (Da lat da), da lat da (Da lat da)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Staggerwing on September 04, 2014, 06:48:59 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 06:44:04 PM
you do realize that was almost a pun don't you?

What are you proclaiming here exactly?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: mirth on September 04, 2014, 06:55:16 PM
He's just haverin'
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Gusington on September 04, 2014, 07:37:22 PM
*ahem* ... JudgeDredd is Scottish.

As you were.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 04, 2014, 07:38:23 PM
Anyone not wearing a kilt should be tartan fettered.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MetalDog on September 04, 2014, 07:39:34 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 06:44:04 PM
you do realize that was almost a pun don't you?


No.  No I don't.  And I'd appreciate it if you didn't point out what I almost did.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 08:05:16 PM
to bad.

for the 2 people that cant connect the dots MDs post is a play off of the song 500 miles by a Scottish band.



so not only was MD posting a pun he was trying to be quite coy about it.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 08:05:31 PM
he has been assimilated. 
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 04, 2014, 08:05:38 PM
Not me. But I stayed in a holiday inn once.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 08:07:57 PM
did you perform brain surgery the next morning?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Smuckatelli on September 04, 2014, 08:18:42 PM
Not me but I did take a picture of Mel Gibson's statue when I was stationed in Scotland for a couple of weeks.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 08:23:08 PM
its so horribly executed as a monument.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MetalDog on September 04, 2014, 08:26:14 PM
Consider what you have to work with.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Smuckatelli on September 04, 2014, 08:27:03 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 08:23:08 PM
its so horribly executed as a monument.

I know, that is why they kept a fence around it.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Staggerwing on September 04, 2014, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 08:23:08 PM
its so horribly executed as a monument.


He was so horribly executed in real life as well.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Gusington on September 04, 2014, 09:23:08 PM
Someone finally executed Mel?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 04, 2014, 09:25:10 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on September 04, 2014, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 04, 2014, 08:23:08 PM
its so horribly executed as a monument.


He was so horribly executed in real life as well.

You guys all missed Star's punbait.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Toonces on September 04, 2014, 09:31:06 PM
I don't think anybody Gibson damn that the pun was missed.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 04, 2014, 09:36:00 PM
It takes a brave heart to hang with you punners.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 04, 2014, 09:55:10 PM
I know MD wasn't even trying to make a pun, but he really kilt it
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 05, 2014, 04:08:03 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 04, 2014, 06:23:23 PM
played the Stamford Bridge scenario in Medieval: Total War.

rough translation -

'anyone from New York?'

'played the Bunker Hill scenario in Empire: Total War'
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2014, 05:17:57 AM
^^^
especially since Bunker Hill is outside Boston, and Stamford Bridge is in London (at least the one where CCCFC plays ;) )
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Staggerwing on September 05, 2014, 05:22:50 AM
I thought the battle was in Bob's back-yard. We'll have to see if he remembers.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 05, 2014, 06:15:54 AM
^

heh its not a million miles away, but its not in Scotland
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Gusington on September 05, 2014, 07:36:45 AM
I can't even look at you ucg...even more than usual.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 05, 2014, 07:38:57 AM
Yep. William Wallace gave no quarter.

Wait, no...he gave four quarters.

More than the Minnesota Vikings can say.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.actuarialoutpost.com%2Factuarial_discussion_forum%2Fimages%2Fsmilies%2FRim_Shot_emoticon.gif&hash=75c7f643a6f30e17e6682c0cb9ac4ae6ef5ebdb6)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 05, 2014, 07:39:21 AM
pah.......

if people can pun with impunity, grammar correct with smugness, i can be the geography police

a geog-grog
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 05, 2014, 08:22:39 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 05, 2014, 07:39:21 AM
pah.......

if people can pun with impunity, grammar correct with smugness, i can be the geography police

a geog-grog

Woad you please enlighten us?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 05, 2014, 08:27:21 AM
Yes, please. You're not getting away scot free on this one.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2014, 08:28:37 AM
you want him to bridge the gap in your knowledge?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 05, 2014, 08:32:12 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 05, 2014, 08:27:21 AM
Yes, please. You're not getting away scot free on this one.

Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Centurion40 on September 05, 2014, 01:29:22 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy do you think DicedT is, that he asked us that question?  ;)  -3?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 05, 2014, 01:49:26 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on September 05, 2014, 01:29:22 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy do you think DicedT is, that he asked us that question?  ;)  -3?

Never ask us any questions. We are the black hole of knowledge on the internet: we not only know more about less that most folks, but we pun-ish the curious.

But if you're feeling lucky you can go for brogue.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Con on September 05, 2014, 03:15:36 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 05, 2014, 08:27:21 AM
Yes, please. You're not getting away scot free on this one.
I bet he plaid guilty

Con
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bob48 on September 05, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
...so this is what you all get up to when I'm not watching a thread?

Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 05, 2014, 03:53:10 PM
Quote from: bob48 on September 05, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
...so this is what you all get up to when I'm not watching a thread?

Pretty much.  Where were you? Out golfing?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bob48 on September 05, 2014, 03:55:13 PM
Nooo.........Much more fun than that. I was clipping 'Russia Besieged' counters  8)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Ubercat on September 05, 2014, 06:55:01 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 05, 2014, 03:53:10 PM
Where were you? Out golfing?

:2funny:
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Toonces on September 05, 2014, 07:54:20 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on September 05, 2014, 06:55:01 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 05, 2014, 03:53:10 PM
Where were you? Out golfing?

:2funny:

You know in Scotland it's called "Gof", without the "L".
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on September 07, 2014, 11:41:28 AM
Whiskey does that.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: airboy on September 07, 2014, 02:13:53 PM
Quote from: DicedT on September 04, 2014, 04:08:05 PM
Someone who knows Scottish military history?

Michael

I know a lot about Scottish Military History - for those Scots who emigrated to North America in the 1600s and fought in the Indian Wars and in the Revolutionary War.  I'm of Scottish descent, and have a Scottish last name.  But I don't drink Scotch or play golf any longer.

But I know almost nothing about Scottish military history in Scotland itself.

I also will apologize for all those people who hijacked your question into pun-land.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 03:19:09 PM
If only apologizing would bring an end to it.  :(
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Martok on September 07, 2014, 03:43:49 PM
We will see a lasting peace in the Middle East first. 
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 03:50:14 PM
Those who make puns get off scot free.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 07, 2014, 09:34:47 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 03:50:14 PM
Those who make puns get off scot free.

You know what they say about the best laid plaids.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 09:39:21 PM
thanks for reminding me.
I need to get to the dentist and have these tartan deposits scaled.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 07, 2014, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: airboy on September 07, 2014, 02:13:53 PM
I also will apologize for all those people who hijacked your question into pun-land.

Puns are evil. It will be a blackwatch tonight.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 09:55:59 PM
4 pages and no boobs.
we're either slipping or taking it seriously.
either way it just kilts me.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 10:18:29 PM
It's all the puns.  See what happens when you turn your thoughts to mental pursuits rather than physical?  Pretty soon, you won't have anything left to get physical with.  Personally, whether your junk shrivels and becomes useless is your business, but, it would serve you right for all the damn puns!
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 10:30:37 PM
(https://www.campaignmonitor.com/uploads/images/blog/HateTML.jpg)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 11:00:36 PM
If that's all it took to get rid of the puns, they would have been gone a long time ago.  No, puns and cockroaches will be the only things that survive the Apocalypse.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 11:08:30 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 11:00:36 PM
If that's all it took to get rid of the puns, they would have been gone a long time ago.  No, puns and cockroaches will be the only things that survive the Apunalypse.

fixed  O0
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MikeGER on September 08, 2014, 01:50:07 AM
the latest entry in Scottish history: a 1:2 loss against German soccer team last eve in Dortmund ;)
They fought well, and its was not a milkrun for the Weltmeister
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 08, 2014, 03:09:40 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 09:39:21 PM
thanks for reminding me.
I need to get to the dentist and have these tartan deposits scaled.
[/quote

piss poor - never was a pun more convoluted and shiiiite
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: MetalDog on September 08, 2014, 06:14:05 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 11:08:30 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 11:00:36 PM
If that's all it took to get rid of the puns, they would have been gone a long time ago.  No, puns and cockroaches will be the only things that survive the Apunalypse.

fixed  O0


There may be more of you...


Quote from: undercovergeek on September 08, 2014, 03:09:40 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 09:39:21 PM
thanks for reminding me.
I need to get to the dentist and have these tartan deposits scaled.

piss poor - never was a pun more convoluted and shiiiite


...but we have some, too.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 08, 2014, 06:45:03 AM
Why are bovines so fragile in Scotland?



...



Because they're Glasgow.

:D
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bob48 on September 16, 2014, 05:02:24 PM
You're just trying to milk this for all its worth......
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 16, 2014, 06:07:12 PM
Haven't we done cows on one of these threads?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: mirth on September 16, 2014, 06:12:13 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 16, 2014, 06:07:12 PM
Haven't we done cows on one of these threads?

Moore than once
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 16, 2014, 06:14:54 PM
So I herd.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Staggerwing on September 16, 2014, 06:31:34 PM
Must've been that udder thread.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 16, 2014, 07:28:44 PM
A greener pasture.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: mirth on September 16, 2014, 07:32:55 PM
May it teats you a lesson
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: endfire79 on September 16, 2014, 07:33:12 PM
careful, that's grounds enough to get you kilt.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 16, 2014, 08:02:59 PM
Too bad, because puns really MOOve me.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 16, 2014, 08:41:37 PM
You guys are milking this pun thing for all it's worth.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 16, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
It beHOOFs us to do so.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 16, 2014, 09:18:03 PM
and there's nowhere to hide when we starting horning in on a thread with the awful puns
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
What's with the 5 page stampede of puns in here?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 17, 2014, 12:25:58 AM
we've been fairly heavy with them lately.
to much might have kilt MD.
its a fine balance.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2014, 12:35:57 AM
If I'd known there were puns being kilt over here, I'd have mooseied on over earlier. As it is - it seems it's been milked already
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 17, 2014, 12:37:38 AM
haggis seen whats on the ballot?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2014, 12:58:11 AM
Yep - it's whisky, but I think worth it  ???
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 17, 2014, 01:08:49 AM
personally I think its a faslane to go down.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:19:47 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
What's with the 5 page stampede of puns in here?

Join MD and I in the anti pun movement
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 17, 2014, 02:21:26 AM
Sign me up as well.  (And get your bloody PON turn in!)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:28:02 AM
That's 3 of us

Pon turn tonight, sorry - called out to gay Paris at last minute
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 17, 2014, 02:31:05 AM
Tres chic!  (Watch out for gay Pierre though.)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:36:53 AM
I may haven taken tunas invite to a state visit too seriously

My eyes are peeled

Although the barman is called Pierre and he has a certain flair if you know what I mean
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 17, 2014, 02:38:50 AM
Well, chat him up.  See if he any any keen insights on how best to diversify the economy of 19th century Sardinia.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 17, 2014, 05:22:57 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:19:47 AMJoin MD and I in the anti pun movement

C:-) {GRAMMAR POLICE}  C:-)
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:19:47 AMJoin MD and me in the anti pun movement
C:-) {/GRAMMAR POLICE}  C:-)

O0

:coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Boggit on September 17, 2014, 05:27:46 AM
^^ Ha! That told you! No more home (s)pun puns! :2funny:
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 05:37:29 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 17, 2014, 05:22:57 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:19:47 AMJoin MD and I in the anti pun movement

C:-) {GRAMMAR POLICE}  C:-)
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:19:47 AMJoin MD and me in the anti pun movement
C:-) {/GRAMMAR POLICE}  C:-)

O0

:coolsmiley:

Are you trying to teach me English because I've shown you how to play fantasy baseball properly?

;)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Boggit on September 17, 2014, 05:49:57 AM
^^ ;D
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 17, 2014, 06:27:39 AM
Yes
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 17, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
What's with the 5 page stampede of puns in here?

Punishment.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Martok on September 17, 2014, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:28:02 AM
That's 3 of us
What the f*** am I, chopped liver??! 




Quote from: LongBlade on September 17, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
What's with the 5 page stampede of puns in here?

Punishment.
Ugh.  I suppose that's true enough...  :buck2: 

Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 17, 2014, 02:25:34 PM
Quote from: Martok on September 17, 2014, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:28:02 AMThat's 3 of us
What the f*** am I, chopped liver??! 

Careful - don't ask questions you don't really want us to answer ;)
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 03:25:55 PM
Quote from: Martok on September 17, 2014, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:28:02 AM
That's 3 of us
What the f*** am I, chopped liver??! 




Quote from: LongBlade on September 17, 2014, 10:39:20 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 17, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
What's with the 5 page stampede of puns in here?

Punishment.
Ugh.  I suppose that's true enough...  :buck2:

Oh man I'm sorry martok

4 - we are legion
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bob48 on September 17, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
...oops, sorry. Wrong door.

I was looking for the weekly punaholics anonymous meeting.
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: LongBlade on September 17, 2014, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: bob48 on September 17, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
...oops, sorry. Wrong door.

I was looking for the weekly punaholics anonymous meeting.

Fell off the wagon?
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: bob48 on September 17, 2014, 04:03:53 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 17, 2014, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: bob48 on September 17, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
...oops, sorry. Wrong door.

I was looking for the weekly punaholics anonymous meeting.

Fell off the wagon?

Fell off it? - I can only just run behind it and try and catch it up!
Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: Martok on September 17, 2014, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 17, 2014, 02:25:34 PM
Quote from: Martok on September 17, 2014, 01:20:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 02:28:02 AMThat's 3 of us
What the f*** am I, chopped liver??! 

Careful - don't ask questions you don't really want us to answer ;)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1108.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh412%2FRotarrin%2FFunny%2FChoppedLiver_zps6c6cbc9e.jpg&hash=4d51f9ab51c3452bb397c63ee46ea15e99a9c1d5)




Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2014, 03:25:55 PM
Oh man I'm sorry martok

4 - we are legion
I feel like we should have a banner or something.  :D 




Quote from: bob48 on September 17, 2014, 04:03:53 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 17, 2014, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: bob48 on September 17, 2014, 03:27:21 PM
...oops, sorry. Wrong door.

I was looking for the weekly punaholics anonymous meeting.

Fell off the wagon?

Fell off it? - I can only just run behind it and try and catch it up!
LOL!  If it wouldn't make it too large, I would put this entire quote in my sig area.  ;D 

Title: Re: Any Scottish here?
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 17, 2014, 04:41:25 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.troll.me%2Fimages%2Fdwight-schrute%2Fyoure-chopped-liver-false-liver-can-be-useful-at-times.jpg&hash=78966e3669e8da0a62c8828185c8c9ab2b36517f)