GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2014, 03:37:20 PM

Title: Wasteland 2 Patch...2GB really?
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2014, 03:37:20 PM
As title...Steam says downloaded 80.6MB of 2.2GB  :o
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 Patch...2GB really?
Post by: Nefaro on November 05, 2014, 03:49:09 PM
patch notes:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/613941122551999479/

Looks like they changed some UI stuff, added colorblind mode and some other graphical options.  Among other things.

So I'm guessing they just re-uploaded all the graphical files to be sure.

With such wide sweeping changes, this may be warranted.  But there are still some developers who patch lazily because Steam allows them to do so.  Where a normal list of bug fixes gets a 2GB download of many game files that were untouched from the previous version.  I think Space Hulk used to get that treatment, to name one.  Dunno if they just stopped putting out patches or they finally started keeping track of which files they updated and only uploaded those to Steam (as opposed to nearly all of them).
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 Patch...2GB really?
Post by: Huw the Poo on November 05, 2014, 04:12:38 PM
There's an issue with Steam's download system which has it report the total size after unpacking.  You may well end up downloading much less than 2GB.
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 Patch...2GB really?
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2014, 05:14:30 PM
It's finished and does say 2.2GB of 2.2GB downloaded...if there was a problem with total size, I would've thought the downloaded figure would show the right figure...so I do think it downloaded 2.2GB.

Doesn't matter - with 100MB download speed, it took no time at all to download   >:D

I just thought it was a large patch :buck2:
Title: Re: Wasteland 2 Patch...2GB really?
Post by: Nefaro on November 05, 2014, 05:17:04 PM
It was indeed 2.2GB worth of downloading.