GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: chemkid on October 30, 2014, 09:55:05 AM

Title: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: chemkid on October 30, 2014, 09:55:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0yXqU-w9U0

seems like matrix forum is fighting spambots with deadly weapons - no more posts possible...
Title: Re: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: chemkid on October 30, 2014, 09:59:43 AM
... not anymore... horray! we won!!!

cheers! and on with the show!!
chem!
Title: Re: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: LongBlade on October 30, 2014, 10:01:15 AM
I dunno. Check near the bottom of their forums: Active Users: There are 123 members and 12165 guests.

Something weird is happening.
Title: Re: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 30, 2014, 10:03:27 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 30, 2014, 10:01:15 AM
I dunno. Check near the bottom of their forums: Active Users: There are 123 members and 12165 guests.

Something weird is happening.

Cookies reset or something?  Everyone needs to log in again and are scrambling to find their passwords...
Title: Re: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: Rayfer on October 30, 2014, 10:03:39 AM
Just got off, had no problem posting a note in a SOW thread.  Hmmm...wonder what's going on?
Title: Re: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: LongBlade on October 30, 2014, 10:12:58 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 30, 2014, 10:03:27 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 30, 2014, 10:01:15 AM
I dunno. Check near the bottom of their forums: Active Users: There are 123 members and 12165 guests.

Something weird is happening.

Cookies reset or something?  Everyone needs to log in again and are scrambling to find their passwords...

Yeah, but I'm talking about the ratio: No way they've got 12,000 guests. Maybe an amateur DDOS attack?
Title: Re: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: Huw the Poo on October 30, 2014, 10:17:19 AM
Oh I see.  I dunno, I thought maybe that was a normal number for Matrix.
Title: Re: Matrix Forum's dead, Jim!
Post by: Nefaro on October 30, 2014, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on October 30, 2014, 10:12:58 AM


Yeah, but I'm talking about the ratio: No way they've got 12,000 guests. Maybe an amateur DDOS attack?

Probably.