Okay, if you're like me and grew up in the 70's and watched Soylent Green or even read Make Room! Make Room! by Harrison, you have to look at this article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/pros-and-cons-of-soylent/2014/09/16/09411d3c-386b-11e4-8601-97ba88884ffd_story.html) and think why would you name your product that and why would think I would ever want try it? :o
Looks delicious. I'd almost rather have the movie version.
What a truly bizarre name for a food product. :o
Maybe it's time for a remake of the movie so people really understand the meaning behind it.
Quote from: bbmike on September 17, 2014, 07:34:34 AM
Okay, if you're like me and grew up in the 70's and watched Soylent Green or even read Make Room! Make Room! by Harrison, you have to look at this article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/pros-and-cons-of-soylent/2014/09/16/09411d3c-386b-11e4-8601-97ba88884ffd_story.html) and think why would you name your product that and why would think I would ever want try it? :o
Well, apparently it was created by a computer programmer who didn't want to be bothered with cooking for himself.
He named it after the book as was so named because "the book ponders the impact of excessive population growth on food availability."
Given what we know about this guy, I don't think he's a much risk of adding to the growth of the planet's population.
Anyone naming a consumable product Soylent deserves to go broke.