GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Philippe on October 13, 2014, 12:14:32 PM

Title: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Philippe on October 13, 2014, 12:14:32 PM
I don't seem to be having trouble going anywhere else.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 13, 2014, 12:18:13 PM
I can hit the website without any issue using Internet Explorer.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: bbmike on October 13, 2014, 12:32:22 PM
Its been down for a while now. No access with Firefox or Internet Explorer for me.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 13, 2014, 12:36:58 PM
I wonder if region/provider specific or something....I am still getting in without issue.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 13, 2014, 12:39:35 PM
Working fine for me with Firefox and Chrome.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: bbmike on October 13, 2014, 12:47:49 PM
From their Facebook page:
GamersGate- We know that some of you have trouble accessing our website right now. We know about this and we are working to solve the problem as soon as possible.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: tgb on October 13, 2014, 02:15:48 PM
What's funny is I got a promo email from them this morning, and couldn't get into the site to take advantage of it.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Greybriar on October 13, 2014, 06:21:55 PM
I was unable to access GamersGate for about 24 hours. Then it came back up just in time for me to redeem the 20% off coupon they sent me last month.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Martok on October 13, 2014, 06:54:07 PM
Odd.  I was one of the fortunate folks with no problems.  I wonder what the common denominator was? 




Quote from: Greybriar on October 13, 2014, 06:21:55 PM
I was unable to access GamersGate for about 24 hours. Then it came back up just in time for me to redeem the 20% off coupon they sent me last month.
...Which I'd forgotten about til this morning.  Idiot [me]...  :-[ 

Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 13, 2014, 11:01:42 PM
It's down for me now too.
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 14, 2014, 04:07:35 AM
Strange situation.....still up for me though.  Although I really have no need to access that site right now:)
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Staggerwing on October 14, 2014, 05:03:53 AM
Lots of grumpy folks posting on GGs FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/GamersGate
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: Anguille on October 14, 2014, 08:52:09 AM
Posted on Facebook

Dear supporters,

As some of you have experienced our site may be difficult to connect or is slow. Especially for users from US or Asia. It's getting better every hour so bare with us. We're obviously not the only site out there suffering from a "bot-attack" but we can assure you that we will reload and fight back!

We are sorry for any inconvenience
/GG Crew
Title: Re: Is there a problem with the Gamersgate website or is it just my system?
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 14, 2014, 10:57:59 AM
..."bare with us"??

Are they insinuating bewbs should be posted to their FB page?