GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on October 10, 2014, 06:03:10 AM

Title: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: MetalDog on October 10, 2014, 06:03:10 AM



This weeks song choice is for any and all who remember this as Genesis' first hit.


As for games, I have an Age of Empires III MP match with a couple of friends of mine.  The Sunday morning Warlock crew should be back in action, too.  And To End All Wars when I find time.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Barthheart on October 10, 2014, 06:12:28 AM
Yer avatar no move...  :(

Long weekend up here!  :D Plus I'm off today.  :D

Warlock on Sunday fer sure.

Work on gaming table starting up again.

Closing down pool and back yard stuff for the season.

Not sure what else... maybe CKII.... practice for when new DLC comes out.

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Staggerwing on October 10, 2014, 06:17:11 AM
Great song. Great album. The song 'Firth of fifth' from that album came up in the SHIPS! thread recently.

I'm going to try and learn to fly in Elite: Dangerous and also keep trying to wrap my head around CMANO a little more.

For you Elite Spacenaut Grogs out there- is there any kind of Grogheads team or group you are part of? What are your in-game handles?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: MetalDog on October 10, 2014, 06:20:14 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 10, 2014, 06:12:28 AM
Yer avatar no move...  :(




That's cuz they're fake ;)


And Stagger, I agree with all the stuff you said about the tune(s).  I'm a huge Peter Gabriel/Genesis fan.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Staggerwing on October 10, 2014, 06:29:19 AM
MD, have you ever played any of the Myst games? In the fourth game released, URU, Ages beyond Myst, there is a part in the beginning where you are walking through the desert and come upon a camping trailer and a guy sitting next to it reading a book. As you get closer to him you can hear that his radio is playing a Peter Gabriel song, 'Burn you up, burn you down'. Supposedly Gabriel also has a song inside the next Myst release Revelation, along with some voice acting. One of these days I'll get around to playing through that game as well.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: MetalDog on October 10, 2014, 06:36:18 AM
I have not, but that's as good an endorsement as any :)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 10, 2014, 06:40:48 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 10, 2014, 06:17:11 AM
Great song. Great album. The song 'Firth of fifth' from that album came up in the SHIPS! thread recently.

I'm going to try and learn to fly in Elite: Dangerous and also keep trying to wrap my head around CMANO a little more.

For you Elite Spacenaut Grogs out there- is there any kind of Grogheads team or group you are part of? What are your in-game handles?
JudgeDredd

For gaming...

Continue my Red Thunder pbem...not going great.
F1 2013 - Japan is calling
World at War:Blood and Bridges AAR
DCS:Mig21bis (forgot about this one)

I don't know what else. I'll definitely try and get there for Steel Beasts on Sunday...though my wife and daughter are at a concert and I will need to pick them up from the station - but I don't know what time.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AM
Some of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

Game for the weekend is Endless Space Gold, which is quite enjoyable now that I am getting an idea of how the game mechanics work. Warlock and XCOM Declassified are also on my hit list for the long weekend. Monday is Turkey Day in Canada! :)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Tuna on October 10, 2014, 07:33:49 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AM
Some of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

Game for the weekend is Endless Space Gold, which is quite enjoyable now that I am getting an idea of how the game mechanics work. Warlock and XCOM Declassified are also on my hit list for the long weekend. Monday is Turkey Day in Canada! :)

I guess I can't browse the forum with the wife sitting next to me anymore! "What are you looking at!"

Some PON PBEM... and maybe Rome II, FELH, and AOW III (trying to get back into this one)..
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 07:42:16 AM
My wife is actually one of the avatars :)

I too love Peter Gabriel but don't actually own any of his albums...can any of you guys recommend a compilation?

As for gaming I am thinking of ditching the Age Wonders III tutorial and just starting a campaign as the dwarves as has been recommended by almost everyone here.

Beyond that I may start up the new Styx stealth game from Cyanide, and with the help of a Green Man Gaming voucher for 25% off, finally get Shadow of Mordor.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Kushan on October 10, 2014, 08:16:04 AM
With my brief love affair with Rome 2 over and having released my first Command scenario last night, I plan to dive into Wasteland 2 tonight after work. Kerbal Space Program, Distant Worlds, and Xenonauts will probably see some play time as well when I need a break from Wasteland.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 10, 2014, 08:31:35 AM
I wish I could give Wasteland 2 away to someone  :(

Not that it's a bad game - I'm just bored with it.

In fact, I have a shed load of games in my Steam library people could get good use out of if you could just pass things on.

What a waste.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 08:36:28 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AMSome of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

he says while discussing weekend gaming plans on a non-work message board

besides, IIRC your work is more closely associated with our avatars than anyone else  O0
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on October 10, 2014, 08:38:28 AM
I finally installed some different games to play this weekend.

In no particular order:

Scourge of War: Antietam
Napoleon Total War

And I also need to start preparing for the next season in Grand Prix Racing Online.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Kushan on October 10, 2014, 08:42:10 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 10, 2014, 08:31:35 AM
I wish I could give Wasteland 2 away to someone  :(

Not that it's a bad game - I'm just bored with it.

In fact, I have a shed load of games in my Steam library people could get good use out of if you could just pass things on.

I feel the same abut Divinity original Sin. Everyone else in the world seems to love it, I think its boring as hell. Only game in my Steam library I wish I could give away.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 08:36:28 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AMSome of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

he says while discussing weekend gaming plans on a non-work message board

besides, IIRC your work is more closely associated with our avatars than anyone else  O0

He gets to watch boobs bouncing all day?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: tgb on October 10, 2014, 08:44:02 AM
Saturday I'll be playing Traffic School Tycoon exclusively from 7:30 AM to 5PM, so that will be the extent of my gaming.

Sunday it's Prison Architect, AoW, and checking out the latest build of Sunless Sea
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on October 10, 2014, 08:49:27 AM
This weekend, during my 4-day weekend, I'll be solely playing a game called Entertain the In-laws.

My wife says I'm not very good at it.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 08:52:18 AM
Try the padlock on the mancave study dlc - it makes things move much quicker.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 10, 2014, 09:01:42 AM
Buncha Canadianistaners and your Canadian Thanksgiving holiday weekend...or Columbus Day for you state-paid folks...

...or "Indigenous People's Day" in the libertarian commie PC paradises sprinkled across America... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_People's_Day)...a bunch of BS started by the f&ckin' UN in Switzerland.

Sigh.  :tickedoff:

Anyway, my murder mystery show opens this weekend so tonight and tomorrow are full of that, and family/friends coming in from out of town tomorrow, then lunch Sunday, means very little time for gaming unfortunately.

I might not make the game Sunday morning (Warlock). I will be exhausted, but I will try to set my alarm. Other than that I might try some solo Warlock later on Sunday afternoon.

Or most likely, I will finish my review of Fire on the Lake and then try some Field Commander: Rommel.

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Apocalypse 31 on October 10, 2014, 09:06:28 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 08:52:18 AM
Try the padlock on the mancave study dlc - it makes things move much quicker.

Man Cave DLC not available until next Saturday.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: MengJiao on October 10, 2014, 09:17:41 AM
Quote from: Kushan on October 10, 2014, 08:16:04 AM
With my brief love affair with Rome 2 over

Aha!  I won't be playing Rome II either!  Looks like the usual:  WitpAE PBEM, DCS, and some board games.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on October 10, 2014, 09:32:27 AM
Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on October 10, 2014, 08:49:27 AM
This weekend, during my 4-day weekend, I'll be solely playing a game called Entertain the In-laws.

My wife says I'm not very good at it.

I actually enjoy that game, mostly because my in-laws are good folk, and they leave after about four hours of entertaining.  O0
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: undercovergeek on October 10, 2014, 09:39:26 AM
Elite - trying to master smuggling ready for the big game

Rome II Armenia - trying to put a dent in Parthia, have found i can give allies targets to attack, see if that works and i can maybe leave light garrisons around and start whittling down the main force

ProN - PBEM with Tuna and SDR - waiting for some divine mechanic to kick in as i dont seem to have the colonisation choices the big boys have
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Anguille on October 10, 2014, 09:41:01 AM
I am gone for a few weeks and when i come back i see all this gifs! Can't go on this forum when my wife's around anymore  ::)

I think i am going to play the following games:

- Omerta: city of Gangsters....getting close to finish the main campaign
- Empire Total War...introduction campaign
- Some 4x in space...not sure which one.
- The usual pbem (Storm over the Pacific and Armada 2526)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: sandman2575 on October 10, 2014, 10:08:55 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 10, 2014, 09:41:01 AM
I am gone for a few weeks and when i come back i see all this gifs! Can't go on this forum when my wife's around anymore  ::)


Anguille -- you of all people have to get on board with the gifs -- you were an early pioneer of the form! Your Salma Hayek gif... it was mesmerizing...   :o

And Shelldrake does what for a living, exactly?  Plastic surgeon?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 10:11:54 AM
It ends at the end of the month...or should it?

No mancave until next Saturday??? Inconceivable.

Break a leg BC...and UCG post some Armenia pics!

Shelldrake is a nude trapeze artist.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: sandman2575 on October 10, 2014, 10:13:01 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 10:11:54 AM
Shelldrake is a nude trapeze artist.

which was my next guess. Seems obvious in retrospect...
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 10:13:45 AM
I know man, get with it.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Asid on October 10, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
Steel Beasts Pro with the DOW O0

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi1288.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb498%2FAsid_1%2FStrategy%2520Sim%2FSteel%2520Beasts%2520Pro%2FSS_15_35_38_zps5c721ce8.jpg&hash=e2b54c139280353a7a1b9ad0760c9f609a70b555)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Anguille on October 10, 2014, 10:27:00 AM
Quote from: sandman2575 on October 10, 2014, 10:08:55 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 10, 2014, 09:41:01 AM
I am gone for a few weeks and when i come back i see all this gifs! Can't go on this forum when my wife's around anymore  ::)


Anguille -- you of all people have to get on board with the gifs -- you were an early pioneer of the form! Your Salma Hayek gif... it was mesmerizing...   :o

Ahah...i know, i know  ^-^
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Bison on October 10, 2014, 10:44:28 AM
Planetside 2 and a whole lot of ASL counter clipping and sorting and rules reading in my future.  But that'll have to wait for the most part has we have house guests all weekend. 

You title of the tread is all jacked up Metaldog.

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Sir Slash on October 10, 2014, 10:49:06 AM
Not being in the least distracted by the Bouncing Boob avatars, I'll be playing Comboob Mission: Fortress Titaly and Rome 2 Tital War where my German Confederation has just taken Breast, France. And then I'll head over to Hooters for dinner. See? Mental discipline. :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JasonPratt on October 10, 2014, 10:57:30 AM
SirSlash may have won the thread this week...

Can't decide if I'm going to press on with my LotRO campaign, or fiddle with my great attempt at starting an AAR for an old game involving invasions ahem which I have been teasing for a while, even though CK2's Charlemagne DLC will release next Tuesday -- since after all it's likely to need some bug stomps, and doesn't go remotely as far back into the Dark Ages as the other game with a Paradoxian-sort-of engine.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Nefaro on October 10, 2014, 11:07:18 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 10, 2014, 10:57:30 AM
SirSlash may have won the thread this week...

Can't decide if I'm going to press on with my LotRO campaign, or fiddle with my great attempt at starting an AAR for an old game involving invasions ahem which I have been teasing for a while, even though CK2's Charlemagne DLC will release next Tuesday -- since after all it's likely to need some bug stomps, and doesn't go remotely as far back into the Dark Ages as the other game with a Paradoxian-sort-of engine.

Despite earlier reports about Great Invasions not working on WinVista/7, I found that it works just fine.  On Win7 at least. 

Although the map scrolling runs at warp speed so it can be a pain to position at times.  Also.. the old EU2 engine's hot spots became even more difficult to click on at higher resolutions.  I haven't had the patience to revisit the thing yet after that.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bob48 on October 10, 2014, 11:17:41 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2014, 10:49:06 AM
Not being in the least distracted by the Bouncing Boob avatars, I'll be playing Comboob Mission: Fortress Titaly and Rome 2 Tital War where my German Confederation has just taken Breast, France. And then I'll head over to Hooters for dinner. See? Mental discipline. :coolsmiley:

Nice to see you are able to hold things together, Bra, erm, Bro.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 11:25:14 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2014, 10:49:06 AMNot being in the least distracted by the Bouncing Boob avatars, I'll be playing Comboob Mission: Fortress Titaly and Rome 2 Tital War where my German Confederation has just taken Breast, France. And then I'll head over to Hooters for dinner. See? Mental discipline. :coolsmiley:

That whole sequence is bringing back mammaries of threads full of puns
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 10, 2014, 11:33:20 AM
From the name of this thread, I thought SURELY this would be the song...

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Sir Slash on October 10, 2014, 11:40:02 AM
I think Miss Bouncing Bikini Top and Miss Hands For Cups are the same girl. Somebody look at their faces for me and see.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 12:06:43 PM
what are these "faces" you are referring to?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 10, 2014, 12:20:02 PM
Some Pride of Nations PBEM.

Going out into the backwoods to tear some mooses to pouces. 

Maybe some Xenonauts and some IL-2: BoS.  Might try to finish Outlast.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Sir Slash on October 10, 2014, 12:37:07 PM
I'm going to the dealership this weekend and see if they have any more of those Bust-Open-Mobiles.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JasonPratt on October 10, 2014, 12:39:50 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 10, 2014, 11:07:18 AM
Despite earlier reports about Great Invasions not working on WinVista/7, I found that it works just fine.  On Win7 at least.

It definitely works just fine on my Win8.0 (though not the opening animation, if playing full screen. I also learned playing full screen disables tab outs and the built-in Windows screenshot function, so I'm having to play it windowed.)

Quote from: Nefaro on October 10, 2014, 11:07:18 AMAlthough the map scrolling runs at warp speed so it can be a pain to position at times.  Also.. the old EU2 engine's hot spots became even more difficult to click on at higher resolutions.  I haven't had the patience to revisit the thing yet after that.

Fortunately, it isn't the old EU2 engine but a pseudo-EU1 or 1.5 engine, built to mimic the Europa engine. And its idea of high resolution is 768. So I haven't had problems clicking on anything yet.

Unfortunately, it's a pseudo-EU1 or 1.5 engine, built to mimic the Europa engine, so it has its own goofy problems. ;) Generally still playable though.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 01:04:29 PM
Way to make the breast of an already titular situation, guys.

Look I made a double punny!!

-Claps like idiot-
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 10, 2014, 01:11:54 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 01:04:29 PM
Way to make the breast of an already titular situation, guys.

Look I made a double punny!!

-Claps like idiot-

TIMMY!
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 10, 2014, 01:13:59 PM
Your avatar wins.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 10, 2014, 01:17:18 PM
I had to give it some time because I wasn't convinced there wasn't another GH using this.

I mean, damn. DAYUM.

Ahem.

Also, fat dude massaging his man tits was kinda gross.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 01:32:34 PM
Quote
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 08:36:28 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 10, 2014, 06:47:47 AMSome of those gifs are very distracting - how am I supposed to focus on work?!

he says while discussing weekend gaming plans on a non-work message board

besides, IIRC your work is more closely associated with our avatars than anyone else  O0

He gets to watch boobs bouncing all day?

I wish! I am a university-based scientist working in the area of breast cancer so you could say that I study ways to keep our breast friends healthy.  ;D
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bob48 on October 10, 2014, 01:50:23 PM
I vote for B_C's avatar - its a good 'un.

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Sir Slash on October 10, 2014, 01:56:16 PM
I keep watching hoping they"ll pop out. THEY WANT TO BE FREE!!!!
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: MengJiao on October 10, 2014, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 12:06:43 PM
what are these "faces" you are referring to?

  This hardly seems fair coming from somebody whose titsome avatar is brilliantly stage-managed to continually leave an ever-twisting
set of conceptual problems hanging in the air: what is she saying and who worked out how to get that button to pop?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Swatter on October 10, 2014, 03:01:33 PM
In the spirit of the moment, I changed my avatar also. Jarhead's definitely takes the prize so far.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Tuna on October 10, 2014, 03:12:23 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on October 10, 2014, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 12:06:43 PM
what are these "faces" you are referring to?

  This hardly seems fair coming from somebody whose titsome avatar is brilliantly stage-managed to continually leave an ever-twisting
set of conceptual problems hanging in the air: what is she saying and who worked out how to get that button to pop?

If I remember it from a Video I saw long ago, she's going for a test drive in a race car, I think she was just screaming the whole time..
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 10, 2014, 03:19:24 PM
.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 10, 2014, 03:28:31 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 10, 2014, 09:39:26 AM

ProN - PBEM with Tuna and SDR - waiting for some divine mechanic to kick in as i dont seem to have the colonisation choices the big boys have

The quicker you get your turns in, the quicker you'll get the event.  I know, I know...."Wah, wah, wah.  I have a life away from my computer.  I live in a different time zone.  The voices in my head keep getting louder." 
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: undercovergeek on October 10, 2014, 04:56:09 PM
Lol, I'm trying to get them in as fast as I can - turns are currently coming from Istanbul
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 10, 2014, 05:03:18 PM
Istanbul, Rome, Paris, Birmingham....  Such exotic locations (and Birmingham).  Are you really a spy with the world's lamest cover job?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bob48 on October 10, 2014, 05:39:25 PM
I've heard Birmingham (I assume you mean the UK one) called some things in my time, but definitely never 'Exotic'. :2funny:
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 10, 2014, 05:41:06 PM
I can confirm the US Birmingham is quite non-exotic. My sons godfather lives there and we've visited a lot on our way to/from Louisiana.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: WYBaugh on October 10, 2014, 09:21:27 PM
Everyone's avatars shamed me into finally configuring one...enjoy!

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Toonces on October 10, 2014, 10:05:14 PM
^ mesmerizing!    :D
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 10, 2014, 10:25:28 PM
bob, join the dark side...surely there's an animated gif somewhere of a woman's ta-tas bouncing in a suit of armor...
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 11, 2014, 12:44:45 AM
there are some things that should be left unasked for.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: undercovergeek on October 11, 2014, 03:34:00 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 10, 2014, 05:03:18 PM
Istanbul, Rome, Paris, Birmingham....  Such exotic locations (and Birmingham).  Are you really a spy with the world's lamest cover job?

yup, joined up the same time as that c**t Bond, he gets all the cars, women, idyllic locations and fancy drinks

Someone has to be his IT backup
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Bison on October 11, 2014, 05:16:26 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 11, 2014, 03:34:00 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 10, 2014, 05:03:18 PM
Istanbul, Rome, Paris, Birmingham....  Such exotic locations (and Birmingham).  Are you really a spy with the world's lamest cover job?

yup, joined up the same time as that c**t Bond, he gets all the cars, women, idyllic locations and fancy drinks

Someone has to be his IT backup

Who the hell knew Bond used a tanning bed?  (https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.animateit.net%2Fdata%2Fmedia%2Fsmiley712%2Fsmiley-scared007.gif&hash=4da3984eeecef9430b716b72ad601deb08f28664)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: undercovergeek on October 11, 2014, 05:43:55 AM
Pah

Did you see Pearce brosnan?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Bison on October 11, 2014, 05:54:19 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 11, 2014, 05:43:55 AM
Pah

Did you see Pearce brosnan?

He was pretty meh as James Bond.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: undercovergeek on October 11, 2014, 06:26:29 AM
but beautifully tanned  :o
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Bison on October 11, 2014, 09:52:39 AM
Spent a Saturday morning sniping and gunning in Planetside 2. 
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Martok on October 12, 2014, 02:58:39 PM
Now that my "weekend" has begun, am thinking I need to spend a little time with Age of Wonders 3.  It's been a while, and discussing it in the other thread has me jonesing for it again. 

Am also feeling the need for some Rome II.  (But which faction to play?  Decisions, decisions...) 




Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 10, 2014, 03:28:31 PM
The quicker you get your turns in, the quicker you'll get the event.  I know, I know...."Wah, wah, wah.  I have a life away from my computer.  I live in a different time zone.  The voices in my head keep getting louder."
ROFL!  Well said, SDR.  ;D 




Quote from: WYBaugh on October 10, 2014, 09:21:27 PM
Everyone's avatars shamed me into finally configuring one...enjoy!
Very nice, WYBaugh.  Me likey!  O0 

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 03:05:47 PM
You and I are on the same gaming wavelength, Martok. Later tonight I am thinking of setting up a AoW III campaign, finally ditching the tutorial which is taking forever.

And of course Rome II Armenia lurks in the recesses of my rig. Soon enough.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 12, 2014, 03:09:19 PM
Just do it already.  I bought the damned game on Friday from GOG, played about 5 turns on the tutorial (I hate faggy elves), then ditched it in favour of playing as some cave-dwelling stunty types.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
Elves are pretty faggy. I want to be prepared to win my first campaign though.

From your description above it sounds like you are playing as my kind. Dwarves? How goes it?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 12, 2014, 05:09:48 PM
Seems OK so far.  I don't really know how to track the progress I've made.  I've got 4 hero types cruising around, 5 cities, and I've allied with the Orcs.  The Goblins declared war on me and snuck in from above-ground and grabbed my throne city while I was busy off exploring but I was able to take it back next turn.

Combat seems pretty nasty compared to some other games of this type.  I sometimes lose a veteran unit or two in a battle and that kind of sucks.  Lost a hero early on as well but he kinda sucked anyway so I didn't mind too much.

I definitely like this title better than Endless Legend.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 12, 2014, 07:19:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
Elves are pretty faggy.

says the dwarf.   ;)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 09:48:47 PM
^Who better to know?

The tech tree for AoW III, the spell book and the unit types are all very addicting. Once I find a faction I really like I think I can get 100s of hours out of the game.

Can't compare it to Fallen Enchantress yet as I haven't fired it up. Endless Legend felt more bare bones but I still liked it.

AoW III is the tops for me right now.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 12, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
you cant be replaced.

I'd stick you on my lawn any day of the week and 5 times on Sunday.

and then do naughty things to you at night when the sprinklers weren't on and no one was looking.

though the sprinklers have a certain appeal.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: MetalDog on October 12, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 12, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
you cant be replaced.

I'd stick you on my lawn any day of the week and 5 times on Sunday.

and then do naughty things to you at night when the sprinklers weren't on and no one was looking.

though the sprinklers have a certain appeal.

Sometimes I think you just string random words together and see what becomes of it.  ;)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Toonces on October 13, 2014, 12:43:37 AM
I played the crap out of CK2 Saturday night as a Duke in Poland.  I'm carving out a nice little kingdom for myself.  The key is to go slow and steady, like the tortoise.   ^-^
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Martok on October 13, 2014, 02:49:39 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
Elves are pretty faggy.
Well then call me a fag, 'cuz the Elves are gonna stomp all over everyone in my game!  O:-) 

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Anguille on October 13, 2014, 03:16:45 AM
Didn't play much this weekend but still managed to pursue my conquest of China in Storm over the Pacific and complete one mission in Omerta.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 13, 2014, 05:04:12 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 12, 2014, 11:00:10 PMSometimes I think you just string random words together and see what becomes of it.  ;)

if that were true, we'd have a PitF review by now!
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 13, 2014, 06:44:04 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 12, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
Sometimes I think you just string random words together and see what becomes of it.  ;)

stream of conscious spoken word haiku.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 13, 2014, 07:14:26 AM
Well I never did get to go on Steel Beasts! Damn.

All my time was on DCS Mig-21bis and Combat Mission:Shock Force

I said some time ago that I didn't get the furor of people playing Combat Mission in minute impulses. I also added that was one of the reasons I hadn't played PBEM. The PBEM thing was also to do with the "breaking up" of the experience...I always thought you were going to be detached from the game and your experience would be marred.

However, having had (and continuing as we speak) a great PBEM experience with Cyrano, I have to say I've been totally converted to impulse play. I'm also very much enjoying the PBEM experience and rather than have a broken gaming experience, I'm really looking forward to that email with the turn so I can see what occurred.

So I have been converted and in fact fired up the German campaign of Combat Mission:Shock Force and was happily playing it in impulse mode. You get to see so much more.

It's a tad more tricky with orders. In one turn, I told my infantry to mount a Half Track and then gave the half track a move order to take the infantry to a house. As it happens, the Half Track started to move before the infantry (I had gave it a xx second pause order) got there and as such they started running after the HT - in full view of the enemy who wasted no time in removing them from this world!

Can CM:SF be upgraded to the new engine? I missed being able to move destination points and include waypoints.

Thanks Cyrano for a great game.  O0
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: undercovergeek on October 13, 2014, 07:29:52 AM
CMSF is in the pipeline for an upgrade, i would imagine after Black Sea

im glad you like the new format - i couldnt play any other way
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 13, 2014, 07:30:22 AM
Had limited game time this weekend, but most of my time went towards NBA 2k15....been in a sports mood and love the fact that NBA and FIFA were both on the PC.  Its a great game, even though I am not a basketball guru or even like watching it on tv:)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 13, 2014, 07:48:57 AM
Quote from: Martok on October 13, 2014, 02:49:39 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2014, 03:32:34 PM
Elves are pretty faggy.
Well then call me a fag, 'cuz the Elves are gonna stomp all over everyone in my game!  O:-)

  I believe the word you're looking for here is mince.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Kushan on October 13, 2014, 08:08:40 AM
Spent most of Saturday catching up on YouTube LP's, doing some Command scenario research, and KSP.

Spent most of yesterday playing Wasteland 2. Was making some slow but good progress through the Ag Center, until I ran into the boss in the irrigation valve room. Don't have the resources to fully heal my entire team. After losing to him a few times, I decided to head back to the main building and go through the east and west areas that I initially skipped over. All my characters are a fight or two short of leveling. I'm exploit the system a little bit and take advantage of the full health restore that happens when you level.

Been doing a little bit of save scumming. But mainly to experiment with different abilities and interactive objects, never to undo a critical failure on a safe or lock....well maybe once or twice  ::)

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to see what happens when the mod tools get released.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 13, 2014, 09:09:26 AM
I finished watching a ton of Let's Play videos for Alien: Isolation. Great game, VERY immersive and VERY tense, but the ending...without giving away spoilers...meh, disappointing. I can't tell if they ended it the way they did because they want to create a sequel or DLC. Still, the fear is strong in me. Even if it was only five bucks I'd have to think LONG and hard about wanting to buy a game that has me wanting to sh!t my pants every 10 seconds. In that regard, it has succeeded tremendously.

Did some more work on my Fire in the Lake review, which should be done and sent in sometime this week.

I sold a bunch of DS and Xbox 360 games and a couple of DSs I had for a long time but haven't played in years, to GameStop for a bunch of credit, most of which went directly into a big Steam card. :) I bought Night of the Rabbit and the Syberia bundle (both 1 & 2) because both seemed intriguing. Tried NotR a bit last night and I can't tell if I have one of the cleverest storytelling games ever made or if it's for 5-year-olds. Time will tell.

Thought about buying Ryse: Son of Rome or Wasteland 2, but I think I'll wait for a sale.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JasonPratt on October 13, 2014, 09:39:50 AM
Played a bit of Lotro, not much, advanced the local Bree plotting a little more -- I've drained the missions there down to the local band clans, which I am trying to infiltrate after poisoning some wolves.

Got my niece going (again) on Lego LotR, had to restart from scratch because we were on a new system, but advanced a little farther than we previously had: now on the confusing split-screen section where one player fights Saruman as Gandalf and the other player is shepherding hobbits through the scary woods to Bree.

Studied CK2 more in preparation for the new upcoming DLC. Started a game as Sigurdthr queen of sheep, up in the Faeroes, which as far as I can tell is the absolute minimum player character available at the earliest age (until the new DLC tomorrow anyway) -- gave me a chance to look at the most simplified possible setup, and also to write some epic skalding. I don't know if I'll pick up her ancestor from a few generations back when the DLC releases, or a quite different kind of Sieman group in a much more south-central portion of the map: they should certainly still be there a couple of generations earlier, and even less developed (if possible) than in an Old Gods starting date of 867, but they have more immediate interaction options and are historically more notable.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Nefaro on October 13, 2014, 09:42:33 AM
Quote from: Kushan on October 13, 2014, 08:08:40 AM
Spent most of Saturday catching up on YouTube LP's, doing some Command scenario research, and KSP.

Spent most of yesterday playing Wasteland 2. Was making some slow but good progress through the Ag Center, until I ran into the boss in the irrigation valve room. Don't have the resources to fully heal my entire team. After losing to him a few times, I decided to head back to the main building and go through the east and west areas that I initially skipped over. All my characters are a fight or two short of leveling. I'm exploit the system a little bit and take advantage of the full health restore that happens when you level.

Been doing a little bit of save scumming. But mainly to experiment with different abilities and interactive objects, never to undo a critical failure on a safe or lock....well maybe once or twice  ::)

Overall I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to see what happens when the mod tools get released.


I try to get my team spread out, set up, and kneeling while still in real-time when I can.  Then have them fire to initiate combat.  Because if it switches to turn-based mode due to proximity, many of the enemies end up getting their turn before some of my characters.  Plus.. you get a free extra shot in at the start.  Sometimes it's only my sniper that's in range but that's better than nothing. 

I don't recall if the Ag Center boss allowed you to get the jump on him like this, since you were in dialogue with him right before combat started.  But I did individually select my characters and positioned them before speaking to him, ready for a fight.  If nothing else I had them kneeling beforehand so they didn't need to spend the AP on it.


EDIT:  BTW.. Sniper Rifle is a must.  I'd debate having two of them if I started a new campaign although ammo would be tight (I've not had an ammo shortage problem in my playthrough).  The damage is SO much higher than other guns, and the range is obviously nice too if you have some short-range thugs to keep the beasties away from them.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 13, 2014, 03:32:28 PM
Anguille you were late to the party with your avatar but DAYUM...it was worth the wait.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bob48 on October 13, 2014, 03:53:44 PM
^agreed  :P
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: W8taminute on October 13, 2014, 06:18:51 PM
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Kushan on October 13, 2014, 07:36:02 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 13, 2014, 09:42:33 AM
I try to get my team spread out, set up, and kneeling while still in real-time when I can.  Then have them fire to initiate combat.  Because if it switches to turn-based mode due to proximity, many of the enemies end up getting their turn before some of my characters.  Plus.. you get a free extra shot in at the start.  Sometimes it's only my sniper that's in range but that's better than nothing. 

I don't recall if the Ag Center boss allowed you to get the jump on him like this, since you were in dialogue with him right before combat started.  But I did individually select my characters and positioned them before speaking to him, ready for a fight.  If nothing else I had them kneeling beforehand so they didn't need to spend the AP on it.


EDIT:  BTW.. Sniper Rifle is a must.  I'd debate having two of them if I started a new campaign although ammo would be tight (I've not had an ammo shortage problem in my playthrough).  The damage is SO much higher than other guns, and the range is obviously nice too if you have some short-range thugs to keep the beasties away from them.

Thanks for the advice. My lead character is the sniper of the group. Like you I debated on having two from the get go but decided not to since I ran into some ammo issues my first go around. Ammo doesn't seem to be such a big issue this time around. Having almost every skill to open locked safes, lockboxes, and computers has really helped. Found a really nice upgrade for my sniper by unlocking the electronic safe in the Ag Center medical room.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 13, 2014, 11:49:03 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 13, 2014, 03:53:44 PM
^agreed  :P

get your shit together Bawb!   >:(
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Anguille on October 14, 2014, 03:51:10 AM
Glad you enjoy it guys... ;)

I like Starfury's one very much too...
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 14, 2014, 03:59:52 AM
Nice avatar W8taminute. From Heart of Glass video if I'm not mistaken.

I was very much in love with Blondie when I was a wee teenager.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Barthheart on October 14, 2014, 07:15:37 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 14, 2014, 03:59:52 AM
...when I was a wee teenager.

I didn't think you were ever "wee"...?  ;D
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 14, 2014, 07:20:51 AM
oh aye Bartheart. There was a wee wully. I started putting weight on when I left the forces (strange that)...daily calories expended dropped massively and I didn't adjust my intake

I wish I had done it back then - things would be a lot simpler  >:(
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bob48 on October 14, 2014, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 13, 2014, 11:49:03 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 13, 2014, 03:53:44 PM
^agreed  :P

get your shit together Bawb!   >:(

I have no idea how to create a gif avatar, or, if it comes to that, know where to look for suitable content  O:-)

I leave that stuff to you experts.......
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 14, 2014, 07:14:07 PM
Bawb please don't stoop to our level. You'll get a crick in your back and not be able to get back up.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 14, 2014, 09:01:29 PM
He'll get a crick in his back, while the rest of us get a crick somewhere else.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 14, 2014, 09:24:28 PM
Well playing the dwarves in Age of Wonders III certainly suits me  >:D ...I have been waiting for a game like this since I was 12  :D

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fcloud-4.steampowered.com%2Fugc%2F43107956127137911%2FFA8BBAAF9C09091200A7D261B7EA7B9370E525AD%2F&hash=df078fbe0b932f9f94a37b9d57d86e3055cbb98e)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 14, 2014, 10:07:51 PM
12 inches tall or 12 years old?
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Nefaro on October 15, 2014, 12:05:57 AM
Beefcake Pantyhose.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Staggerwing on October 15, 2014, 06:24:28 AM
Kill the headlights, put it in neutral
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: bob48 on October 15, 2014, 06:37:24 AM
Quote from: Gusington on October 14, 2014, 07:14:07 PM
Bawb please don't stoop to our level. You'll get a crick in your back and not be able to get back up.

I aspire to stoop to your level - well, not you personally - I have obviously lived a far too sheltered life  ::)
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 15, 2014, 08:31:36 AM
I'm choking on the splinters.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 15, 2014, 08:34:25 AM
Get crazy with the cheez-whiz.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Martok on October 15, 2014, 02:39:34 PM
All right, you chunderheads.  You can't just randomly quote from the song helter-skelter like that!  Sheesh... 







Quote from: Gusington on October 14, 2014, 09:24:28 PM
Well playing the dwarves in Age of Wonders III certainly suits me  >:D ...I have been waiting for a game like this since I was 12  :D
Nice job, Gus!  Glad you're enjoying it.  O0 

As for me, my nancing elves are currently in a fight to push back the human usurpers.  We shall prevail! 

Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Nefaro on October 15, 2014, 05:25:12 PM
Forces of evil in a Bozo nightmare.
Title: Re: Me? I'm just a FRIDAY, you can tell me by the way I walk
Post by: Gusington on October 15, 2014, 05:58:37 PM
I saw Beck in concert ovef the summer...really great show. I forget how long he has been around and how many good songs he has.

For AoW III players...any scenarios in the deluxe edition that you can recommend? The one I posted above was my first sojourn into the meat of the game: small map, three levels, 1 v 1. Loved it. Ditching the tutorial was well advised.