GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: bboyer66 on October 15, 2014, 02:00:05 PM

Title: The Evil Within (Buyer Beware)
Post by: bboyer66 on October 15, 2014, 02:00:05 PM
  The Evil Within is being bashed pretty hard. Here are two of my favorite reviewers giving their impressions.



Title: Re: The Evil Within (Buyer Beware)
Post by: Bison on October 15, 2014, 08:26:27 PM
Well this isn't boding well for I game I was considering for a future purchase.
Title: Re: The Evil Within (Buyer Beware)
Post by: RooksBailey on October 15, 2014, 09:30:03 PM
It doesn't surprise me.  After all the adverts and press, I still couldn't tell you what the game is about, or why I would want to play it.

EDIT:  I loved the first reviewers comment about hiding in lockers.  I haven't played Outlast nor Alien, but I am already sick of the locker schtick.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it in Alien.  And now it is in this game too!   :uglystupid2:  The reviewer is right on!
Title: Re: The Evil Within (Buyer Beware)
Post by: Gusington on October 16, 2014, 08:15:38 AM
^The new Thief is rife with locker-hiding too.
Title: Re: The Evil Within (Buyer Beware)
Post by: JasonPratt on October 16, 2014, 11:19:44 AM
^^ And Styx, the Orcs and Men sequel(?).

Apparently there's even a mechanic where Styx can learn to cast illusions which hide in closets, make noise, and then jump out and murder those who investigate, dragging them into the closet.
Title: Re: The Evil Within (Buyer Beware)
Post by: bboyer66 on October 16, 2014, 11:26:54 AM
I'm going to get a locker put in my house.... just in case.