GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: tgb on September 12, 2014, 01:32:49 AM

Title: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: tgb on September 12, 2014, 01:32:49 AM
Because I finally get to start the thread with one of my favorite tracks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhnE9-tRpxI)

Anyway, I will be digging into Endless Legend, learning how to play WWI:CE, and soing some more beta testing of Sovereignty

Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Huw the Poo on September 12, 2014, 02:03:29 AM
Almost certainly some Albion Prelude.  I did recently acquire Avadon: The Black Fortress so I may well give that a go too.

Happily, my daughter loved the Elder Sign board game she received for her birthday, so we'll be playing lots more of that this weekend. :)
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 12, 2014, 02:36:30 AM
Some turns of Pride of Nations PBEM.  Some Xenonauts,  some Shogun 2, and I'm having fun playing Friday Night at the Inventory Poker.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: undercovergeek on September 12, 2014, 04:28:26 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 12, 2014, 02:36:30 AM
Some turns of Pride of Nations PBEM.  Some Xenonauts,  some Shogun 2, and I'm having fun playing Friday Night at the Inventory Poker.

Pride of Nations PBEM with SDR and Tuna

Elite, starting to enjoy the benefits of my hauler

Rome II Sparta

and hopefully some Endless Legend

have a great weekend everyone
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 12, 2014, 05:02:14 AM
pbem with Cyrano in Red Thunder (if he gets his finger out!  ;) )

Maybe get the strength to restart my money grabbing in Elite:Dangerous (I am back to a Sidewinder and 2000 credits  >:( because I was stoopid  :uglystupid2:)

I might have a wee dig back into my F1 2013 career which went by the wayside some time ago. I was over half way through...I don't know why I stopped - but I should get bac to it.

If I can - Steel Beasts Pro. The problem really is getting the amount of time required to play. From start to finish of a mission can take anything from and hour...add to that getting setup, chat, play and chat extends it to the point where my omission from the family is being noticed...so getting that time at any one time is difficult. But I'll try harder...so maybe that this weekend.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Shelldrake on September 12, 2014, 05:09:19 AM
Some more beta testing and start a campaign in Wargame Red Dragon, which to date I have only played skirmishes and some multiplayer.

And yes, Friday is definitely a happy day!
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: bbmike on September 12, 2014, 05:21:36 AM
If I play anything this weekend I will continue my Civilization 4 BTS WWI AAR. It's long overdue for an update.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Barthheart on September 12, 2014, 06:49:54 AM
Flying home from Vancouver today.

Finishing a review for Brant which will probably take most of the weekend.....  :P
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 07:08:20 AM
Moving on in Thief afte being stuck for a while because I couldn't spot a stupid button in the wall :/

More tutorial of To End All Wars, perhaps some WOFF, and, if I dare, some Endless Legend...very excited for that.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Shelldrake on September 12, 2014, 07:14:09 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 12, 2014, 06:49:54 AM
Flying home from Vancouver today.

Finishing a review for Brant which will probably take most of the weekend.....  :P

Safe travels! Looking forward to that review.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: MengJiao on September 12, 2014, 08:32:43 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 12, 2014, 04:28:26 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 12, 2014, 02:36:30 AM
Some turns of Pride of Nations PBEM.  Some Xenonauts,  some Shogun 2, and I'm having fun playing Friday Night at the Inventory Poker.

Pride of Nations PBEM with SDR and Tuna

Elite, starting to enjoy the benefits of my hauler

Rome II Sparta

and hopefully some Endless Legend

have a great weekend everyone

  Maybe some Rome II.  Definitely some WitPAE PBEM.  Some BoS.  Maybe a run through of the chain of incidents during the Spanish Civil war when the Republicans accidently bombed the Deutschelande.  They could have finished her off with some destroyers, but they decided not to.  Which was somewhat pointless since the Graf Spee bombarded Valencia anyway.  In hindsight, the Republicans could have sunk the Deuetschland and the Graf Spee and it is hard to see how they would have been worse off since U-boats were already trying to sink their ships and the Condor Legion was already bombing them etc..  So maybe a run-through of the scenario in Shattered Armada will clarify the Republican options.  Maybe the Vildebeests will see some action too.  Or maybe something else.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Asid on September 12, 2014, 08:35:43 AM
Steel Beasts Pro

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSteel%2520Beasts%2520Pro%2F1_zps54560fc5.jpg&hash=4ed0c4a2a0626329c3cc8fdf0019728a54ce26c7)
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Kushan on September 12, 2014, 09:02:49 AM
I'm going to lay low and take a break from anything heavy this weekend. Everything I play lately just seems to frustrate and piss me off.

Demon and undead smashing in Diablo 3 and Command scenario design will more then likely take up most of my weekend. I've got some YouTube LP's and reading I need to catch up on as well.

Continue counting down the days until Wasteland 2 officially launches next Friday.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Sir Slash on September 12, 2014, 09:28:06 AM
I'm battling the Nervi in Rome 2 and Weeds in the backyard. Both very tough opponents who specialize in camouflage and ambush tactics and will quickly spread out of control. Chemical warfare for both along with a helping of Bee-Hive Ballistas to finish the job. Losses could be high and so alcohol has been stockpiled for treatment... internal and external. ::)
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: WallysWorld on September 12, 2014, 09:37:11 AM
Just started my first PBEM for CRMT.

Getting back into Panzer Corps and playing the 1939 campaign addon.

I also tried the Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 demo and liked it so I bought the game while it was on sale.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 10:28:26 AM
Im about to launch my invasion of Russia, South East Europe, Turkey and the Middle East in MH:TGW.  by 1915 I had already knocked Germany and its allies out of existence, taken most of Africa an let India run rampant in its sphere of influence.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Rayfer on September 12, 2014, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 10:28:26 AM
Im about to launch my invasion of Russia, South East Europe, Turkey and the Middle East in MH:TGW.  by 1915 I had already knocked Germany and its allies out of existence, taken most of Africa an let India run rampant in its sphere of influence.

Playing as which country?
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Rayfer on September 12, 2014, 11:51:17 AM
Plodding through the tutorials on WWI:CE....quite a deep game, lots to learn.  May go back to Making History: The Great War for awhile, it's a much easier experience....and it's fun too.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 11:57:57 AM
the current campaign is being played as the British.
overall resistance was much lowered by a global rash of religious uprisings.  for reasons I dont know the US at some point declared war on me.  after trashing its Atlantic fleet with battlecruisers I was about to invade when the 2nd US Civil War broke out.  so I landed the troops in Canada where they are now impregnating Canadistanian women and drinking their beer.  O0
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: sandman2575 on September 12, 2014, 12:05:57 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 12, 2014, 11:51:17 AM
Plodding through the tutorials on WWI:CE....quite a deep game, lots to learn.  May go back to Making History: The Great War for awhile, it's a much easier experience....and it's fun too.

Regarding CE (or WWIGold for that matter) -- don't be discouraged by the Tannenberg tutorial/scenario. The scenario is *terrible* as an introduction to the game. I've honestly had an easier time capturing Paris in 1914 as the CP in the full campaign than I have defeating the 1st and 2nd Russian armies in that small scenario, which 95% of the time just winds up a draw.  I'm sure what Hindenburg and Ludendorff pulled off at Tannenberg was anything but easy, and for better and worse, the scenario reflects that.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Sir Slash on September 12, 2014, 12:08:11 PM
Damn Star. Is impregnating women in that game? Or is this the "Starfury" mod? ;)
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: sandman2575 on September 12, 2014, 12:11:24 PM
Spending most of my time these days with Wings Over Flanders Fields. With the self-shadowing DX9 mod and SweetFX, the game looks incredibly good, nearly as nice as Rise of Flight. And the dogfights in WOFF!  Vs. AI in RoF, I nearly always feel like I'm in control of the situation.  In WOFF, AI is a completely different (and far more dangerous) beast. Fantastic game.

Am itchin' to start up some kind of campaign in either EUIV or CKII...we'll see...
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: PanzersEast on September 12, 2014, 12:18:03 PM
Playing SteelBeasts with DOW

May process some turns/time with EU IV and CK 2... after that who knows.  Maybe some FE:LH, Endless Legend or RimWorld etc.... I have been flying in DCS with the A-10 doing CAS.... relearning the game.


PE
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Rayfer on September 12, 2014, 12:18:50 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 12, 2014, 12:05:57 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 12, 2014, 11:51:17 AM
Plodding through the tutorials on WWI:CE....quite a deep game, lots to learn.  May go back to Making History: The Great War for awhile, it's a much easier experience....and it's fun too.

Regarding CE (or WWIGold for that matter) -- don't be discouraged by the Tannenberg tutorial/scenario. The scenario is *terrible* as an introduction to the game. I've honestly had an easier time capturing Paris in 1914 as the CP in the full campaign than I have defeating the 1st and 2nd Russian armies in that small scenario, which 95% of the time just winds up a draw.  I'm sure what Hindenburg and Ludendorff pulled off at Tannenberg was anything but easy, and for better and worse, the scenario reflects that.

Thanks for the encouragement! The tutorial itself has you attacking the Germans and you get crushed! But it's only the tutorial, not the actual game. I like the battle set up, with placing units in flanks, deployed, rear, reserves, breakthrough planning, etc.  A lot of depth.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: endfire79 on September 12, 2014, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 12, 2014, 12:11:24 PM

Am itchin' to start up some kind of campaign in either EUIV or CKII...we'll see...

Good stuff.  I'm at year 1241 AD in CKII and bracing for the fallout from the Mongols in Europe, hoping to pick up some spoils while in safe Southern Italy.

I'll be in EUIV a bit, trying out this newfandangled system.  I like the new way you can post diplomats to countries to improve relations over time, and the diplomatic/admin/military points system. 

Warning: this might involve some colonization and definitely some Reformation & Counter-Reformation.
Started watching a bit of that old movie 'The Last Valley' to get in the mood.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: sandman2575 on September 12, 2014, 12:51:23 PM
I think CKII is a masterpiece of a game -- Pdox's best to date -- but I haven't been able to get into EUIV with anything like the love I have for CKII.  I feel I should give EUIV one more serious go, even though it is the 'best genocide simulator of the year'  :crazy2: ...
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Ian C on September 12, 2014, 12:54:26 PM
Playing Fable Anniversary, just out on steam for PC. (Fable Remastered). Nice little fantasy game. Loved the original.
Graphics comparison between original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX8ugxA-F94



Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 01:08:36 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 12, 2014, 12:08:11 PM
Damn Star. Is impregnating women in that game? Or is this the "Starfury" mod? ;)

Ive got 183 divisions just sitting in New Brunswick waiting for me to pull the trigger.  they sure as hell aint tossing a frisbee around.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Toonces on September 12, 2014, 01:13:32 PM
So many choices....   :(
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: endfire79 on September 12, 2014, 01:28:12 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 01:08:36 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 12, 2014, 12:08:11 PM
Damn Star. Is impregnating women in that game? Or is this the "Starfury" mod? ;)

Ive got 183 divisions just sitting in New Brunswick waiting for me to pull the trigger.  they sure as hell aint tossing a frisbee around.

Neubie Divisions - you mean they aren't  just on the pogey?  (stay away from Burnt Church reservation, smells like Holy Smoke!)  ;D
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Mr. Bigglesworth on September 12, 2014, 01:56:50 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manteresting.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Ffield%2Fimage%2Fnail%2F2014%2FSep%2F12%2F3f630cbe584311465f25f643b1acd004_0.jpgitokehr5iudi&hash=4e4b7674b338de80187e425bb1f1eaf59960fc0b)
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 02:16:07 PM
That sums it all up well.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Huw the Poo on September 12, 2014, 02:49:22 PM
I'm also going to try Strife since it's just entered open beta and has a native 64-bit Linux client.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Nefaro on September 12, 2014, 02:51:39 PM
Quote from: sandman2575 on September 12, 2014, 12:11:24 PM
Spending most of my time these days with Wings Over Flanders Fields. With the self-shadowing DX9 mod and SweetFX, the game looks incredibly good, nearly as nice as Rise of Flight. And the dogfights in WOFF!  Vs. AI in RoF, I nearly always feel like I'm in control of the situation.  In WOFF, AI is a completely different (and far more dangerous) beast. Fantastic game.


I've been getting the itch to play WOFF again too.  I've already put more time into it than all other flight sims in the past fifteen years combined.  Was hoping to see the Zeppelin/Bomber expansion before long.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: steve58 on September 12, 2014, 03:56:29 PM
Not sure, was going to get into Worlds of Magic, but right now its not much fun with enemy units spamming my city almost from the get-go, so maybe Making History The Great War or even World War 1 Centennial Edition since I need to grab that shortly...
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Martok on September 12, 2014, 03:59:14 PM
Hope to play some combination of the following (and as always, I'll be lucky if I end up spending time with even half of these):  The Sovereignty beta, Distant Worlds: Universe, Rome II, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Birth of the Federation, and/or Commander: The Great War. 




Quote from: Sir Slash on September 12, 2014, 09:28:06 AM
I'm battling the Nervi in Rome 2 and Weeds in the backyard. Both very tough opponents who specialize in camouflage and ambush tactics and will quickly spread out of control. Chemical warfare for both along with a helping of Bee-Hive Ballistas to finish the job. Losses could be high and so alcohol has been stockpiled for treatment... internal and external. ::)
LOL.  Good luck to both! 




Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on September 12, 2014, 01:56:50 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manteresting.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Ffield%2Fimage%2Fnail%2F2014%2FSep%2F12%2F3f630cbe584311465f25f643b1acd004_0.jpgitokehr5iudi&hash=4e4b7674b338de80187e425bb1f1eaf59960fc0b)
Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 02:16:07 PM
That sums it all up well.
I wish.  Some of us only get weekends off when we specifically request it.  :( 

Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: bbmike on September 12, 2014, 04:56:50 PM
Quote from: Toonces on September 12, 2014, 01:13:32 PM
So many choices....   :(

I agree, but enjoy it! I remember a time when we lived in a strategy game desert! (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fold.gif&hash=84795a126d2d2ae2464dec70f5c4a071b21b8caa)
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Tuna on September 12, 2014, 07:38:27 PM
Playing PON with SDR and UCG. Maybe some Rome II, maybe some flights..
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:31:47 PM
Way to bring the room down Martok!

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Bison on September 12, 2014, 08:32:21 PM
I spent my Friday evening watching youtube.  I mostly news bloopers, old Maddox videos, and how to grow aquarium plants.  I really need to find a game that holds my attention for more than 5 seconds before I begin thinking why the hell am I playing this?  It's not even fun.  Gaming doldrums suck.

Anyway I found this one particularly funny:
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:33:03 PM
^Jeez and I thought Martok brought the room down.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Bison on September 12, 2014, 09:11:07 PM
It's funny if you have a few minutes of life or possibly work to waste...



Don't judge me people!
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2014, 09:24:04 PM
one of the best South Park episodes ever.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Staggerwing on September 12, 2014, 09:46:50 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:31:47 PM
Way to bring the room down Martok!

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.

Wait, what!?! Crewable?
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Toonces on September 12, 2014, 11:02:35 PM
So far it's just been testing some campaign files in BMS Falcon that I'm designing.  I'm about ready to move on to something else...maybe CMANO or M2TW.

I've been considering starting up a new campaign, either vanilla or the Britannia campaign for a while.  I can't believe I've never finished either of them!

I'm also looking at playing some more Mount and Blade: Warband.  I'm a big fan of the cRPG mod, even though I totally suck at it.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Pinetree on September 13, 2014, 01:13:04 AM
I'm working tonight but I'll also do some work on my West Berlin map for FCRS and maybe have a quick blat on Arma3.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: KyzBP on September 13, 2014, 07:23:20 AM
Somewhere between watching kids play soccer and watching my fantasy football team dominate Wild E's Coyotes in the Groghead Pro League I'll be preparing for the inaugural season of the Groghead Vassal Blood Bowl League (http://vabbl.org/wordpress) by playing some Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Nefaro on September 13, 2014, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:31:47 PM

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.

Yes!

Looking forward to shooting some of the big targets down in the future.  8)  Or just getting shot in the face by the very capable enemy gunners.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Bison on September 13, 2014, 11:45:45 AM
Broke through the complete gaming stagnation with some Diablo 3 and replayed AJE the tutorial.  Frankly the AJE tutorial pissed me off because it reminded me that Ageod broke away from the original intent of the AJE series to have basically battle/era packs that you could buy and add to a SINGLE base game.  Instead they adopted the development of multiple base games using multiple installs to play, which still annoys me and was not really made better by the patch to play other BOR and whatnot scenarios from the base AJE game if they have their own install on your hard drive.  Not to mention my pre-order serial number is NOT recognized by Slitherine or Matrix as a valid serial number which will result in several emails to hopefully correct.  Why Ageod do you torment me so?
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Bison on September 13, 2014, 11:48:05 AM
Of course that reminded me of a classic gaming track...
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: endfire79 on September 13, 2014, 11:48:11 AM
Quote from: Bison on September 13, 2014, 11:45:45 AM
Broke through the complete gaming stagnation with some Diablo 3 and replayed AJE the tutorial.  Frankly the AJE tutorial pissed me off because it reminded me that Ageod broke away from the original intent of the AJE series to have basically battle/era packs that you could buy and add to a SINGLE base game.  Instead they adopted the development of multiple base games using multiple installs to play, which still annoys me and was not really made better by the patch to play other BOR and whatnot scenarios from the base AJE game if they have their own install on your hard drive.  Not to mention my pre-order serial number is NOT recognized by Slitherine or Matrix as a valid serial number which will result in several emails to hopefully correct.  Why Ageod do you torment me so?

Were you planning to go as Caesar or Pompey?
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Bison on September 13, 2014, 11:50:45 AM
I played as Caesar, which is the side the tutorial is built to play as.  I like AJE, but the breaking up of the game series is what annoys me.  Pre-orders got the Spartacus scenario as part of being an early adopter, which if I had to reinstall would take more emails to get from Ageod. 
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: endfire79 on September 13, 2014, 11:56:49 AM
Sounds like a painful process  :(

The Nameless One would also grunt his approval!
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 13, 2014, 12:23:30 PM
Unboxed Fire in the Lake and have been reading the rules...a very interesting read too. Hope to get this to the table soon. But I want to get another B29 mission in at the start of next week sometime. Wanted to buy Banner Saga but got too busy and missed the sale...  :'(
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: PanzersEast on September 13, 2014, 01:31:31 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 13, 2014, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 12, 2014, 08:31:47 PM

Nefaro did you get the email from the WOFF developers about a week ago? The zeppelin pack is imminent, hopefully by the end of the year.

Yes!

Looking forward to shooting some of the big targets down in the future.  8)  Or just getting shot in the face by the very capable enemy gunners.


I would pick up WOFF but I don't have Combat Flight Simulator 3.  ::)

PE
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Gusington on September 13, 2014, 01:32:18 PM
^A copy on DVD should be available at Amazon for ~10.00.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Nefaro on September 13, 2014, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2014, 01:32:18 PM
^A copy on DVD should be available at Amazon for ~10.00.

I got a CD-ROM version for about $8 from Amazon IIRC.  WOFF runs without the need for it, after installing CFS3.   Ain't nuthin but a G-spot, baby!
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Gusington on September 13, 2014, 08:40:36 PM
Isn't it the DVD version that runs without the disk?
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Nefaro on September 13, 2014, 10:18:21 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 13, 2014, 08:40:36 PM
Isn't it the DVD version that runs without the disk?

They both do.  You just need to have CFS3 installed on your hard drive.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Gusington on September 14, 2014, 06:50:53 AM
The older copies of CFS3 on CD needed the CD in the drive, I thought.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: Nefaro on September 14, 2014, 08:21:04 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 14, 2014, 06:50:53 AM
The older copies of CFS3 on CD needed the CD in the drive, I thought.

WOFF doesn't require it.  I've played it since release without my CFS3 CD-ROM in the drive. 

I just installed CFS3 on my hard drive.  Evidently that's good enough to use WOFF.
Title: Re: Friday Is A Happy Day
Post by: MengJiao on September 15, 2014, 09:24:07 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 12, 2014, 08:32:43 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 12, 2014, 04:28:26 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 12, 2014, 02:36:30 AM
Some turns of Pride of Nations PBEM.  Some Xenonauts,  some Shogun 2, and I'm having fun playing Friday Night at the Inventory Poker.

Pride of Nations PBEM with SDR and Tuna

Elite, starting to enjoy the benefits of my hauler

Rome II Sparta

and hopefully some Endless Legend

have a great weekend everyone

  Maybe some Rome II.  Definitely some WitPAE PBEM.  Some BoS.  Maybe a run through of the chain of incidents during the Spanish Civil war when the Republicans accidently bombed the Deutschelande.  They could have finished her off with some destroyers, but they decided not to.  Which was somewhat pointless since the Graf Spee bombarded Valencia anyway.  In hindsight, the Republicans could have sunk the Deuetschland and the Graf Spee and it is hard to see how they would have been worse off since U-boats were already trying to sink their ships and the Condor Legion was already bombing them etc..  So maybe a run-through of the scenario in Shattered Armada will clarify the Republican options.  Maybe the Vildebeests will see some action too.  Or maybe something else.

  But what really happened?  No BoS.  Lots of WitPAE PBEM.  Some Rome II and the Deutschland is holding on in Shattered Armada.