GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: steve58 on September 12, 2014, 01:28:54 PM

Title: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: steve58 on September 12, 2014, 01:28:54 PM
Saw this mentioned over on another site...have to say that the space combat looks interesting.  Theres a 665MB demo (aka playable Alpha for Win32/MacOSX).  Currently downloading, but its a slow download.  Link to the demo is in the following game Q&A at eXplorminate...

Quote
Q: How is Remember Tomorrow different than other 4X's?

A: RT is primarily the game about space ships and space battles. There is interesting economical part, well developed politics, unique science system, etc, but I spend the most of my time working on tactical combat and ship design and I hope I managed to build a well-balanced system when there is no "ultimate ship". Instead the winning strategy is to construct a balanced fleet where capital ships use their heavy weapons to destroy big enemy ships, fighters and destroyers protect them from attacks of small torpedo shuttles, carriers transport small ships to the battlefield and recharge them, etc.
...
http://www.explorminate.com/#!Galaxia-Remember-Tomorrow-QA/c15kj/045844A8-E1B1-45E9-BBAD-286F85473E56



Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: Martok on September 12, 2014, 03:36:17 PM
I saw that as well.  It looks very rough around the edges right now, but it still looks like one to keep an eye on. 
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: goldsboro on September 14, 2014, 10:10:18 AM
I used to play it for a while already - it appeared in Russian-speaking forums about a year ago.

Now it is fairly complete and well polished, definitely recommend.
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: jomni on September 14, 2014, 08:04:05 PM
I thought it was a remake of this game.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fen%2F5%2F5f%2FGalaxian_flyer.jpg&hash=473897693e52055ff448f8c35dc07fc80f5c7e23)
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: Martok on September 17, 2014, 06:47:27 AM
You get a chance to play the demo yet, steve?  Just curious. 




Quote from: goldsboro on September 14, 2014, 10:10:18 AM
I used to play it for a while already - it appeared in Russian-speaking forums about a year ago.

Now it is fairly complete and well polished, definitely recommend.
Good to know goldsboro, thanks. 

Welcome to Grogheads, btw!  :) 

Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: steve58 on September 17, 2014, 07:32:44 AM
@Martok -- no, not yet. Downloaded, but haven't loaded or fired it up yet due to RL interfering.  Hopefully I'll have a bit of time this weekend.
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: goldsboro on September 29, 2014, 04:24:24 AM
BTW, there is quite intensive discussion of the game (and and players feedback) at Bay12 forums:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142966.msg5618365#msg5618365
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: panzerde on September 29, 2014, 04:46:12 PM
Is this a Russian developer?
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: goldsboro on September 29, 2014, 11:02:26 PM
Quote from: panzerde on September 29, 2014, 04:46:12 PM
Is this a Russian developer?

He is from Moldova (a really small country between Romania and Ukraine).
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: RedArgo on September 30, 2014, 07:31:58 AM
I downloaded the demo and played for about 1/2 hour last night.

The game is pausable real time on both the strategic screen and combat screen. 

I didn't have any stability problems in the short time I played.

I made it through most of the strategic tutorial before the tutorial locked up on me, but I was able to just keep playing without the tutorial.  First glance says the economy, research, diplomacy, ship design are as deep as the space 4x games I've played, like MOO2, Armada 2526, ect.

For ship design you have a diagram of a ship and then you place components on it.  It looks like there can be multiple decks, like Space Empires V.  I don't know if there are firing arcs or many other details since I didn't get through this part of the tutorial.

I didn't do the combat tutorial yet, so in the one battle I played, I didn't know what was going on.  A bunch of my fighters engaged a bunch of enemy fighters and wiped them out.

Overall, I plan on spending some more time with this and trying to learn how to play better to see how good, or not, it is.
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: goldsboro on September 30, 2014, 08:03:01 AM
Quote from: RedArgo on September 30, 2014, 07:31:58 AM
Overall, I plan on spending some more time with this and trying to learn how to play better to see how good, or not, it is.
As an advise from an experienced play tester :) - when you start a campaign, start with Spiral Type Sb, or Spiral Type Sa scenario. Also Hard game set is really "Hard" and you can easily lose, so without experience it is better to start on Normal - easy gives too big handicap to the player for my liking.
Title: Re: Galaxia Remember Tomorrow
Post by: RedArgo on September 30, 2014, 08:33:01 AM
Thanks Goldsboro, I'll give that a shot.