I love Deacon Blue
Anyway - this weekend I will mostly be playing
Red Thunder PBEM with Cyrano
Steel Beasts Pro PE on Sunday with the Grogs of War
Elite:Dangerous to make more money - I'm up to 40k I think
And possibly, very possibly, have a wee gander at
Matrix:World in Flames - but maybe not. It doesn't strike me as the kind of game you can have a "wee gander" at!
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 05, 2014, 04:26:45 AM
Elite:Dangerous to make more money - I'm up to 40k I think
wheres your hauler? it carries 16 tonnes
Ill be playing Elite and Sparta in Rome II
I want loads of money before I upgrade...I'm not wasting my investment again.
I need to find out where they are...the only ships I've seen for sale were not Haulers.
But I'll be honest - my galactic jumping about has been limited. I've been more of a hermit than you have
Not really sure yet, other than diving back into Pirates
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 05, 2014, 04:48:26 AM
I want loads of money before I upgrade...I'm not wasting my investment again.
I need to find out where they are...the only ships I've seen for sale were not Haulers.
But I'll be honest - my galactic jumping about has been limited. I've been more of a hermit than you have
ibootis was the first one i saw with a hauler, a cobra and a viper
Steel Beasts Pro with the Dogs of War
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSteel%2520Beasts%2520Pro%2FGrogheads6%2FSS_22_02_25_zps1bafed69.jpg&hash=ccf4751921f318ef86ae7436fcc0a30026bc2079)
Rise of Legends, Thief, and perhaps some Ace Patrol WWI, WOFF, and To End All Wars if I feel saucy.
I love Deacon Blue as well! One of my all time fav bands O0
Tomorrow i will be leaving for 3 weeks, so i may play some Omerta: city of Gansters and Storm over the Pacific tonight...
Starting tomorrow night, it's going to be netbook gaming and i have a few very good candidates:
- Shogun Total War (the original).
- Strategic War in Europe
- Storm over the Pacific
- Broken Sword 3
- Master of Orion 3
- Conquest Frontier Wars
- Port Royale 2
- Waterloo: Napoleon's last battle
- Crusader: no remorse
- Red Faction
- Tzar
- Star Trek: birth of the federation
- Reach for the Stars
- Caesar III
- Highland Warriors
And these are only the games with a shortcut on the desktop of my netbook ^-^
Tzar! Definitely.
I'll be drowning my sorrow over the loss of my Packers to a bunch of punks like Seattle with some whiskey and the usual mix of weekend gaming:
Diablo 3 - New patch was released last week. I wasn't originally intending to get sucked back in but started playing after I came down with a cold last weekend and now its got its hooks back into me.
Command - More scenario work and beta testing.
Kerbal Space Program - Finally got my modded game running stable with the 64-bit exe.
Xenonauts
Distant Worlds
I probably won't do any playing but I also plan to transition my Skyrim mods over from NMM to Mod Manager. My first attempt ended up with me pulling my hair out in frustration but after watching some tutorials I have a better idea of how it works. And of course I'll be watching to see how the other NFL teams fare on Sunday.
I'm feeling a "modern warfare" kick having finished "red effect" and half of "black effect" (books on the Cold War gone hot in 1984). Playing Flashpoint campaigns and Command (the Cold War scenarios)
Tonight I'm off with the misses to see my grand nephew play running back on his varsity high school football team.. and he's only a sophomore! Good to see my genes landed somewhere. Later some Rome 2 where I'm busy cleaning-up the Med from all the Cartho-Trash infesting it and maybe DC Warsaw to Paris if I'm feeling strategic. Sunday is Football and wings. :D
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 05, 2014, 09:05:51 AM
Tonight I'm off with the misses to see my grand nephew play running back on his varsity high school football team.. and he's only a sophomore! Good to see my genes landed somewhere. Later some Rome 2 where I'm busy cleaning-up the Med from all the Cartho-Trash infesting it and maybe DC Warsaw to Paris if I'm feeling strategic. Sunday is Football and wings. :D
Geepers, I'm off on a tangent. Rome II is as close as anyone seems to be to my current gaming.
Anyway. This weekend: WitpAE PBEM (raids!); BoS; Maybe some Rome II; Boardgame: Shattered Armada (the Spanish Civil War).
Hard to believe its time to watch the NY Jets lose again.
Quote from: Gusington on September 05, 2014, 09:40:00 AM
Hard to believe its time to watch the NY Jets lose again.
Jets games would be much better if Rex would pace the sidelines with a giant slice of pizza and a big gulp.
He does they just edit the food out. He also has an ample supply of female feet at the ready.
Well my plans to play Silent Hunter 5 are being thwarted by Ubi's damned Ubi Play crap.
Are you allowed to have Big Gulps in NY again(I know the Jets play in Jersey). If Ryan wants to tick-off Deblasio he should ride onto the field in a horse-drawn carriage, wearing a NYPD T-shirt while drinking a Big Gulp. Don't forget about the TB Buccs--- new coach, new players, same old losing.
Here is my standard gameplay -
:: Steelbeasts Pro w/ Dogs of War
:: Distant Worlds Universe - Star Trek Mod
:: Crusader Kings II
:: Europa Universalis IV
PE
Getting our VASSAL Blood Bowl league started. Will be building my team and hopefully get my season schedule. Finishing two pbem games that I currently have going. If anybody is interested in joining the league, or if you want some more info...PM me!!
Inspired by Anguille and the fact that I was able to pick up the all-inclusive Gold edition for £3.75 I'm giving Omerta: City of Gangsters a go, finished the tutorial and seem quite a fun game.
Probably also do a bit of TW Rome II and some more Strategic Command: Assault on Democracy
Gotta work all weekend so I'll mostly just be perusing the most recent Pride of Nations manual in my down time. Philippe from AGEOD was kind enough to email me the last version of it. Once I get the basics down, then it's time to colonize UCG's nether regions. I've got a whole regiment of lubricated Gusingtons (Gusintonii?) at the ready.
Mentioning that a Gusington's lubricated is redundant.
Well, if he becomes recalcitrant then we have to resort to the 341st Colonial Unlubricated Gusington Spelunking Regiment. Nobody wants that.
Medal of Honor Airborne. Never played it before. Bought it for a couple of bucks on steam, played a few hours and damn, I've missed this.
I love the original MOH series. Played it first on the playstation back in 2001. Very fond memories of stalking through the catacombs of occupied Paris.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fen%2Fe%2Fe9%2FMedal_of_Honor_%25281999_video_game%2529.png&hash=b8d7389ede80aaa04e926798828f9a9ce7182056)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.gamefaqs.net%2Fbox%2F1%2F2%2F5%2F10125_front.jpg&hash=fa3016d793d6252ed7af0354638f7e2892a12a83)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.gamefaqs.net%2Fbox%2F1%2F2%2F5%2F10125_back.jpg&hash=f4e3623b092cf1a3bb892573f98674ef620c74df)
Unlubricated?? Inconceivable.
Boardgaming this weekend. 5 buddies are descending on my place fer the weekend. Much beer and gaming. Mostly an epic game of AH's Advanced Civilization. Maybe some Road Kill Rally, Munchkin, Frag, Wings of War thrown in for light fillers.
Albion Prelude for sure. Not sure what else though...oh, probably some Noir Syndrome.
Also...boardgaming! It's my daughter's birthday and she's getting into boardgaming in a big way, so the "main" present she'll be opening tomorrow is Elder Sign. I can't wait to play that with her!
Quote from: Barthheart on September 05, 2014, 02:19:35 PM
Boardgaming this weekend. 5 buddies are descending on my place fer the weekend. Much beer and gaming. Mostly an epic game of AH's Advanced Civilization. Maybe some Road Kill Rally, Munchkin, Frag, Wings of War thrown in for light fillers.
Which reminds me - have you had chance to play 'Unconditional Surrender' yet?
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 05, 2014, 12:55:27 PM
Gotta work all weekend so I'll mostly just be perusing the most recent Pride of Nations manual in my down time. Philippe from AGEOD was kind enough to email me the last version of it. Once I get the basics down, then it's time to colonize UCG's nether regions. I've got a whole regiment of lubricated Gusingtons (Gusintonii?) at the ready.
Ready when you are, although there was no mention of gusingtons been inserted, oiled or not
Not sure. Father-in-law coming Sunday so I'm sure my wife will be tearing around the house, last-minute, trying to clean and scrub everything in preparation. Also he's bringing us a new puppy to go along with the two dogs we already have.
In my University days I saw Deacon Blue live. I wasn't that impressed to be honest. But I was more of a Sisters of Mercy fan.
Struggling to play some wargames these days, have too much action/rpg stuff on the go.
Diablo III at the moment, and desperately waiting on
Destiny. Shovelled some time into
Heroes and Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar on Steam. It seems to be about the abstracted level I'm willing to play mindlessly nowadays. Need to get my Grog back on methinks.
Jagged Alliance back in action...modded ..and check out the new build 7 days to die.
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 05, 2014, 04:24:05 PM
Ready when you are, although there was no mention of gusingtons been inserted, oiled or not
dont worry. they're small enough that the lube is optional.
Quote from: spelk on September 05, 2014, 05:06:32 PM
In my University days I saw Deacon Blue live. I wasn't that impressed to be honest. But I was more of a Sisters of Mercy fan.
Struggling to play some wargames these days, have too much action/rpg stuff on the go. Diablo III at the moment, and desperately waiting on Destiny. Shovelled some time into Heroes and Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar on Steam. It seems to be about the abstracted level I'm willing to play mindlessly nowadays. Need to get my Grog back on methinks.
lol - if you were into Sisters of Mercy then Deacon Blue would unlikely be your next fav band!
Mostly Rome 2 and Elite. I have an epic Civ5 campaign as Rome that I need to finish up as well.
Killing tanks (and jeeps) with Judge Dredd in PBEM CMRT.
Killing infantry with Panzerde in Prussia East Front. We just swapped isolation kills that resulted in more than 2,200 casualties.
And trying out "Space Runner" with my son who is into building heavily armed ships at the moment...shields would appear to be for the weak.
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Quote from: GJK on September 05, 2014, 11:42:57 AM
Getting our VASSAL Blood Bowl league started. Will be building my team and hopefully get my season schedule. Finishing two pbem games that I currently have going. If anybody is interested in joining the league, or if you want some more info...PM me!!
Have you ever played with FUMBBL? https://fumbbl.com/
For my weekend gaming:
Diablo III, and probably
Planetary Annihilation now that it is released. Also playing around some more with Steve Rostedt's ktest utility for the linux kernel, but that probably doesn't count. :)
Quote from: vyshka on September 05, 2014, 11:07:16 PM
Quote from: GJK on September 05, 2014, 11:42:57 AM
Getting our VASSAL Blood Bowl league started. Will be building my team and hopefully get my season schedule. Finishing two pbem games that I currently have going. If anybody is interested in joining the league, or if you want some more info...PM me!!
Have you ever played with FUMBBL? https://fumbbl.com/ (https://fumbbl.com/)
Yes. Not to knock what is a long time great asset to the Blood Bowl community, but mine is so much easier to use, looks tons better and can be played by email for when I don't have 2 hours to sit in front of the computer to play a full game.
I've gotten back into Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm multiplayer. X Rebirth 2.5 public beta is out...might give that a whirl.
Quote from: -budd- on September 05, 2014, 05:16:11 PM
Jagged Alliance back in action...modded ..and check out the new build 7 days to die.
What mods are you using for JA: BiA?
Yes I've been playing Farming Giant and yes it's fun and yes it's a hell of a complex economic simulator. I'd like to thank UCG and Huw for busting my balls with Steam tells as I was struggling to remember how to actually buy a tractor and truck.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2014, 08:00:29 AM
Quote from: -budd- on September 05, 2014, 05:16:11 PM
Jagged Alliance back in action...modded ..and check out the new build 7 days to die.
What mods are you using for JA: BiA?
I'd be interested in that too.
I've been busy so far with Field of Glory (multiplayer), Distant Worlds, and TOAW3.
I'll probably get in some Victory at Sea, Combat Mission (undecided which one yet), a bit of MTW2 and TEAW. If I have any time left I might just chill out with Sword of the Stars the Pit, or Ultimate General. 8)
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
Yes I've been playing Farming Giant and yes it's fun and yes it's a hell of a complex economic simulator. I'd like to thank UCG and Huw for busting my balls with Steam tells as I was struggling to remember how to actually buy a tractor and truck.
I did promise to keep it secret
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
I'd like to thank UCG and Huw for busting my balls with Steam tells as I was struggling to remember how to actually buy a tractor and truck.
I said what needed to be said.
Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 06, 2014, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 10:35:44 AM
I'd like to thank UCG and Huw for busting my balls with Steam tells as I was struggling to remember how to actually buy a tractor and truck.
I said what needed to be said.
FYI I haven't run into any major bugs or glitches so far beyond my own agricultural ignorance.
Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2014, 03:12:35 PM
FYI I haven't run into any major bugs or glitches so far beyond my own agricultural ignorance.
Oh really? That's good to hear. The developer has been pretty slated for it from what I've seen. Perhaps they managed to patch it up well.
Quote from: bob48 on September 05, 2014, 04:13:18 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 05, 2014, 02:19:35 PM
Boardgaming this weekend. 5 buddies are descending on my place fer the weekend. Much beer and gaming. Mostly an epic game of AH's Advanced Civilization. Maybe some Road Kill Rally, Munchkin, Frag, Wings of War thrown in for light fillers.
Which reminds me - have you had chance to play 'Unconditional Surrender' yet?
Yes ..... some. I had it set up and was starting the full campaign but then had to take it all down for this gaming weekend. I'll have another go soon and try to put a small game play AAR up here.
A mix of Rome II, FELH and FSX. Football starts today and gonna miss the first game, going to a Bday Party :-[
Spent most of my computer time yesterday with To End All Wars. It's unfortunate that the Tutorial and the small scenario are both of Tannenberg and both only seven turns long. I didn't learn very much. I read the entire manual and then chose the historical Grand Campaign. Talk about overwhelming! But I have confidence that I will get it under control.
Elite so far..... found a good trading triangle, I say found - I can't get past it without an upgrade to hauler which should be later today - docked in the middle of a massive space fight yesterday, awesome to watch
Sparta in Rome 2 later and the eradication of pontus but they're massive
just make sure you don't hit the station wall with your Hauler!
Admiring my massive Pontus again, are you?
I also fired up To End All Wars yesterday and only had time for two tutorial turns. Finally excited to start an AGEOD game after all these years. Hopefully I can summon the mental strength to stick with it, especially with all the other gaming candy floating around.
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 08:01:57 AM
Admiring my massive Pontus again, are you?
Always...... it's an impressive achievement
Seriously, I don't know how they start but they look to be spread all the way from Ephesus to the end of the map
Quote from: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 07:44:31 AM
Spent most of my computer time yesterday with To End All Wars. It's unfortunate that the Tutorial and the small scenario are both of Tannenberg and both only seven turns long. I didn't learn very much. I read the entire manual and then chose the historical Grand Campaign. Talk about overwhelming! But I have confidence that I will get it under control.
If it makes you feel any better I've been stuck on turn 3 of the grand campaign since I bought the game on day one. It's not that I don't know how to play, it's the information overload that fries my brain after only 10 minutes of pondering what to do and where everything is.
Honestly I think these wonderfully colourful maps are very distracting when trying to see the big picture. Even when you set the filter to show national ownership (which I don't think this game has actually) you still can't make heads or tails of where the borders and frontlines are. Those beautiful artworks on the map territories catch my eye for some reason and I can't stop staring at them. I'm getting old... :buck2:
Was just telling Kushan that I am going to learn this. I'm with Gus, I wanted to like the last AGEod game I tried, but it seemed like a LOT of work. For some reason, this conflict has caught my eye and I know I will go through with learning it.
FWIW W8, IIRC there is a national ownership overlay in To End All Wars. Pretty sure I fiddled with it yesterday.
I've been sick as a dog this past week (this is the first time since Monday I've felt less than utterly miserable), so I've had little energy for games til now.
I finally was able to play some more of my stalled Cardassian campaign in Birth of the Federation this morning. In addition, thanks to airboy's glowing (http://grogheads.com/?p=5827) review (http://grogheads.com/?p=5887), I'm feeling inspired to get in a little time with Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes whilst simultaneously watching the Vikings game this afternoon. :)
^What's wrong with you? Feel better. My allergies are kicking up again today after a very hot day of drill yesterday.
After I edited Airboy's very good review I quickly bought some DLC for the copy of FE you got for me and moved it way up in my to-game queue.
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
^What's wrong with you? Feel better. My allergies are kicking up again today after a very hot day of drill yesterday.
I'm pretty sure it's just a cold (albeit a real bitch of a one), with maybe a touch of bronchitis thrown in. I come down with something every year around this time.
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
After I edited Airboy's very good review I quickly bought some DLC for the copy of FE you got for me and moved it way up in my to-game queue.
Which DLC did you get? I still haven't gotten around to picking up any yet, but I keep thinking I should.
Quote from: Martok on September 07, 2014, 02:44:30 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
^What's wrong with you? Feel better. My allergies are kicking up again today after a very hot day of drill yesterday.
I'm pretty sure it's just a cold (albeit a real bitch of a one), with maybe a touch of bronchitis thrown in. I come down with something every year around this time.
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 01:25:20 PM
After I edited Airboy's very good review I quickly bought some DLC for the copy of FE you got for me and moved it way up in my to-game queue.
Which DLC did you get? I still haven't gotten around to picking up any yet, but I keep thinking I should.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fmle.mymiddleearth.com%2Ffiles%2F2013%2F07%2Faint-nobody-got-time-for-that.png&hash=7fbfde317fe6c2bfb432c30231720cebb2547f63)
Quote from: Martok on September 07, 2014, 12:47:25 PM
I've been sick as a dog this past week (this is the first time since Monday I've felt less than utterly miserable), so I've had little energy for games til now.
:(
Sorry to hear that Martok. Get better soon!
Man alive, I seem to have the whole day to myself and I can't figure out what to play! I hate when that happens! :tickedoff:
Ok, I need to focus, get off the damn forums, and figure this out. STAT! :-\
Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 07, 2014, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: Martok on September 07, 2014, 12:47:25 PM
I've been sick as a dog this past week (this is the first time since Monday I've felt less than utterly miserable), so I've had little energy for games til now.
:(
Sorry to hear that Martok. Get better soon!
Thanks
Huw. Working on it. :)
Quote from: Toonces on September 07, 2014, 03:43:38 PM
Man alive, I seem to have the whole day to myself and I can't figure out what to play! I hate when that happens! :tickedoff:
Ok, I need to focus, get off the damn forums, and figure this out. STAT! :-\
I find this is often a good time to spend time with a game I haven't played much yet, but have wanted to get into.
I got the heroes pack, the loot pack and the dead world pack for FE.
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 12:17:06 PM
FWIW W8, IIRC there is a national ownership overlay in To End All Wars. Pretty sure I fiddled with it yesterday.
Thanks for the tip. I found the button that turns this layer on and boy am I able to see clearly now.
Quote from: W8taminute on September 08, 2014, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2014, 12:17:06 PM
FWIW W8, IIRC there is a national ownership overlay in To End All Wars. Pretty sure I fiddled with it yesterday.
Thanks for the tip. I found the button that turns this layer on and boy am I able to see clearly now.
Post a screenie here of what you are talking about and how you did it. In case I am missing something.
On my phone right now so no screenie but IIRC all of the overlay options are on a small bar at the lower right of the screen.
Pontus offered a peace deal as soon as i booted up the campaign - ill take that as i want to go west although the full campaign objectives say all that land needs to be Spartan
took Knossos to unite the Helenic states of Athens, Sparta, Knossos
I now have 4 main armies marching north to take Getea then i border Rome for real
What happened to Macedon?
athens wiped majority of their forces taking Pella from them, i walked round the back and took the rest and then kicked Athens out of Pella - tis all sparta from sparta to Ephesus on the other coast, stopped at Side in the east and currently heading on up to Etruscan League, i have 23 provinces so far
may be a no brainer for others but ive just discovered the difference between offense and defense - the spartan pikemen will stop dead any force in its tracks but it has real difficulty actually killing those forces. The agora veterans and spartan blades on the other hand are mindless killing machines but crap on defense. Case in point i had 2 sieges yesterday, the first one i scaled the walls with pikemen who climb up but cant go anywhere and they cant make gaps to get other troops in behind the defenders - almost lost that battle. This was my first fight against a good sized band of missile troops, athens, macedonia and pontus have all been about the spears but the getea are definitely more swords and slingers and they wittled the pikemen down to nothing in some cases
battle 2 i sent the swordsmen up the ladders first, total carnage, broke a vastly superior defense within minutes and then let the pikemen come in to slowly trample the survivors
im tempted to go full on swords with melee bonuses from the generals because watching them hack through everything but cavalry was great - and i have spartan royal horses for that
still learning, and still a great game
So in the sieges it sounds like you are getting more gooder AI behavior, eh?
get a room.. or move this to the Rome II thread!!! :crazy2: lol. or do I have the wrong game?
Quote from: Tuna on September 09, 2014, 03:25:36 PM
get a room.. or move this to the Rome II thread!!! :crazy2: lol. or do I have the wrong game?
;D
Quote from: Gusington on September 09, 2014, 08:12:21 AM
On my phone right now so no screenie but IIRC all of the overlay options are on a small bar at the lower right of the screen.
I should have been more specific. I directed my request at W8. I've used the overlay buttons, but, by yours and W8's statements, it sounded like you found an overlay that gives a good idea of who owns what and some delineations of territory that are worth looking at. The overlays I have used don't tell me much of anything. And I'm pretty sure what you guys are talking about is something I have already seen and dismissed. But, I can hope ;)
Hi MD,
Last night I uploaded a screenshot on STEAM but after reading your post above I realize it does not answer your question. Let me try to post what you want later on today/tonight. You want to click on the map overlay button that is on the extreme left hand side of the overlay buttons. It looks like a silhouette of a officer.
This button colors all of the provinces with a shade that corresponds to the nation who owns/controls it. That overlay makes the map look like a Rand McNally atlas with the nations clearly defined.
MD and anyone else who's interested:
Check out my activity status on Steam. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots that illustrate the power of the 'military map overlay' in TEAW.