GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: spelk on September 18, 2014, 10:23:56 AM

Title: Russian Front
Post by: spelk on September 18, 2014, 10:23:56 AM
https://www.huntedcow.com/game/russian-front

This is a budget PC game from Hunted Cow, but also mobile platforms.

Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2014, 10:27:26 AM
How many times can you make the same game?

They have Eastern Front 41, Eastern Front 42, Eastern Front 43, Eastern Front 44, Eastern Front 45 and now Russian Front.  What's next? Russian Front 41?

Talk about milking a theater.
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: sandman2575 on September 18, 2014, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2014, 10:27:26 AM
Talk about milking a theater.

Well, it is from Hunted Cow after all.  (*ba-dum-cha*  Thank you, thank you, I'll be appearing all week...)
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: mirth on September 18, 2014, 10:43:10 AM
East Front has a lot of beef to it.
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2014, 10:45:09 AM
This thread is quickly on its way out to pasture.
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 18, 2014, 11:07:01 AM
aaaaaaannnd...  we might have a copy or two to give away to some lucky grogs out there :)

Stay tuned for later this afternoon!
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: Toonces on September 18, 2014, 11:48:53 AM
Farming out a few copies might generate some interest in the title.
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 18, 2014, 12:20:37 PM
Go win your own copy!

https://www.facebook.com/GrogHeads/posts/954155267931812
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2014, 02:00:48 PM
What udder rubbish!  :)
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 18, 2014, 03:41:05 PM
First copy is spoken for.

But who know - maybe we'll give away another one tomorrow!  ;)
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: TacticalWargames on September 18, 2014, 06:23:08 PM
I have my doubts about Hunted Cow as I said in a previous thread about Decision Games buying them. There are some Decision games board games I'd like to see converted but worry about it being in HC's hands.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11169.0 (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11169.0)


Seem to knock out tablet games or browser based ones and nothing with any substance from what I can see.
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 18, 2014, 07:11:02 PM
Quote from: TacticalWargames on September 18, 2014, 06:23:08 PM
I have my doubts about Hunted Cow as I said in a previous thread about Decision Games buying them.

Uh yeah, because Decision Games "bought" Hunted Cow...  ::)
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: Toonces on September 18, 2014, 10:06:53 PM
I think there's more to that story than what meats the eye.

8)
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: TacticalWargames on September 19, 2014, 12:00:32 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 18, 2014, 07:11:02 PM
Quote from: TacticalWargames on September 18, 2014, 06:23:08 PM
I have my doubts about Hunted Cow as I said in a previous thread about Decision Games buying them.

Uh yeah, because Decision Games "bought" Hunted Cow...  ::)

OK went into partnership, my mistake. Though Matrix and Slitherine went into partnership..but really Slitherine bought them out.

Either way still Hunted Cow don't fill me with confidence. Sorry :D
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: Toonces on September 19, 2014, 12:59:15 AM
Maybe they're just trying to steak their claim in the wargaming market.
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 20, 2014, 06:23:29 PM
Y'all might want to watch our Facebook page tomorrow morning

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fbayonetgames.com%2Fblogart%2Fverk%2Flookson.jpeg&hash=ed197051232f109f812c8adc55bdfb43f391c976)
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 21, 2014, 11:58:20 AM
https://www.facebook.com/GrogHeads/photos/a.539838269363516.140953.415952158418795/955691104444895/?type=1
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: Barthheart on September 23, 2014, 01:44:32 PM
Anyone else playing this?

Seems like a nice light game. Interesting mechanics. but for the life of me I cannot figure out the numbers associated with the combat out comes. Anyone know what the numbers mean?

???
Title: Re: Russian Front
Post by: weertj on September 24, 2014, 10:30:01 AM

It seems that sometimes the results are strange. Panzer vs. Infantry in open terrain with an 1:1 loss rate.
Also I don't know how the supply is modelled, a surrounded city can hold on for a long time without losing fighting power.