GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: PanzersEast on October 16, 2014, 07:58:36 AM

Title: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: PanzersEast on October 16, 2014, 07:58:36 AM
Overkill is giving out PAYDAY: The Heist for free via Steam today at 10AM Pacific and going forward for 24 hours.



PE
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: steve58 on October 16, 2014, 08:19:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up PE!
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 16, 2014, 08:55:06 AM
Quote from: steve58 on October 16, 2014, 08:19:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up PE!

+1
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: Nefaro on October 16, 2014, 09:02:26 AM
Quote from: steve58 on October 16, 2014, 08:19:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up PE!

+1

Well done, sir.

O0
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: Shelldrake on October 16, 2014, 09:18:50 AM
Nice! Thanks PE.
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 16, 2014, 12:03:55 PM
Nice! I've had fun with the sequel, so I may as well grab the original.
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 16, 2014, 12:05:42 PM
Strange, I did not see an 'add to cart' link, only a link to purchase all the DLC for the game for $13.49.

Maybe it's server load - I did get one error before I got to the page. I'll check it when I get home from work.
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 16, 2014, 12:11:40 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 16, 2014, 12:05:42 PM
Strange, I did not see an 'add to cart' link, only a link to purchase all the DLC for the game for $13.49.

Maybe it's server load - I did get one error before I got to the page. I'll check it when I get home from work.

A free weekend for TEN different games?! Good grief! that explains the server load.

Looks like Payday 2 is one of them. Try that out too, folks.  ;D
Title: .
Post by: eyebiter on October 16, 2014, 12:17:30 PM
.
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 16, 2014, 12:19:36 PM
Quote from: eyebiter on October 16, 2014, 12:17:30 PM
Got link?

Load Steam. Search for Payday.  ;D
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: PanzersEast on October 16, 2014, 12:41:32 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/24240/

Should be good to go...


PE
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 16, 2014, 04:57:41 PM
It worked fine just now. I just had to wait until I got home because no doubt the servers were being hammered.

I grabbed Tomb Raider's Survivor edition for less than five bucks. Never played any of the TR games but liked some of the Let's Play videos I've seen of it.

Edit: Tomb Raider is great! (Greeeeet!) It's so very, very linear, but I almost don't notice from the presentation. Well worth a $5 purchase if you're on the fence about it.
Title: Re: PAYDAY: The Heist - FREE (STEAM)
Post by: Staggerwing on October 16, 2014, 09:15:38 PM
The Bureau is only $3.99.

The Bureau with Xcom: Enemy unknown is just $8.49. Looks like I might finally have to get both.