GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: jomni on November 06, 2014, 07:27:52 AM

Title: Shadow Warrior
Post by: jomni on November 06, 2014, 07:27:52 AM
I'm more interested in this than COD.
Is it good?  How does the swordplay go?  Steam reviews rating = Overwhelmingly positive.   O0

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233130/

Title: Re: Shadow Warrior
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2014, 07:38:25 AM
It's fun, but at full price I wouldn't take it over CoD. On sale, it's probably worth it. The swordplay is cool mostly because the enemies really get hacked apart. Limbs and blood everywhere. Without all the viscera, truthfully,, the game would be pretty boring.
Title: Re: Shadow Warrior
Post by: jomni on November 06, 2014, 07:53:45 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2014, 07:38:25 AM
It's fun, but at full price I wouldn't take it over CoD. On sale, it's probably worth it. The swordplay is cool mostly because the enemies really get hacked apart. Limbs and blood everywhere. Without all the viscera, truthfully,, the game would be pretty boring.

On sale and very cheap.  Almost cost nothing (less than 10 dollars).
Title: Re: Shadow Warrior
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2014, 09:23:27 AM
Quote from: jomni on November 06, 2014, 07:53:45 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2014, 07:38:25 AM
It's fun, but at full price I wouldn't take it over CoD. On sale, it's probably worth it. The swordplay is cool mostly because the enemies really get hacked apart. Limbs and blood everywhere. Without all the viscera, truthfully,, the game would be pretty boring.

On sale and very cheap.  Almost cost nothing (less than 10 dollars).

FWIW, I put about 4 hours into it before I got bored and moved on to something else.
Title: Re: Shadow Warrior
Post by: jomni on November 06, 2014, 06:29:24 PM
Thanks. I guess I'll pass.  Too many games anyway.
Title: Re: Shadow Warrior
Post by: GJK on November 06, 2014, 10:50:12 PM
Youuuuuuuuu no Lo Wang!!!!

Shadow Warrior is a fun game created by the same guys that put together Duke Nukem 3d so it has a comedic edge to it.  It's a puzzle game so you're saving often until you crack the puzzle that lets you find the key to advance to the next level.  If you're looking for a good FPS or for the swordplay aspect....mmmmm, probably not your game.  If you want to chuckle as you slash, shoot and throw throwing stars then it's definitely worth $10 or so.  I think I paid less than that on GoG. 

Note that the original game was DOS based.  There is a skin pack for it and it's now fully updated to work on todays gear (i.e., a mouse!).