GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on October 02, 2014, 07:44:57 PM

Title: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: Gusington on October 02, 2014, 07:44:57 PM
Can humanity survive two apocalypses at once? This new Kickstarter (goal: $1.4M) aims to find out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

Another idea I wish I thought of  ;D
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: RooksBailey on October 02, 2014, 07:54:05 PM
This is a great idea!  Just the other day I was thinking that it had been ages since somebody made a game where you could play the part of a monster that shatters a big city. 

The only downside is...kickstarter project with a massive budget for a massive undertaking.  Sadly, that boat has long since sailed for me.  When I see it at retail I will get excited.  Especially seeing how Uber did not really hit a home run with their last project. 
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 02, 2014, 07:55:12 PM
if theres no dlc playable Gus unit I dont care.
in fact, early donors should get a Gus unit free wearing a battle thong.
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: Staggerwing on October 02, 2014, 08:07:59 PM
The story kind of reminds me of Charles Stross' 'Laundry Files' books' CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN scenario, with added GFRs (Giant **** Robots).
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: mirth on October 02, 2014, 08:10:57 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 02, 2014, 07:55:12 PM
in fact, early donors should get a Gus unit free wearing a battle thong.

Battle thong...that's genius!
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 02, 2014, 08:18:31 PM
the idea is all Gwar's.   :'(
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: RooksBailey on October 02, 2014, 08:44:07 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 02, 2014, 08:07:59 PM
The story kind of reminds me of Charles Stross' 'Laundry Files' books' CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN scenario, with added GFRs (Giant **** Robots).

Now added to my reading list, thanks!   ;)  It reminds me of Larry Correia's Monster Hunter International. 
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: Staggerwing on October 02, 2014, 08:58:25 PM
You're welcome!
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: TacticalWargames on October 03, 2014, 04:33:25 AM
Love the art style.
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: sandman2575 on October 03, 2014, 12:12:43 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2014, 07:44:57 PM
Another idea I wish I thought of  ;D

that's a little like looking at some far-out surrealist Salvador Dali painting and thinking, "now why didn't I think of that?" -- at least in this case     ;)
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: Gusington on October 03, 2014, 01:09:09 PM
Come to think of it why didn't I think up all that Dali jazz too? -sigh-
Title: Re: Cthulu vs. Skynet with us in the middle: Human Resources
Post by: panzerde on October 03, 2014, 05:14:41 PM
Quote from: RooksBailey on October 02, 2014, 07:54:05 PM

The only downside is...kickstarter project with a massive budget for a massive undertaking.  Sadly, that boat has long since sailed for me.  When I see it at retail I will get excited.  Especially seeing how Uber did not really hit a home run with their last project. 

Sadly, this is my approach now too. No more funding to Kickstarter or similar projects. Too many smoking craters of good ideas for me to throw money at it anymore.

I do like the idea for this and yes, immediately though of Stross' books. Would love to play it.