https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2o87cwgfqztdmm/HexWarrior231.zip?dl=0 Would anybody who remembers StarFleetBattle type games like to test my shields new feature of my 2D Space game?
Just got it on indieDB, they do virus checks and so on http://www.indiedb.com/downloads/hexwarrior231
its not SFB, but it reminds me of it, and looks a little bit like it. Ive attached a shot of the new shield feature below.
its 2D turnbased, it has defensive opportunity fire, shields recharge a little each turn, very fast scenario setup(you can have a spacegame setup in five mins)
the game is Free! and runs on windows and intel Macs
Ok Final compile, its a fix to a double text corrupting the value display on screen. Also Ive added a new module
its on indieDB I like indieDB because they do virus checks and put info and pics to see
http://www.indiedb.com/downloads/hexwarrior232b
only graphics and more modules to add would be the furure for this program, but realy just use the spaceship files and do a module in 5 mins
you may like to add the attached graphics mod below, it puts boxes around the shield display like StarFleetBattles did, I didn't put it on indieDB yet
new and final compile I think on indiedb http://www.indiedb.com/downloads/hexwarrior235 Ive put mini shield info on the small unit pic when selected
shame this game with the shields added hasn't been popular only about 40 people have downloaded it, took a lot of work adding the small shields on the hexgrid. anyway its finished no more work to be done.
Gave it another try. I do like the added shields. I still don't really care much for the movement. I understand and like the reaction fire but maybe it can be handled differently? Also, less 'stuff' on the map might be nice. Hopefully you're continuing to learn and improve your programming skills! :)
Thanks bbmike for giving it another try :) The Map being busy is really simple by pressing the "E" key you enter the editor and can remove or add anything, you can just press load to delete all then add whatever you want. it only took me 5mins to make each space module from the editor. I like the reaction fire , makes the game more interesting , with only a few ships movement isn't to bad to me but i see your point(did you rightclick one hex at a time, you don't need to reselect the ship just keep righclicking the next hex, Im rubbish at help files, but you need to reselect for fireing)to counter give your ships more attacks. Also If you played the first space module I made the strength of each ship one hit one kill, try the 3rd module.
bbmike thankyou for your time and reaction to the new version, I actualy like to play this game myself :) but I will consider your insight if I ever decide to update thanks again
bbmike its just sunk-in what your saying about the reaction fire, If you set the number of attacks of an enemy ship to just one! it will only fire once per turn so a second ship would pass without being fired upon. Also are you righclicking when attacked to fast skip all the attacks?
also the Flags on the Map are for the A.I. to move towards if your ships are not close, but you can make them transparent after you save the module.
Also you can set a graphic of a Planet and set a units movement points to zero and make a planatery base / port / defence gun. or a spacestation.
I know the graphics are not bigbuget, but I do like to retro feel to it, I think it follows a style from my ZXSpectrum days, when people say they want better graphics in truth its not so important for me
What I was trying to do was allow anybody to quickly make a module , not realy bother to much about the included ones, please try pressing "E" and see how it works.
I think Ive got just what I visualised I wanted when I designed the program, 1)to see the full map on one screen 2)simple to learn 3)just mouse needed to play 4)easy module creation 5)small file size for distribution 6)adapt it to suit 7)its free 8)I like it :)
thanks bbmike for a lesson in space battleing, I do realy find you helpful.