GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on September 11, 2014, 01:39:57 PM

Title: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: gameleaper on September 11, 2014, 01:39:57 PM
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkgae1z08077b4r/HexGun07.zip?dl=0

Hi The above link is for HexGun and rebrand of Fight4Flags, its completed! I dought you will see a link or info on it again for some time. its a retro Hex and chit wargame, its free! its generic so you can build your own game very easy.

This is a last ditch effort to give you what seems to be an uphill battle to give away! its not got bells and whistles like your modern battlefront game, it reminds me of old skool hex&chit wargames. My games are unusual because they work different from normal.

there are so many updates to this I cant remember what Ive done, but If you want it its yours
Title: Re: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: Huw the Poo on September 11, 2014, 02:27:24 PM
Congratulations on your release, gameleaper!  Is it Linux compatible?
Title: Re: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: gameleaper on September 11, 2014, 02:44:50 PM
Hi, Not Linux yet(its only PC and MacOSX), I will  have to install a Linux Box and then compile it, I think in the future though as my PCs are doing important jobs at the moment. Thanks for your interest
Title: Re: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: Boggit on September 11, 2014, 03:36:05 PM
I've downloaded, but with my schedule I don't know when I'll get around to playing it. I'd like to thank you though for your gift to the community. It's very considerate of you. I hope more people take up your kind offer. :coolsmiley: O0
Title: Re: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: Huw the Poo on September 11, 2014, 04:12:23 PM
Since you aren't asking for money anyway, why not open-source it and work with the wargaming community to make it even bigger and better?
Title: Re: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: gameleaper on September 11, 2014, 05:07:46 PM
Thanks boggit for downloading and keeping a copy for future , hope you like it.

Huw, I open source some games but not others, because some games have very important functions, used in games I may get to sell in the future, probably not but you never know :)

Title: Re: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: Huw the Poo on September 11, 2014, 05:31:56 PM
Fair enough mate.  Let me know when your first Linux game is released. ;)
Title: Re: Last Gasp of a wargame you can have for free
Post by: gameleaper on September 11, 2014, 05:33:43 PM
sure thing, I like LINUX too