I saw this over at twcenter which has fueled speculation of what it might be based on the graphic....if this is accurate, doesn't appear to be warhammer but something more traditional to what they usually put out. I guess we'll all find out soon enough since announcement is today.
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/09/total-war-egx-booth-images-hint-at-next-game-reveal
im going Atilla, and the reason the tape is where it is because its hiding the dead give away moustache
Not 30yw / ECW then. Poo!
i dont think this is the next big one bob, this is the stand alone expansion before the next big one
Right. Most of the chatter online is pointing to Attila, ie, Barbarian Invasion 2...loin moistening to the utmost. Announcement officially to come afte 11am EST this morning.
Other chatter I have read online is that the Warhammer game, while being a CA game, will not be a TW game.
It would seem logical since there was a Mongol Invasion expansion to the original Shogun.
Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2014, 07:30:27 AM
Right. Most of the chatter online is pointing to Attila, ie, Barbarian Invasion 2...loin moistening to the utmost. Announcement officially to come afte 11am EST this morning.
Other chatter I have read online is that the Warhammer game, while being a CA game, will not be a TW game.
Dude, I've told you this several times before...loins do not friggen moisten.
Maybe you should see a specialist.
So it's now after 11am EST...anything floating around yet?
Grah! At work, can't live stream it.
Looks like Atilla though.
Yeah I am getting chatter from TWC and Total War.com that the next game is Total War: Attila...
Edit: Twitch is live streaming a demo of it right now...it's tiny but i can see it on my phone, no audio.
I'm seeing that too, looks to be confirmed.
Lets hope this is to Rome 2 what Napoleon was to Empire.
Rome 2 now is in very good shape, a good base to build on. Today is dead at work so I am trying to scour the interwebs for Attila faction info, etc. Looks like the release will be next year, not sure when yet.
Hey, folks! Read the link at the bottom of the page. It's Atilla. Confirmed!
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/09/new-total-war-revealed-as-total-war-attila
Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2014, 10:24:19 AM
Rome 2 now is in very good shape, a good base to build on. Today is dead at work so I am trying to scour the interwebs for Attila faction info, etc. Looks like the release will be next year, not sure when yet.
Yeah, I'm liking this. Between Rome 2's Vanilla Campaign the Augustus Campaign and this new fall of Rome standalone this is about as comprehensive to the time period as you can be.
Pretty much the same approach they took with Shogun 2, and it's brilliant.
Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2014, 10:09:25 AM
Maybe you should see a specialist.
So it's now after 11am EST...anything floating around yet?
Why should I see a specialist. If your loins are moistening, you're the one with a problem.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.incgamers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F09%2Ftotal-war-EGX-booth-2.jpg&hash=c52aa760df20ef1054062e474c1d6667555ad293)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fring.cdandlp.com%2Fcharlymax%2Fphoto_grande%2F114669302.jpg&hash=0b2a007193c247d696731ff68355460696464ea8)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fchrismcgovernmusic.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F04%2Fattila_cover.jpg&hash=b970f0d0d34d08e5e26e385f87bdce18baf59f6b)
I want to hear more on the warhammer game tbh.
i want a loin moistening poll
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FSmilies%2Fheadscratch.gif&hash=8603e6684adb44bdc2ee527335efa8e297a88686)
gus's do
JH's dont
surely more data is required
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 25, 2014, 11:13:22 AM
i want a loin moistening poll
I think I've found a solution for Gus:
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1081.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fj349%2Flongblade%2FGrogHeads%2Fduluthtradingunderwear_zps457b599a.jpg&hash=a2910c322b3fe29e2cccc6bf9fe28c67b9c62a62)
that was rather quick - do you have these kind of things cached somewhere?
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 25, 2014, 11:30:51 AM
that was rather quick - do you have these kind of things cached somewhere?
Heh. No, a commercial just came on the TV. For the undies, no less.
Clearly divine intervention on behalf of Gus. O:-)
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 25, 2014, 11:00:13 AM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fchrismcgovernmusic.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F04%2Fattila_cover.jpg&hash=b970f0d0d34d08e5e26e385f87bdce18baf59f6b)
yes, that's Billy Joel on the right
Quote from: LongBlade on September 25, 2014, 10:32:18 AM
Hey, folks! Read the link at the bottom of the page. It's Atilla. Confirmed!
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/09/new-total-war-revealed-as-total-war-attila
Looks good. I'm glad it starts in 395, sort of mid-way through late Antiquity. The Huns in 395 had not yet pulled their alliance together IIRC, so that's good too.
All-in-all, it sounds really good, but I'm a fanboi in this area (as well as for anything Bohemia interactive makes), so there you go.
Brant -- My copy of "Atilla" (an original pressing, thanks!) is autographed. TRIVIA: what went wrong in the pressing of that album?
To the other point: mmm...moist loins...I should open a restaurant chain offering such fare to the assembled many.
The RenFaire market alone would be vast indeed.
HUZZAH! Moist loins!
Best,
Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Quote from: Cyrano on September 25, 2014, 12:18:56 PMTRIVIA: what went wrong in the pressing of that album?
Trick question: it was the fact that it was pressed at all that was wrong ;)
The original barbarian invasion is my 2nd favorite TW game of all time, thus the loin moistening. Which I fully embrace and enjoy, always.
Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2014, 12:32:38 PM
The original barbarian invasion is my 2nd favorite TW game of all time, thus the loin moistening. Which I fully embrace and enjoy, always.
I realize that Duluth Trading carries some major man-clothing that might intimidate the citified gentry with whom you circulate. But bring your Man Card and get out there and get some undies before you end up with a massive case of jock itch.
I live in the woods now, remember? Get your hands off my more than acceptable moist loins.
In the meantime, how is your Armenian campaign going?
Fine, if you insist your loins are moistening, then I guess you have a vagina. Who am I to argue?
I make it my business not to argue with Marine lawyers, even when they're wrong.
Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2014, 02:47:31 PM
I make it my business not to argue with Marine lawyers, even when they're wrong.
You're a smart man...with a vagina. ;D
I think you just like to type the word.
Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2014, 02:23:12 PM
I live in the woods now, remember? Get your hands off my more than acceptable moist loins.
In the meantime, how is your Armenian campaign going?
I have crushed a civil war - easy by comparison.
I have also crushed most all of my hostile neighbors. Unfortunately I'm surrounded by allies, cutting off my expansion to pretty much anywhere.
So now I'm trying to figure out which ally needs to be clobbered first.
All in all, it seems pretty anti-climactic. The first 100(?) turns were a bear, though.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 25, 2014, 02:56:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2014, 02:47:31 PM
I make it my business not to argue with Marine lawyers, even when they're wrong.
You're a smart man...with a vagina. ;D
Queue the "Old Greg" jokes...
Quote from: FlickJax on September 25, 2014, 11:11:35 AM
I want to hear more on the warhammer game tbh.
Same.
I'd rather it be closer to TW than anything. Hopefully CA isn't doing some 3rd Person nonsense like they tried before. ::)
At my age, if my loins are moist it's usually because my depends have leaked. However if CA is able to pull-off a Barbarian Invasion second coming, then I will piss myself. And joyfully so. Some videos at the Total War Center preview the new game and promise loin-moistening new features including siege battles where defenders can set up barricades in the streets to defend locations and some barbarian factions can spread fire across cities as they advance, the ability to, "Devastate" regions to prevent anything useful being captured by invaders and the return of the Family Tree with the ability to assign family members as governors of regions under your control. But I think I've been to this dance before. CA announces a new game with fantastic new features, everybody gets excited, loins get moistened, and a year later when it comes out the features aren't there or have been watered down or will be after patch number whatever. That's why I'm going to watch and wait and keep my loins dry for now. Though I may drool some. :coolsmiley:
Quote from: Nefaro on September 25, 2014, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: FlickJax on September 25, 2014, 11:11:35 AM
I want to hear more on the warhammer game tbh.
Same.
I'd rather it be closer to TW than anything. Hopefully CA isn't doing some 3rd Person nonsense like they tried before. ::)
GW's strength really isn't in great game design.
Fortunately, for past PC games they've been bright enough to outsource game design. For the most part they've succeeded with that formula.
Too bad they don't do the same with their minis games.
Quote from: LongBlade on September 25, 2014, 10:26:37 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 25, 2014, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: FlickJax on September 25, 2014, 11:11:35 AM
I want to hear more on the warhammer game tbh.
Same.
I'd rather it be closer to TW than anything. Hopefully CA isn't doing some 3rd Person nonsense like they tried before. ::)
There is a game based on mordheim coming out, but other then that your absolutely right.
So many of their mini games could be made into awsome games
GW's strength really isn't in great game design.
Fortunately, for past PC games they've been bright enough to outsource game design. For the most part they've succeeded with that formula.
Too bad they don't do the same with their minis games.
So LB the Armenia campaign calms down after some time, that is good to see.Armenia will definitely be my next foray into Rome 2. I just can't resist their unit roster and exotic mix of cultures.
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 07:34:47 AM
So LB the Armenia campaign calms down after some time, that is good to see.Armenia will definitely be my next foray into Rome 2.
It's hairy from the opening turn. Prepare yourself.
Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2014, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 07:34:47 AM
So LB the Armenia campaign calms down after some time, that is good to see.Armenia will definitely be my next foray into Rome 2.
It's hairy from the opening turn. Prepare yourself.
Is it as bad as Epirus?
I can turtle as Armenia if the odds are not terrible and I can make at least some money to recruit and equip some cataphracts.
Quote from: Nefaro on September 26, 2014, 12:52:24 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2014, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 07:34:47 AM
So LB the Armenia campaign calms down after some time, that is good to see.Armenia will definitely be my next foray into Rome 2.
It's hairy from the opening turn. Prepare yourself.
Is it as bad as Epirus?
Haven't played them.
This one isn't really making me overly excited.
I'll see if I can find Epirus and fire it up to see how it plays.
Ah. Epirus is in the Greek States DLC. Which I don't have.
But at 75% off it's $2. Sold.
I just had my butt handed to me by Sparta as Epirus.
As Armenia I was on the edge but managed to expand/lose/gain provinces. It was edge-of-your-seat drama.
As Epirus, I was seduced into believing I could easily take Athens. I finally beat them and dismissed a bunch of mercs. Whereupon Sparta promptly pounced. I don't think they could have taken Athens from me if I'd kept some or all of the mercs...but you have to balance on bankruptcy in order to get Athens.
I'd say they are almost equally difficult, but for different reasons. However, I squeaked by with a win in Armenia - I think I may have to restart Epirus. So maybe the edge goes to Epirus as slightly harder than Armenia. Maybe.
Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2014, 03:33:32 PM
I just had my butt handed to me by Sparta as Epirus.
Epirus always gets dogpiled from the beginning.
If they AI plays them, they're usually toast in record time. I've seen craziness like them buckling in 7 turns from the beginning. Sparta and Athens usually come after them in short order and then the Romans, Illyrians, and Macedonians jump in when they smell blood too. Brutal.
I'd think that CA would've done a little rebalancing with their starting situation but it's not been touched AFAIK.
Anyone win with Epirus?
LB you're 100+turns in or more with Armenia right? What are Armenia's victory conditions?
I've read elsewhere that you won't actually be able to play as atilla and his armies
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 05:59:10 PM
Anyone win with Epirus?
LB you're 100+turns in or more with Armenia right? What are Armenia's victory conditions?
Not sure. I'd rather play not knowing them.
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 05:59:10 PM
Anyone win with Epirus?
Getting my head handed to me so far. But I'll find a way. I think it may require a similar strategy to Armenia.
Probably turtling for as long as you can and finding your weakest enemy. What else could it be?
I read that Attila will also not be playable but I can't see how that will be allowed to happen...how do you name a game after a historical figure and not have him playable?
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 06:24:36 PM
Probably turtling for as long as you can and finding your weakest enemy. What else could it be?
I read that Attila will also not be playable but I can't see how that will be allowed to happen...how do you name a game after a historical figure and not have him playable?
Because game starts at 395 and he reigned from 453 to 434?
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 06:24:36 PM
Probably turtling for as long as you can and finding your weakest enemy. What else could it be?
Making an alliance with Macedonia. I wanted to avoid that as they own the third of three cities that would unify my province. However, so far I've had no luck rebuffing them. So it's time to try that tack and see how it goes. Eventually I'll have to conquer them - and I dislike the underhanded tactic. But it seems to be the way the game is pointing.
Jomni - what?
Do you mean 434 - 453? There would definitely be enough turns to cover that either way.
TW games encourage the skullduggery, LB. Embrace your inner backstabber!
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 08:03:57 PM
LB. Embrace your inner backstabber!
I'm not naturally that way. My wife tells me I'm too honest. She's probably right.
Anyway, one of the other keys is to bide your time. I started another game and yet again started a battle with Athens and Sparta when I should have not. Then I tried to fight it manually (something I almost never do) and made a complete mess of it. However, I think I'm getting a strategy in place that, with patience, will work.
^Me neither. I don't think I have ever backstabbed an ally in a TW game, now that I think about it.
If victory can be achieved slowly and methodically, I should be able to pull something off as Armenia.
Make sure you put it back when you are done with it...
Quote from: jomni on September 26, 2014, 06:27:52 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 26, 2014, 06:24:36 PM
Probably turtling for as long as you can and finding your weakest enemy. What else could it be?
I read that Attila will also not be playable but I can't see how that will be allowed to happen...how do you name a game after a historical figure and not have him playable?
Because game starts at 395 and he reigned from 453 to 434?
That be 434 to 453 since it's AD. Attila is thought to have been born in 395AD.
the Steam 75% off sale is a wonderful thing!
Thought I saw Rome 2 free to play for the weekend.
Quote from: MetalDog on September 26, 2014, 10:54:32 PM
Thought I saw Rome 2 free to play for the weekend.
There are only 200+ pages of discussion of it here. Clearly the game sucks.
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 26, 2014, 10:26:01 PM
the Steam 75% off sale is a wonderful thing!
Nooooooooooooooo!
Yes! Make room for Bawb.
Quote from: Gusington on September 27, 2014, 02:19:47 PM
Yes! Make room for Bawb.
IIRC, he already has Rome II, he just hasn't fired it up yet. I believe the "big no" was for the fact that Bawb could've purchased it for much cheaper than he did. :P
I thought he needed new glasses to actually see it. 8)
Quote from: Martok on September 29, 2014, 08:13:17 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 27, 2014, 02:19:47 PM
Yes! Make room for Bawb.
IIRC, he already has Rome II, he just hasn't fired it up yet. I believe the "big no" was for the fact that Bawb could've purchased it for much cheaper than he did. :P
I've got it, one of my sons (he plays it A LOT) gave it to me last Christmas, and I've even played it a bit, but I'm not that much into the period. I confess that I like Shogun 2 more.
I thought he needed new glasses to actually see it. 8)
....who said that?
Some guy named Bob.
Wot? Bob the Barmy?
'im wiv da flat 'ead?
Git off his lawn!
Wibble.
Wobble
Timey Wimey.
Quote from: bob48 on September 29, 2014, 10:57:33 AM
I confess that I like Shogun 2 more.
I like the scale and scope as well.