GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Shelldrake on September 26, 2014, 06:17:22 AM

Title: Ancient Space any good?
Post by: Shelldrake on September 26, 2014, 06:17:22 AM
I came across Ancient Space while perusing Combatsim. Looks like an interesting single player space game ala Homeworld. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.ancientspacegame.com/ (http://www.ancientspacegame.com/)
Title: Re: Ancient Space any good?
Post by: Nefaro on September 26, 2014, 01:24:24 PM
I thought someone mentioned it being a rather linear story-focused game.  Not necessarily bad but the depth of gameplay has also come into question with some.
Title: Re: Ancient Space any good?
Post by: Shelldrake on September 26, 2014, 01:38:25 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 26, 2014, 01:24:24 PM
I thought someone mentioned it being a rather linear story-focused game.  Not necessarily bad but the depth of gameplay has also come into question with some.

Thanks Nefaro. I will probably wait for the inevitable sale on this one.

I see that Endless Space Gold is on sale this weekend on Gamersgate. With my Fall discount code that I have not used yet I can get the game for $7USD, which should satisfy my 4X space gaming craving.
Title: Re: Ancient Space any good?
Post by: Bison on September 26, 2014, 01:41:59 PM
I've got some 50% off Endless Space coupons on Steam Shell, if you'd rather get the game there.
Title: Re: Ancient Space any good?
Post by: Shelldrake on September 26, 2014, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 26, 2014, 01:41:59 PM
I've got some 50% off Endless Space coupons on Steam Shell, if you'd rather get the game there.

Thanks Bison. I will be activating the game on Steam anyway and even with 50% off it will be cheaper from GG.
Title: Re: Ancient Space any good?
Post by: Nefaro on September 26, 2014, 04:24:31 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on September 26, 2014, 01:38:25 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 26, 2014, 01:24:24 PM
I thought someone mentioned it being a rather linear story-focused game.  Not necessarily bad but the depth of gameplay has also come into question with some.

Thanks Nefaro. I will probably wait for the inevitable sale on this one.

I see that Endless Space Gold is on sale this weekend on Gamersgate. With my Fall discount code that I have not used yet I can get the game for $7USD, which should satisfy my 4X space gaming craving.

If you enjoy turn-based 4X games, then you should enjoy it.  O0